THE REVENGE OF THE MALICE CHALICE - TASK 2

For discussing tournaments and arranging matches
SlipperyJim

Re: THE REVENGE OF THE MALICE CHALICE - TASK 2

Post by SlipperyJim » Sat Jul 02, 2016 4:34 pm

gary is more effusive than I about how much I enjoyed your efforts but I agree with everthing he said. Well done all!

Regards,

Jim
The Battlemage!

gary is my master now...

Current Unicoin Total: 54.2

Twitter / Steam: SlipperyJim72

Obsilium

Post by Obsilium » Sat Jul 02, 2016 6:52 pm

It seems that I found my way back to the present, as I have these scores to show for it...

I warned you wizards that I would not tolerate you lot disobeying me. Thankfully for you, most were careful enough in paying attention to my words. A great number of you utilized primary colors, which are not RGB like in a computer screen but red, yellow and blue.

Grythandril was the only wizard to fully utilize the example I provided and offered up a guardian totem in homage with the desired colors, so he receives the top score of 13 points.

Unfortunately for ahMostyn, I specifically said that I did not want the presentation to take on the hue of a bear. Although it was an excellent animation of a meteor strike, the color ruins the grade and thus, ahMostyn receives 1 point. Given that ahMostyn put a bear into the lower animation, they should have known better...

We now go to those of you that used different colors:

Ellume: Sensible, pixelly looking spider in green, will receive 7 points.

And for those of you who were spot on with colors:

clef: The paladin is blue, but it looks a bit static and hi-definition. 7 points to you.

Viking: Again, this feels like a bit hi-definition for a 1984 video game. But it has a nice aesthetic to it, so you receive 9 points. If there was a thin line of yellow in the presentation, it was too unclear to count given the small final result.

MattyRasker: What is that, a headless horseman riding on a mutant ninja turtle? Something feels a bit off with it, but it is interesting, so it will receive 9 points for different reasons than Viking's.

Incarnadine: The bolt tower uses yellow, along with magenta, which wasn't asked for. It may be used in the future as a basis for a Tesla coil. You receive 10 points.

Mr_Twister: Solid presentation of a teleport, uses yellow along with white and black. I like it, but it was still missing some blue to give full marks. 11 points.

blobka: Cyan and magenta utilized for your teleport, again you were just missing the other color. If you and Mr_Twister had combined your teleport, it would have been the best presentation. You also receive 11 points.

Mazy: 10 points for simplicity and elegance, yellow is a color suitable for an air elemental.
////// T S U R T //////
/// I ///////////// E ///
/// N //////////// W //
//// RECURRENCE //

ahMostyn

Post by ahMostyn » Sat Jul 02, 2016 7:34 pm

Might be a case of splitting bears, but the hue must be at least a shade or two different... And if the judge's decision is indeed final i shall have to grin and bear it. :roll:
Last edited by ahMostyn on Sat Jul 02, 2016 7:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SpiteAndMalice
DEMIGOD

Post by SpiteAndMalice » Sat Jul 02, 2016 7:52 pm

So with the scores complete I can announce the result for task 2:
ROTMC Task 2 Scoreboard.png
It was average scores that counted for this one (the number in red) and so the winners of task 2, despite the absence of one of their team are The Fundead Horde.

THE FUNDEAD HORDE - Please put your feet up guys, get some rest, and enjoy some more time travelling escapades https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J4LI_EqnJq8, you'll need all your energies for task 3.

THE NATIONAL ELF SERVICE - Please could I have your nominations for eviction

The Guild of the Cephalopods is now recruiting - We embrace all.

- Chief Tentacle Arranger in The Guild of the Cephalopods.

ahMostyn

Post by ahMostyn » Sat Jul 02, 2016 8:01 pm

SpiteAndMalice wrote:...
THE FUNDEAD HORDE - Please put your feet up guys, get some rest, and enjoy some more time travelling escapades https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J4LI_EqnJq8, you'll need all your energies for task 3.

THE NATIONAL ELF SERVICE - Please could I have your nominations for eviction
Nice SaM... and thank you Blobka!

Ellume

Post by Ellume » Sun Jul 03, 2016 2:58 am

I was extremely impressed with the submissions for this task. I thought mine was pretty solid and then I was just blown away with how great everything that followed was! Very cool :D

MattyRasker

Post by MattyRasker » Sun Jul 03, 2016 8:14 am

Yes these entrants have been great! I was particularly proud of mine, given I had literally 10 minutes to do it, but apparently it's a load of shit, but I enjoyed doing it and that's the main thing.

blobka
DEMIGOD

Post by blobka » Sun Jul 03, 2016 10:52 am

Thanks mosty, your work has inspired me by competition spirit! Thanks team, thanks to all elves and specially to amazy-lazy-mazy piece of elf for criticism (so needed at the time) and mattyrasker for pointing out what i shouldn't do in my work, thanks to judges for appreciation AND want to say that my work dedicated to the memory of the fallen comrade stubar :

you was funny and undead,
but was too zombie though;
You had a big rotten heart,
filled by chaos,
fed by grass...

Good luck all with the next task!
I had literally 10 minutes to do it
~13 hours for me.

edited, reason: haiku was improved :lol:
Last edited by blobka on Sun Jul 03, 2016 6:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
In Gary We Trust

gary
DEMIGOD

Post by gary » Sun Jul 03, 2016 11:06 am

Proud of all you wizards... the class of 2016 is rocking it!

Keep up the great work and team spirit both internal and cross team.

This is what the Chalice is all about.
R Tape loading error, 0:1

Ellume

Post by Ellume » Sun Jul 03, 2016 1:48 pm

MattyRasker wrote:Yes these entrants have been great! I was particularly proud of mine, given I had literally 10 minutes to do it, but apparently it's a load of shit, but I enjoyed doing it and that's the main thing.
Wow, only 10 minutes? A great job, just didn't meet a few of the judging criteria unfortunately :cry: