6 way tournaments

For discussing tournaments and arranging matches
SpiteAndMalice
DEMIGOD

6 way tournaments

Post by SpiteAndMalice » Mon Mar 28, 2016 5:54 am

So I'm just wondering here what the interest is in getting a couple of tournaments going based on the incoming 6 way format of the game.

One idea I had was that we play with an old school Gran Prix style scoring system.

1st place 10 points
2nd place 6 points
3rd place 4 points
4th place 3 points
5th place 2 points
6th place 1 point

But what else can we do, are people interested in a 3v3 competition? How about a 2v2v2?

The Guild of the Cephalopods is now recruiting - We embrace all.

- Chief Tentacle Arranger in The Guild of the Cephalopods.

Hudd

Re: 6 way tournaments

Post by Hudd » Mon Mar 28, 2016 10:42 pm

I'm in. I don't do teamwork though, so would much prefer free for all. :)

stubar

Post by stubar » Mon Mar 28, 2016 11:20 pm

Instead of always being Last Man Standing rules it could be cool to get a point for each wizard kill made in a match. I don't know if Snapshot could implement this stat on post-game splash screen. I did request this before but no response.

CR could do with some variation with the PVP. As it stands it is always LMS rules.

Mazy

Post by Mazy » Mon Mar 28, 2016 11:59 pm

Yep, 6FFA/3v3/2v2v2, all good new formats, if it's possible to combine them all in one tourney, great!... 6 player maps will probably make my pc lag bad, but cant pass on the prospect of 6 player matches.

stubar

Post by stubar » Tue Mar 29, 2016 12:02 am

Mazy wrote: 6 player maps will probably make my pc lag bad, but cant pass on the prospect of 6 player matches.
monochrome mode?

NoWorries
GOD

Post by NoWorries » Tue Mar 29, 2016 5:38 am

stubar wrote:Instead of always being Last Man Standing rules it could be cool to get a point for each wizard kill made in a match. I don't know if Snapshot could implement this stat on post-game splash screen. I did request this before but no response?
Something like this exists now in League matches in the event of a draw.

Al-Khwarizmi

Post by Al-Khwarizmi » Tue Mar 29, 2016 8:20 am

It could be the Grand Prix standings (curious, I also know that system by heart, and I don't even know the system they currently use in F1) + 2 points per wizard killed.

So for example, if wizard A kills four wizards but then is defeated by wizard B, wizard A would get 6+4*2=14 and wizard B would get 10+1*2=12. While each of the others would get 4, 3, 2, 1 depending on how much they endured.

Sounds more or less balanced to me between recognizing that survival has merit, but still encouraging people to engage other wizards.

stubar

Post by stubar » Tue Mar 29, 2016 8:31 am

NoWorries wrote:
stubar wrote:Instead of always being Last Man Standing rules it could be cool to get a point for each wizard kill made in a match. I don't know if Snapshot could implement this stat on post-game splash screen. I did request this before but no response?
What is that something?

gary
DEMIGOD

Post by gary » Tue Mar 29, 2016 2:10 pm

Victory Points and they suck on a level of much suckiness
R Tape loading error, 0:1

NoWorries
GOD

Post by NoWorries » Tue Mar 29, 2016 3:05 pm

stubar wrote:
NoWorries wrote:
What is that something?
In a draw, rather than get 0 stars, each player gets 1 star for each wizard they defeated in the match. Thus, in a 4FFA draw, a player who defeated 2 wizards but not the last gets 2 stars. This is consequential only in 3FFA and 4FFA formats.

Though even if you get positive stars with a League draw, they don't count as "wins" for purposes of a winning streak bonus.