No
55%
Indifferent
18%

Total votes: 11

Viking34

Re: Quantum Chaos Cup, change to single elimination

Post by Viking34 » Mon Jun 08, 2015 10:33 pm

Although I initially I went ahead and voted 'yes' because it does indeed seem that many people lose interest when being demoted to the phoenix bracket, it would certainly be a shame to just kick out everyone because of that.

As long as the winner has not won half their matches on walkover (which is already incredibly unlikely), I think the tournament will still be fair if we just continue on like this and remove anyone who has not responded in weeks.

So that's a 'no' to the OP, I think the second bracket should remain as is.

As a side note, perhaps we could have a table at the end of the tourney showing who completed the highest % of their allotted matches (didn't win on walkover)?

Auzarius

Re: Quantum Chaos Cup, change to single elimination

Post by Auzarius » Mon Jun 08, 2015 10:37 pm

Viking34 wrote:Although I initially I went ahead and voted 'yes' because it does indeed seem that many people lose interest when being demoted to the phoenix bracket, it would certainly be a shame to just kick out everyone because of that.

As long as the winner has not won half their matches on walkover (which is already incredibly unlikely), I think the tournament will still be fair if we just continue on like this and remove anyone who has not responded in weeks.

So that's a 'no' to the OP, I think the second bracket should remain as is.

As a side note, perhaps we could have a table at the end of the tourney showing who completed the highest % of their allotted matches (didn't win on walkover)?
I'm sure that is something I could put together once all is said and done.