Here’s an idea

For discussing tournaments and arranging matches
Doofus

Here’s an idea

Post by Doofus » Fri May 27, 2016 9:19 am

6 player tourney

6 matches

Each match is 5v1 giving all players a turn at being the lone wizard.

The 5 wizards can bring any basic staff and equipment they like (with some other possible restrictions that I have yet to think of), the 1 wizard can bring any equipment they like and is allowed to use talismans.

The lone wizard gets 1 point per amount of turns he survives and 5 points for each wizard kill he gets

The 5 wizards lose 1 point for each turn the lone wizard survives, they gain 5 points if they are the one to kill the lone wizard.

Or something.

Thoughts?

worto03

Re: Here’s an idea

Post by worto03 » Fri May 27, 2016 10:50 am

I like it :)

might take a fair amount of organisation though - we've had trouble setting up spites 6 player tourney because you can't force people to do certain things via the client so you have to invite them then tell them what to do then they have to leave do the equip thing then you can reinvite them and hope that all 6 players do it right or you have to abandon the match and start again!

Doofus

Post by Doofus » Fri May 27, 2016 11:29 am

If we get six people who want to do it in here then Spite will set it all up, he loves doing that.

worto03

Post by worto03 » Fri May 27, 2016 11:45 am

:lol: count me in then for starters - if your doing it asynch I take ti we'd play all 6 games at the same time really or we'll still be playing in 2040

SpiteAndMalice
DEMIGOD

Post by SpiteAndMalice » Fri May 27, 2016 12:57 pm

Sounds good to me. :-)

The Guild of the Cephalopods is now recruiting - We embrace all.

- Chief Tentacle Arranger in The Guild of the Cephalopods.

SpiteAndMalice
DEMIGOD

Post by SpiteAndMalice » Fri May 27, 2016 12:59 pm

Doofus wrote:If we get six people who want to do it in here then Spite will set it all up, he loves doing that.
Have trust in yourself young padawan. ;-)

The Guild of the Cephalopods is now recruiting - We embrace all.

- Chief Tentacle Arranger in The Guild of the Cephalopods.

Mazy

Post by Mazy » Fri May 27, 2016 2:12 pm

Gee I dunno Doof :lol: , obviously it's meant to be an impossible mission yeah? I mean even 1v2+ is near impossible, you're relying on opponent mistakes only, once outnumbered you're dead to spammed illusions. Talisman advantage won't change much.. is there a way to really handicap the 5?, maybe they are not allowed to cast illusions? or cast anything at all for periods of the game :) ..like maybe they are only allowed one cast per turn between all 5 of them, still a massive advantage, they have 5 possible spell casters, 5 spell libraries and 5 attackers. Might be some other tricks to even it up a bit?

SlipperyJim

Post by SlipperyJim » Fri May 27, 2016 2:15 pm

Beat the Battlemage is hard against two even when they don't have Talismans and the Battlemage does.

Still - could be fun. :)

Regards,

Jim
The Battlemage!

gary is my master now...

Current Unicoin Total: 54.2

Twitter / Steam: SlipperyJim72

Mazy

Post by Mazy » Fri May 27, 2016 2:18 pm

Yep, either way I'm in.

... ooo just thought of another rule that might help the 1.. (IF the 5 are allowed to spam illusions then...) if you successfully disbelieve one, the enemy caster is dead (they have to surrender, you caught them)

Doofus

Post by Doofus » Fri May 27, 2016 3:23 pm

Yeah well 1 v 5 is silly, there is no way you can win.

However consider these factors

You gain a point every turn you stay alive, staying alive for longer is the real aim here rather than killing everybody else, will make for interesting builds.

None of the 5 wizards want the other wizards to kill you, they are not a team as such. They cannot attack each other directly but shenanigans will be sure to follow considering some of the team mechanics.

Perhaps make it so that the 5 wizards do not lose points each turn but get 10 for a kill, I will work it out using maths or something over the weekend.

Unless I just get drunk and forget about it.