FUBAR #1 2v2 League : February

For discussing tournaments and arranging matches
Sun Jan 31, 2016 10:43 am

• 2v2 FUBAR #1 LEAGUE

Beginning on February-1-2016 and after some delays the first installation of the FUBAR league is finally upon us. The format will be round robin, so each team will play each team once with the focus on games being played live (If both teams would prefer to play in async mode or aren't able to coordinate to be online at the same times then async is fine, but where at all possible if we can try and play live mode). It seems to enable more teamwork in live mode due to being able to discuss tactics in real-time.

We have a total of six teams, so twelve wizards, making a total of five games to organise and play throughout the month. Due to the live format, teams really need to have motivation to complete their matches, so I ask that if you sign up that you are able to commit to playing five live 2v2 matches during February. It's not that much :)

Rules will be

Classic game
    2v2
    2 minute turns (teams can negotiate 1 or 3 minutes if both teams prefer)
    25 turn matches
    Live game (async can be played if Live not possible)
    Survivors Draw (no VP's)
    3 points for a win, 1 point for a draw and 0 for losing.
    In the event of level league positions, joint positions will be decided by who was the victor between the tied teams.
    There will be no final at the end of this season, the team finishing in first place after all matches being played will be crowned "Fubar #1 Champions"

I'm using the website Challonge.com for recording the results. Game data can be viewed anytime at http://challonge.com/2016FUBAR1. The website lists the matches in Round 1-5 order but this is just how the site prefers to display the games, please play in which ever order is easiest to coordinate with other teams!

To ensure I can update the league table if the responsibility for reporting the match results back to this forum can fall upon one of the members of the winning team that would help me a lot. Thanks.

I hope I didn't miss anything. Feel free to ask if I did!

Last of all GL & HF!

Teams

Last edited by stubar on Thu Feb 04, 2016 9:54 pm, edited 3 times in total.
    stubar

Sun Jan 31, 2016 11:00 am

Sun Jan 31, 2016 11:01 am

Sun Jan 31, 2016 2:25 pm

• I am usually available between 6 and 9pm UK time on weeknights.

Friday is a good night for me as I don't work on Saturday (hence Friday Night Chaos).

I am open to asynch if people need it but would prefer live.

Games Remaining for Team Boomstick!:

Doofus & Fox
    toutai & Suprass
    MattyRasker & AhMostyn
    RafiRomero & MrTwister
    Trigz & stubar

Be Groovy Team Boomstick!, be Groovy!

Regards,

Jim
    The Battlemage!

gary is my master now...

Current Unicoin Total: 54.2

Twitter / Steam: SlipperyJim72
    SlipperyJim

Mon Feb 01, 2016 9:42 am

• I'm usually free every evening from 20:30 UK time.
    RafiRomero

Mon Feb 01, 2016 6:28 pm

• I'm usually free between 17:00-01:00 in UK time but sometimes dependin on what I did earlier I'll be available from 13:00-02:00 in UK time (well I'm in Sweden but I could use the same time system as RafiRomero used)
    Luck is something that gets weird when I'm there

Twitch: Ferolia
    Steam/Skype: joreason (renamed myself Toutai)
    E-mail: the_death_warrior@hotmail.com
    toutai

Mon Feb 01, 2016 9:34 pm

• First game completed

stubar & Trigz vs MattyRasker & ahMostyn (won)

Tough game. Me and Trigz started out with some appalling casting luck whilst our opposition seemed to pull Giants out of thin air! We managed to almost make a level playing field after some careful movements, some blob and a dragon, then thinks went a bit crazy...

Matty decided to melee my dragon at a 15% chance and killed it... He had a turmoil on the backburner which he has but failed. I rubbed my hands together with him standing 2 hexes away and brandishing a magic sword!! I cast a fully boosted raise dead on the recently departed dragon which failed. No problem, taste this sword Matty!! That failed too... Matty's melee back then failed on me, so it looked like I was gonna get another swipe at him, but this time with a potential second magic sword. Sadly Mostyn's Hellhound managed to paralyse me at a 27% chance and left me sitting, waiting for a smack over the head with the knobbly end of a staff.

After that Trigz was left to retreat to the edge of the map as two armies advanced towards him!

GG lads!
    stubar

Tue Feb 02, 2016 10:05 am

Tue Feb 02, 2016 9:09 pm

• I don't really "hang out" online, so if people want to play me live, probably best to PM me and we'll arrange sthing in advance.
    RafiRomero

Fri Feb 12, 2016 10:29 am

• Tonight is a good night for a game against gary and I if anyone is up for it?

Regards,

Jim
    The Battlemage!

gary is my master now...

Current Unicoin Total: 54.2

Twitter / Steam: SlipperyJim72
    SlipperyJim

Next

Return to Tournaments and Matchmaking

Information