This post will outline the list of Participants, the rules and proposed dates for the BYOK Tournament.
Here is a list of the 12 participants of the BYOK Tournament:
- Mr Twister
- Contraminus (Stitchy)
The very best of luck to you all!
Round One - The Round Robin Qualifier - Kick off 1st February
- All 12 participants will play each other once, totalling 11 matches for each participant, so make sure you have enough async slots!
- The games will be 1v1, Asynchronous, Equipped, 10 Days, 20 Turns
- You can use as many talismans as you like, and choose whatever kit you would like
- The Top 8 Players will go through to Round Two.
- The Bottom 4 Players will play a 4 way "Commiseration Round" at a later date that will be announced. I'm hoping we can do this live, but if not asynchronous will be fine. The winner of this round will be hailed as the "BYOK Commiseration Round Winner" and will win nothing except praise and good will.
- If held live, it will be a 1v1v1v1 Live, 25 Turns, Equipped, 2 Minute Turns. If Async, it will be a 1v1v1v1 Asynchronous, 10 Day, Equipped 25 Turns.
- If at the end of the round robin there is a tie that doesnt make clear who will be in the top 8 / bottom 4, a tie breaker will be held.
- The 8 remaining players will fight 1 opponent that will be randomly chosen. This will result in 4 x 1v1 matches.
- You will play "Best Of 3" matches against your chosen opponent.
- The games will be 1v1, Asynchronous, Equipped, 10 Days, 20 Turns. You are welcome to start all three at the same time if you wish.
- You do not have to have the same equipment as Round One, and you do not have to have the same equipment for each match in round two. Change equipment for each match if you wish!
Round Three - The Finals!
- The Losers of each "Best of 3" 1v1 match from Round Two will fight a "Runner Up" 4 Way match. Again, ideally we can have this live, but asynchronous will be fine. The Winner of the loser will be hailed as "The BYOK Losers Champion" and again will win nothing but heartfelt praise from other competitors (and a good pat on the back, good show sir, good show!)
- The Winners of each "Best of 3" 1v1 match will fight the "BYOK 4 Way Final". It wouldbe really cool if you can have this live, but again if time zones / availability is not possible then Async will be fine. The Winner will be hailed as "The BYOK Champion" and will win a Chaos Reborn Trading Card Booster Pack! Trust me, I have it in my inventory ready and waiting. You'll need to add me onto Steam to get it though
- Rules for both games - if its live, it will be a 1v1v1v1 Live, 25 Turns, Equipped, 2 Minute Turns. If Async, it will be a 1v1v1v1 Asynchronous, 10 Day, Equipped 25 Turns.
if this all sounds hunky dory, then great stuff - any problems let me know below. I will be using challonge.com to set the round robin games up, and a new thread will be started to get results.
See you on the battlefield you fine wizards you! And I don't just want to see Undead Staffs out there, OK?