Bounty Hunter Prototype Tourney

For discussing tournaments and arranging matches
stubar

Bounty Hunter Prototype Tourney

Post by stubar » Sat Jul 09, 2016 6:48 pm

BOUNTY HUNTER

FINAL SCORE!!

MATTYRASKER is winner!! Congratulations!!

INTRODUCTION

I'm looking to test a 5v1 style tournament with a hopefully simplistic scoring system and gaining some feedback from the people that I've invited to play. If the tourney goes well then I'll look to balance the rules/scoring wherever is necessary depending upon the feedback and possibly roll it out to a two league system if it's popular enough.

OBJECTIVE

The format isn't strictly 5v1, everyone is playing for themselves. One player will play the solo wizard, this will always be player #1 and he will always go first in the turn order. This player has a "bounty" on their head which the remaining five players will attempt to claim by killing him. The bounty is equal to the turn number, so as each turn passes the bounty increases.

The solo player needs to survive as long as possible. If/when they die they will be rewarded with the number of points equal to the bounty (the turn number).

So the potential for the biggest points go to the player with the bounty on their head and the successful bounty hunter. Killing player #1 in turn #15 for example would reward the bounty hunter with 15 points and also 15 points to player#1 for surviving into turn #15.

Points are also rewarded for ANY other wizard kill. Any of the six wizards killing any other wizard is awarded +2 points. Killing the player with the bounty on their head rewards +2 points AND the bounty.

END GAME

The game ends when Player #1 dies, no further scoring continues after this moment.

If player #1 should survive until the end of the game or manages to be the last man standing before the turns are up they receive +30 points and every other wizard will receive zero points. Any points players #2-6 accumulated from kills in this situation are voided.

SETUP

The tourney will be played over 6 asynchronous games set to 20 turns. So each of the players will get an opportunity to play in each of the six positions. The map will be the same in ALL six games to create as level playing field as possible. A list of the six players will be provided. Each player will create their own match as Player #1. You will then create your custom match in order of the provided list, when you get to the bottom of the list simply continue from the top.

i.e

#5 Jim
#6 Gary
#1 Stu <---- Player #1
#2 Matt
#3 Julian
#4 Butterface

Custom Match

1) Stu <---- I made the game in which I have the bounty on my head
2) Matt
3) Julian
4) Butterface
5) Jim
6) Gary

The responsibility for reporting the scores back to me is on Player#1. So if you created the match and you have the bounty on your head I need to collect the match data back from you in this forum please.

Information I require is which turn you died and who killed you. Both these players will
Last edited by stubar on Fri Aug 05, 2016 8:31 pm, edited 16 times in total.

SpiteAndMalice
DEMIGOD

Re: Bounty Hunter Prototype Tourney

Post by SpiteAndMalice » Sat Jul 09, 2016 6:58 pm

'You'll never take me alive!' - I'm in :-)

The Guild of the Cephalopods is now recruiting - We embrace all.

- Chief Tentacle Arranger in The Guild of the Cephalopods.

stubar

Post by stubar » Sat Jul 09, 2016 7:09 pm

SpiteAndMalice wrote:'You'll never take me alive!' - I'm in :-)
Sorry Spite, I just made a quick prototype league this time and asked the people I bumped into online today. If this works then I'll be sure to grab you for the next one :) Hopefully we can make two leagues if the format works out.

SpiteAndMalice
DEMIGOD

Post by SpiteAndMalice » Sat Jul 09, 2016 7:27 pm

stubar wrote:
SpiteAndMalice wrote:'You'll never take me alive!' - I'm in :-)
Sorry Spite, I just made a quick prototype league this time and asked the people I bumped into online today. If this works then I'll be sure to grab you for the next one :) Hopefully we can make two leagues if the format works out.
There's many a slip twixt the cup and the lip. ;-)

The Guild of the Cephalopods is now recruiting - We embrace all.

- Chief Tentacle Arranger in The Guild of the Cephalopods.

Mr_Twister

Post by Mr_Twister » Sat Jul 09, 2016 7:43 pm

My game was setup and everyone invited.

Apparently I didn't have Grythandril as friend yet, friend request sent. Would be great if you could invite a player you have sent a friend request to, maybe they would just get the invite after they accepted.

Now you have to send friend request first, then after they accept you need to send invite, then after they enter you need to start the game. If you're not online at the same time, it can take days to start a game like that.
--------------------------------------------------
Oh you ****king fool - you left us carrying your useless pain and now we're trapped here until we die. Remains, remains, the residue. Remains, remains, now is it you ???
(The Legendary Pink Dots - Spike)

Grythandril

Post by Grythandril » Sun Jul 10, 2016 9:23 am

am in
A Chaotic Wizard in a Chaotic World

MattyRasker

Post by MattyRasker » Sun Jul 10, 2016 5:45 pm

I'll set mine up tonight me 'ol mucker

stubar

Post by stubar » Sun Jul 10, 2016 5:48 pm

MattyRasker wrote:I'll set mine up tonight me 'ol mucker
Thank you kind sir :)

stubar

Post by stubar » Thu Jul 14, 2016 8:10 pm

gary kills me in my game in turn 4, earning him 4 points for the bounty and +2 points for the kill.

i also earn a crappy 4 points for getting turned to a frazzle in turn 4 by a dragon :)

gg

stubar

Post by stubar » Fri Jul 15, 2016 6:52 pm

SCORES IN 2/6 MATCHES