Equipped but no talismans?

For discussing tournaments and arranging matches
SpiteAndMalice
DEMIGOD

Equipped but no talismans?

Post by SpiteAndMalice » Tue Dec 08, 2015 9:49 am

Just testing the water here; how many people would be interested in playing a tournament which makes use of equipped mode gear, but not the talismans?

The Guild of the Cephalopods is now recruiting - We embrace all.

- Chief Tentacle Arranger in The Guild of the Cephalopods.

MattyRasker

Re: Equipped but no talismans?

Post by MattyRasker » Tue Dec 08, 2015 9:57 am

I was thinking of putting together a tournament called "The BYOK Tournament" (Bring Your Own Kit), talismans and everything, but a non-talisman tournament would work, it will be just like the old days :)

worto03

Post by worto03 » Tue Dec 08, 2015 10:00 am

Yeah I would, I'd also like to see tourneys with just bound spells but none of the fancy stuff.

this is what I hoped the APIs would bring us the ability to easily do but it's not been implemented yet.

SlipperyJim

Post by SlipperyJim » Tue Dec 08, 2015 10:24 am

I am up for most tournaments :)

Regards,

Jim
The Battlemage!

gary is my master now...

Current Unicoin Total: 54.2

Twitter / Steam: SlipperyJim72

worto03

Post by worto03 » Tue Dec 08, 2015 12:12 pm

SlipperyJim wrote:I am up for most tournaments :)

Regards,

Jim
lol - maybe we should have an opt out option for certain people where we have to say if we don't want to take part :)

zamug

Post by zamug » Tue Dec 08, 2015 12:15 pm

I could live with that. I kinda enjoy my talismans, but currently I only seem to meet rat/spider spammers.

Mazy

Post by Mazy » Tue Dec 08, 2015 5:54 pm

Now you're talking!, random staff and gear is the definitive way to play the game, it should still be the core game! especially for ranked, spell binds and using the same load-out every game is just cheating lol

I do really like talisman abilities but it will be good to see how a random equipped tourney plays out without them... well we already know how it will play out, it will be exactly the same as how the client tournies and friendlies played out before the great schism occurred which created a custom mode and a classic mode instead.

Use Matty's invention for this? - http://mattyrasker.me.uk/kitselector/index.html
(I'm sure there's also a way to randomise talismans to for a fully random equipped format, but that's for another time I guess)

MattyRasker

Post by MattyRasker » Tue Dec 08, 2015 9:52 pm

Mazy wrote:Use Matty's invention for this? - http://mattyrasker.me.uk/kitselector/index.html
Good shout my man ;)

Stitchy

Post by Stitchy » Wed Dec 09, 2015 8:29 pm

i think the classic crowd has a tendency to see classic as the only way to play where as equipped players do not feel that way in reverse, i never hear equipped players complain about classic, but always classic guys downtalking equipped

i myself play both styles and i see no reason why they shouldnt exist together
if any side can claim to be the underdog it is not the classic side but the equipped side; the most if not all competitions are classic (in case someone did not notice)

even now when theres talk of playing equipped there are already reservations like "no talismans"
isnt that premature? why not start playing and see what is needed?
maybe it is not the talismans but windwalker bound or w/e that are problematic
playing "random equipped" in that sense is pointless to me coz it defeats the point of playing equipped
and in reality becomes classic+

adding restrictions beforehand goes exactly against what equipped is; pushing builds to their limits
which is something classic cant and it is why equipped has a right to exist, coz it complements classic

SpiteAndMalice
DEMIGOD

Post by SpiteAndMalice » Wed Dec 09, 2015 9:04 pm

Stitchy wrote:i think the classic crowd has a tendency to see classic as the only way to play where as equipped players do not feel that way in reverse, i never hear equipped players complain about classic, but always classic guys downtalking equipped
hmmm I think the ones who complain about too much rng in classic are out there too.
Stitchy wrote: i myself play both styles and i see no reason why they shouldnt exist together
if any side can claim to be the underdog it is not the classic side but the equipped side; the most if not all competitions are classic (in case someone did not notice)

even now when theres talk of playing equipped there are already reservations like "no talismans"
isnt that premature? why not start playing and see what is needed?
maybe it is not the talismans but windwalker bound or w/e that are problematic
playing "random equipped" in that sense is pointless to me coz it defeats the point of playing equipped
and in reality becomes classic+

adding restrictions beforehand goes exactly against what equipped is; pushing builds to their limits
which is something classic cant and it is why equipped has a right to exist, coz it complements classic
The suggestion in the thread is for a tournament that uses equipped but no talismans because I suspected that that mode would fill a niche which isn't met by the official tournaments within the game itself. I think a random equipped mode would also do this.)

I'm a classic player, I don't enjoy equipped mode at all, hence I've got no interest in making an equipped mode tournament.

I think what's missing for the pure equipped mode players is an equipped mode player who's prepared to step forward and create those tournaments.

I saw that the tournament formats which I wished to play were missing from the game and so I created the tournament formats that I wished to play. If the tournament format which you (or anyone else) wants to play isn't available then it's easy enough to create one. I'll always maintain that the more tournaments we have available the better.

The Guild of the Cephalopods is now recruiting - We embrace all.

- Chief Tentacle Arranger in The Guild of the Cephalopods.