The Goo-Power Championship Season 7 - Golden Dragon Division

For discussing tournaments and arranging matches
Mazy

Re: The Goo-Power Championship Season 7 - Golden Dragon Divi

Post by Mazy » Sun Apr 24, 2016 10:31 am

suprass81 wrote:Sorry guys but I wasvery busy last weeks. I didn't have time to start one game and was timed out in twoo games if I'm correct. Hard times... lot to doat work. I will see if I can start another rounnd in season 8 but can't say nothing now. I don't wan't to start another round that will end with couple timed out games.
No probs Sup! ...I believe there's an option to select a 20 day timer in this, or were you using 20 day timers but still timing out? If not, do you reckon you would be able to comfortably complete games within a 20 day timer instead?... Let's ask Spite! maybe that is an option, to have 20 day as the standard?

I know I have had a couple of opponents almost time out against me to, players that are often busy or away, I think I should have set them games up as 20 days just to give them some leeway. Also in general I wonder if 20 day would guard against players timing out in some games but not in others.

SpiteAndMalice
DEMIGOD

Re: The Goo-Power Championship Season 7 - Golden Dragon Divi

Post by SpiteAndMalice » Sun Apr 24, 2016 6:07 pm

Mazy wrote:
suprass81 wrote:Sorry guys but I wasvery busy last weeks. I didn't have time to start one game and was timed out in twoo games if I'm correct. Hard times... lot to doat work. I will see if I can start another rounnd in season 8 but can't say nothing now. I don't wan't to start another round that will end with couple timed out games.
No probs Sup! ...I believe there's an option to select a 20 day timer in this, or were you using 20 day timers but still timing out? If not, do you reckon you would be able to comfortably complete games within a 20 day timer instead?... Let's ask Spite! maybe that is an option, to have 20 day as the standard?

I know I have had a couple of opponents almost time out against me to, players that are often busy or away, I think I should have set them games up as 20 days just to give them some leeway. Also in general I wonder if 20 day would guard against players timing out in some games but not in others.
It's hard to strike a balance with this because whilst a 10 day timebank can leave pressure to finish games quickly, I think a 20 day timebank can potentially leave us with a number of games that would be unfinished at the end of the month. And players may still timeout even on 20 days as we see in the offcial Chaos leagues (though admittedly it's not the same players as play Goo Power)

What we need ideally for Goo Power (and other tournaments) is a 15 day timebank. Hopefully this comes with the new custom match setup options. Between the two options of 10 or 20 days that we have presently I always say 10 days is recommended so that matches get shifted along, and there's a bit of lee way to not have to get games started on day 1.

People can always create their own match times however, and I'd say that if anyone ever needs longer than 10 days that either post your fixtures first and set them all to 20, or let us know whilst signing up the season and I'll put a flag next to your name.[/quote]

The Guild of the Cephalopods is now recruiting - We embrace all.

- Chief Tentacle Arranger in The Guild of the Cephalopods.