THE STS DOUBLES WORLD CUP 2015

For discussing tournaments and arranging matches
Mr_Twister

Re: THE STS DOUBLES WORLD CUP 2015

Post by Mr_Twister » Tue Nov 24, 2015 8:38 pm

Semifinal is set-up, Interpunct and Rafi have joined. Just waiting for Auzarius now and we can get this going.

Game ID : 506866
Pw : abc
--------------------------------------------------
Oh you ****king fool - you left us carrying your useless pain and now we're trapped here until we die. Remains, remains, the residue. Remains, remains, now is it you ???
(The Legendary Pink Dots - Spike)

SpiteAndMalice
DEMIGOD

Post by SpiteAndMalice » Tue Nov 24, 2015 8:40 pm

Result are input.

Now it's time for the semis :-)

ASGARD - (Odin and Thor) vs. LEGOLAND - (GaryUK and Mazy)
NW USA - (Auzarius and Interpunct) vs. 'THE NORTH' UK - (MrTwister and RafiRomero)

The Guild of the Cephalopods is now recruiting - We embrace all.

- Chief Tentacle Arranger in The Guild of the Cephalopods.

Interpunct

Post by Interpunct » Tue Dec 08, 2015 2:58 pm

Due to a flood of rats and some good RNG in our favour, NW USA triumphs over the North UK.

After I had summoned 10 rats, MrTwister put himself into a corner so only one could attack per turn, and Rafi hopped onto an elephant. Apparently the rats were ravenous, as two of them 1-2 punched the elephant and Rafi to knock him out. In the meantime Auzarius brought out some ranged and high movement creatures in case MrTwister had a teleport. It ended up not mattering as eventually MrTwister succumbed to the rat plague.

GG guys!

If vps still matter, I can't remember:
MrTwister: 21
Interpunct: 106
Rafi: 28
Auzarius: 12
Current Unicoin Total: 5

SpiteAndMalice
DEMIGOD

Post by SpiteAndMalice » Fri Jan 15, 2016 6:04 pm

At the 3rd time of asking Asgard triumphs over Legoland.

2 very close games preceded it that both swung initially in Legoland's favour but finished with Asgard hunting down a win. The 3rd was pretty much a roll-over aided by a strong megaspell advantage (Pegasai and Dragons vs Unicorns and Divine Shield.)

The final then is Asgard vs NW USA.

And the 3rd place playoff is between Legoland and North UK.

Lets get it on!

Kahangriel
GOD

Post by Kahangriel » Fri Jan 15, 2016 7:04 pm

Game 1 was extra intense as it was played live. Asgard managed to kill Gary around turn 13, but it was a large map and Mazy had pegasus and magic wings, so that ultimately there was not enough time to catch him and kill him. For a moment it seemed there was no hope, then Odin's hellhound paralysed him and all of a sudden it looked like he could be killed in the last turn, but then he just teleported away. At the time it must have been really frustrating for Asgard to see victory slip through their fingers like that.

Game 2 was IMO the best one. That Thor fellow couldn't cast a spell to save his life, so Legoland soon got the upper hand. Asgard were cornered but put up a good defense that eventually whittled down Legoland's forces. Then it was Asgard once again on the attack, but it was too little too late. 25 turns is just not enough as a maximum number of turns for close games. Still, there was a time when Thor's hydra was blocked by two skeletons. If Thor had used his mega magical attack on them and succeeded, the hydra would be free to attack both Gary and Mazy on their manticores. In a perfect scenario, Thor could even kill Mazy's manticore with his own manticore's ranged attack, kill one skeleton with his bow, kill the other skeleton and Gary's manticore with the mega magical attack and have the hydra kill both Gary and Mazy. It would have been the perfect move, but if it didn't work (say one of the skeletons survived) he would have been pretty much dead in the water. Thor opted for the cautious approach and I have a feeling there were times when he wished he could go back and take the other road.

Game 3 ended up being easy for Asgard. Having unicorns and divine shield as your megaspells is not good at all when your opponents have dragons and pegasi, since you really don't want to push law and risk being overrun by dragons. Gary did the right thing in trying to get chaos up, but his spells failed and law soon began to shoot up, thanks in part to a few illusions. Coincidentally, at the same time game 3 was being played, Mazy was in a match where a certain wizard started by casting a fake elf, so Mazy thought Thor could be doing the same thing and successfully disbelieved Thor's first elf. This ended up being good for Asgard, since Legoland wasted a few moves trying to disbelieve the other elves (which were real) while ignoring Thor's first pegasus (which was fake). In the end, there was really nothing much Legoland could do. Odin cast 4 dragons and won the day for Asgard.
Who's that riding across the plain?
Who's lost count of the foes he's slain?
Who's the man who's plumb insane?
Kahangriel! Kahangriel! Kahangriel!

gary
DEMIGOD

Post by gary » Fri Jan 15, 2016 8:28 pm

too long
too long
mercifully short
R Tape loading error, 0:1

Interpunct

Post by Interpunct » Wed Feb 03, 2016 2:32 am

Through an incredibly lucky series of events, Auzarius and I triumphed over Kahangriel and SaM. I'm fairly certain that there were maybe three collectively successful casts on their side of the match. After Auz knocked the first to the ground (they were using alternate monikers, I can't remember who was who :lol: ) we cornered, blobbed and removed the remaining wizard.

Well played all!
Current Unicoin Total: 5

Kahangriel
GOD

Post by Kahangriel » Wed Feb 03, 2016 8:30 am

Congrats! Sorry we did not put up anything resembling a fight in the final, but every spell kept failing. In hindsight I should probably have gone for a few illusions, but I honestly could not believe I was going to fail yet another 70% spell. I think I used up all my magical power against Gary and Mazy in those 3 matches we had in the semi-finals.
Who's that riding across the plain?
Who's lost count of the foes he's slain?
Who's the man who's plumb insane?
Kahangriel! Kahangriel! Kahangriel!

SpiteAndMalice
DEMIGOD

Post by SpiteAndMalice » Thu Feb 04, 2016 10:07 pm

Congratulations to Auz and Inter as the STS Doubles Worlds Cup champions.
STS Doubles Worlds Cup 2015.png
Last edited by SpiteAndMalice on Sun Oct 01, 2017 11:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mazy

Post by Mazy » Fri Feb 05, 2016 12:07 am

This Tourney was great, cheers Spite.... Nice work Auz and Inter for mowing everyone down!