BYOK Tournament - Rules and Rounds

For discussing tournaments and arranging matches
MattyRasker

BYOK Tournament - Rules and Rounds

Post by MattyRasker » Sun Jan 24, 2016 8:52 pm

Good day wizards!

This post will outline the list of Participants, the rules and proposed dates for the BYOK Tournament.

Participants
Here is a list of the 12 participants of the BYOK Tournament:
- Mazy
- Worto3
- RafiRomero
- SlipperyJim
- Bobka
- Efreet
- Mr Twister
- MattyRasker
- Incarnadine
- Varanas
- Contraminus (Stitchy)
- Doofus

The very best of luck to you all!

Round One - The Round Robin Qualifier - Kick off 1st February
  • All 12 participants will play each other once, totalling 11 matches for each participant, so make sure you have enough async slots!
  • The games will be 1v1, Asynchronous, Equipped, 10 Days, 20 Turns
  • You can use as many talismans as you like, and choose whatever kit you would like
  • The Top 8 Players will go through to Round Two.
  • The Bottom 4 Players will play a 4 way "Commiseration Round" at a later date that will be announced. I'm hoping we can do this live, but if not asynchronous will be fine. The winner of this round will be hailed as the "BYOK Commiseration Round Winner" and will win nothing except praise and good will.
  • If held live, it will be a 1v1v1v1 Live, 25 Turns, Equipped, 2 Minute Turns. If Async, it will be a 1v1v1v1 Asynchronous, 10 Day, Equipped 25 Turns.
  • If at the end of the round robin there is a tie that doesnt make clear who will be in the top 8 / bottom 4, a tie breaker will be held.
Round Two - The Semis Round - Kick off 15th February
  • The 8 remaining players will fight 1 opponent that will be randomly chosen. This will result in 4 x 1v1 matches.
  • You will play "Best Of 3" matches against your chosen opponent.
  • The games will be 1v1, Asynchronous, Equipped, 10 Days, 20 Turns. You are welcome to start all three at the same time if you wish.
  • You do not have to have the same equipment as Round One, and you do not have to have the same equipment for each match in round two. Change equipment for each match if you wish!

Round Three - The Finals!
  • The Losers of each "Best of 3" 1v1 match from Round Two will fight a "Runner Up" 4 Way match. Again, ideally we can have this live, but asynchronous will be fine. The Winner of the loser will be hailed as "The BYOK Losers Champion" and again will win nothing but heartfelt praise from other competitors (and a good pat on the back, good show sir, good show!)
  • The Winners of each "Best of 3" 1v1 match will fight the "BYOK 4 Way Final". It wouldbe really cool if you can have this live, but again if time zones / availability is not possible then Async will be fine. The Winner will be hailed as "The BYOK Champion" and will win a Chaos Reborn Trading Card Booster Pack! Trust me, I have it in my inventory ready and waiting. You'll need to add me onto Steam to get it though :)
  • Rules for both games - if its live, it will be a 1v1v1v1 Live, 25 Turns, Equipped, 2 Minute Turns. If Async, it will be a 1v1v1v1 Asynchronous, 10 Day, Equipped 25 Turns.
To clarify, you do not need to take in the same kit for all your games - you can choose different kits for each one. Also, it would great to do the 4 ways live as we can do live commentary, and if anyone wants to jump into the commentary box for some chat and commentary then please do - so long as teamspeak is up and running!

if this all sounds hunky dory, then great stuff - any problems let me know below. I will be using challonge.com to set the round robin games up, and a new thread will be started to get results.

See you on the battlefield you fine wizards you! And I don't just want to see Undead Staffs out there, OK? ;)
Last edited by MattyRasker on Mon Jan 25, 2016 8:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

Stitchy

Re: BYOK Tournament - Rules and Rounds

Post by Stitchy » Sun Jan 24, 2016 8:58 pm

change my name to Contraminus to avoid confusion :)

MattyRasker

Post by MattyRasker » Mon Jan 25, 2016 8:55 am

Stitchy wrote:change my name to Contraminus to avoid confusion :)
...aaand done :)

Doofus

Post by Doofus » Tue Jan 26, 2016 12:59 am

Change mine to Stichy to confuse people

worto03

Post by worto03 » Tue Jan 26, 2016 8:25 am

Doofus wrote:Change mine to Stichy to confuse people
:lol:

Stitchy

Post by Stitchy » Wed Jan 27, 2016 8:40 pm

i think you have done enough to doofuse them

MattyRasker

Post by MattyRasker » Thu Jan 28, 2016 10:24 am

Judging by the numerous forum posts Ive seen, I do wonder what staff Doofus is planning on bringing with him.

RafiRomero

Post by RafiRomero » Thu Jan 28, 2016 11:20 am

Well if the next version comes out by then, anyone playing him should bind zombies:)

Doofus

Post by Doofus » Fri Jan 29, 2016 11:20 am

No rats in the first round I promise.

How are we actually setting this up?

MattyRasker

Post by MattyRasker » Fri Jan 29, 2016 11:44 am

Doofus wrote:No rats in the first round I promise.

How are we actually setting this up?
Dude, take in whatever you want :)

I've actually created the Challonge page for Round 1. This round will work almost exactly how Goo Power works (and thanks to Spite for helping me out with that!). I'll create a new thread for results for Round one, and you guys post back your results as you would in Goo Power.

Then we'll go from there - I foresee Round 2 results submissions working much the same way as Round 1, participants setup their games and then post the results back into a new thread which I will create.

For the 4 ways, I'll will PM those to see whether we can get a live game going so we can commentate on a night that everyone can make it, if not then no worries.