BYOK Tournament - The Finals!

For discussing tournaments and arranging matches
Mon Mar 14, 2016 2:55 am

• Obsilium wrote:Stitchy, I was wondering why you had a bound elephant, any comments on that?

With 160 mp and a neutral staff, I would be tempted to bind some magic attack.

because i did several run throughs and noticed i would not get mounts and dont forget i can boost neutral spells pretty high
    so the elephant/sword compensates the fact i have arcane robe

binding sword is more value for money than attack spells and dont forget i tend to get 3 magic bolts with a neutral staff and bolt bound and paralyze/subversion is also neutral, so i found i usually have too much attack spells

i can pretty much subvert/bolt/paralyze any undeads that do get cast (in spite of clementine) and fight law with neutral creeps but subverting mounts isnt that easy because they are usually ridden :) thats also the reason i carried raise dead.
    allthough in hindsight i prolly could have subverted a spare unicorn or a pegasus that is if i hadnt failed 86% zombies and 77% elephant and then stumble into a megabolt :)

on another note u said you would take a bit more cards in a 4way,but exemplum funus talisman tends to be worth 2 or 3 cards in the end game.(and with some luck mass subversion adds some cards to your table as well)

also note that subversion works nicely on shadow trees
    Stitchy

Mon Mar 14, 2016 1:10 pm

Mon Mar 14, 2016 1:14 pm

• Stitchy wrote:ye ggs nice tournament

i regret i didnt get to show how effective my build can be (i kinda made it for the final :) )

i hope to see more equipped tournaments in the future

RafiRomero wrote:Yes please:)
    Equipped 3 or 4-way is my favourite way to play.

Thanks guys, and yes i will post the obligatory feedback thread, asking for feedback on any of it but if people liked it then we can always go again.
    MattyRasker

Mon Mar 14, 2016 1:44 pm

• Having card advantage is a preference of mine so that I have as many options as possible available to me and I can construct the right compositions. The endgame of the final was a good example of players having too few threats late.

Its fair enough to bring an elephant if you feel like enough of them don't show up naturally.
    ////// T S U R T //////
    /// I ///////////// E ///
    /// N //////////// W //
    //// RECURRENCE //
    Obsilium

Mon Mar 14, 2016 2:53 pm

• Yes, for four-way, I'd've really wanted more cards or something. I just haven't really looked at gear options at all yet, I have so little time. I only own one staff and robes:D
    RafiRomero

Mon Mar 14, 2016 5:04 pm

• I just watched the excellently presented recorded stream of the 4way final (with commentary and chat log)... nice work Matty and Obs... and DjMagnet.
    Mazy

Mon Mar 14, 2016 5:29 pm

• Any night except tonight I'm good for the final, any time after 20:30.
    I'll try and catch the commetary later:)
    RafiRomero

Mon Mar 14, 2016 5:55 pm

• One thing about mass subversion is that it adds an extra metagame dimension to use of illusions.

Say I'm using my usual marksman gear and have an opponent with mass subversion pinned down. I then cast a percussion of giants. Against most builds, I would cast it real because there are very few counters to a giant percussion that has come too close, but I know that a player with mass subversion might also try to use the mega spell, so it comes down to a game of bluff whether the percussion is real or not. Especially if you have been using illusions more tactically earlier on in the game to try and make the subverter take guesses.
    ////// T S U R T //////
    /// I ///////////// E ///
    /// N //////////// W //
    //// RECURRENCE //
    Obsilium

Mon Mar 14, 2016 9:39 pm

• Obsilium wrote:One thing about mass subversion is that it adds an extra metagame dimension to use of illusions.

ye mass subversion can be tricky, tbh its best against undead spammers with skeletons and or hounds or maybe some lion rush but i havent seen that in a while
    its at its worst against battlemages as those do not tend to have anything that u can subvert (except mounts)
    Stitchy

Mon Mar 14, 2016 10:04 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Tournaments and Matchmaking

Information