Bounty Hunter Prototype Tourney

For discussing tournaments and arranging matches
Doofus

Re: Bounty Hunter Prototype Tourney

Post by Doofus » Thu Jul 28, 2016 11:21 am

This seems like a direct copy of a format I invented in 2016 viewtopic.php?f=11&t=4327

A report has been filed.

stubar

Post by stubar » Thu Jul 28, 2016 12:33 pm

Doofus wrote:This seems like a direct copy of a format I invented in 2016 viewtopic.php?f=11&t=4327

A report has been filed.
I mentioned it a few days before in l&c, i believe you were there. A few days later that post appeared.

MattyRasker

Post by MattyRasker » Thu Jul 28, 2016 12:40 pm

stubar wrote:
Doofus wrote:This seems like a direct copy of a format I invented in 2016 viewtopic.php?f=11&t=4327

A report has been filed.
I mentioned it a few days before in l&c, i believe you were there. A few days later that post appeared.
Question is, did you sign a Non Disclosure Agreement?

MattyRasker

Post by MattyRasker » Thu Jul 28, 2016 12:41 pm

Anyway, in relation to the tournament, it appears Gryth has dissappeared for a few days so the two games I'm left in appear to be on hold for the time being.

stubar

Post by stubar » Thu Jul 28, 2016 3:07 pm

MattyRasker wrote:Anyway, in relation to the tournament, it appears Gryth has dissappeared for a few days so the two games I'm left in appear to be on hold for the time being.
Yeah, gryth mentioned his sister or something is using all his bandwidth for a few days. Hope he can manage to play a couple of turns soon.

Mr_Twister

Post by Mr_Twister » Fri Jul 29, 2016 7:11 pm

Mazy wrote:I'm sure Twist will report the rest of the details
In short :
MrT kills Gryth on turn 4
Matty kills Gary on turn 14
MrT kills Stubar on turn 14
Matty kills MrT on turn 16

Longer version :
Twister kills Gryth (turn 4)
Mazy takes a risk, teleports near Twister, giving his elemental a chance to push Twist and his unciorn off, it fails (turn 4)
Twister and his unicorn attack Mazy uphill but fail (turn 5)
Twister traps Mazy in a wall, Mazy counters with vines to block Twister's path, Twister already had some trees, so things get a bit congested. Mazy teleports a 2nd time to get further away.
Now Gary starts heading for T with an eagle and pegi, Stubar comes closer as well from the other side with a pegi and elemental.
But Twister has 2 icarus towers behind the growths, stopping all from getting close.
One of the towers dies, Twister gets his Crystal Maze out, trapping Gary and making it hard for Stu to approach.
Stu loses patience, flies in with elemental (killed by icarus) and himsemf on pegi (also killed by icarus), but then kills the tower and plants a paladin near Twister on his unicorn.
Matty attacks Gary (still inside the wall) from behind with a dragon, lion and hellhound, killing his pegi. Gary then escapes from the wall and is attacked by Stubar's unicorn, it fails. Stu also gets a dragon out.
Meanwhile, Twister does a stupid turn, attacking the paladin and losing his unicorn in the process, leaving him vulnerable to Stu, his dragon and paladin.
But before Stu can finish Twister, Matty has an awesome turn, his meteor hits and kills Stu's dragon and paladin, his dragon eats Gary alive, and his lion fails an attack on Twister. Stu tries to melee Twister and fails. (all turn 13)
One of Twister's trees kills Matty's lion, another tree kills Stubar (turn 14)
The final fight has Twister on his elephant, stuck between battlemage Mazy (bow+shield+unicorn) and Matty's pack of lions. Mazy kills the elephant with a bow, allowing Matty's lion to deal the finishing blow. (turn 16)
Also because T put his elf on the wrong side. :-)

In retrospect, I did make a few silly mistakes, and got away somewhat lucky a couple of times. I also benefited from abundant defensive spells in my hand (forest, icarus towers, wall) and of course my mega.
--------------------------------------------------
Oh you ****king fool - you left us carrying your useless pain and now we're trapped here until we die. Remains, remains, the residue. Remains, remains, now is it you ???
(The Legendary Pink Dots - Spike)

stubar

Post by stubar » Fri Jul 29, 2016 7:14 pm

great report T, and gg :)

(it's gonna take a while for me to get over that turn 13 meteor from Rasker!)

Mr_Twister

Post by Mr_Twister » Fri Jul 29, 2016 7:16 pm

Mazy wrote:
stubar wrote:4 turns from making to the end. GG Twist!!
Yep, lasting that long in a 5v1 is crazy good.
Except it's not a 5v1, the 5 players are not operating as a team. On the contrary, they get points for killing each other, and they benefit from helping the bounty player if another players risks grabbing the bounty. So all 5 players are at times allies and at times enemies for the bounty player, but they are always enemies for each other. :D
Oh you ****king fool - you left us carrying your useless pain and now we're trapped here until we die. Remains, remains, the residue. Remains, remains, now is it you ???

Mr_Twister

Post by Mr_Twister » Fri Jul 29, 2016 7:22 pm

Mazy wrote:The interesting thing about that game was I thought Matty was well out of it due to his starting position, I keep thinking whoever starts the furthest away has no chance at catching the bounty, but this is not the case. The player that starts nearest to the bounty does still have the best chance of getting the first strike in though.
I think it's also because our strategy isn't adapted to the format......yet.

Several players went for an attack in the early game, risking their own life if it failed. The best example was your teleport + elemental attack, while very clever from a tactical point of view, was actually not very smart from a strategic view. A turn 4 kill doesn't net you many points, so not worth the risk to get killed. It's probably wiser to hold off, like Matty did, build up some powerful offence and start your offence at the right time, even help the bounty player if someone gets close to a kill. :D

MattyRasker

Post by MattyRasker » Wed Aug 03, 2016 11:09 pm

Order of elimination (starting from the top):

Gary 1 kill
Gryth 2 kills
Stubar Killed MattyRasker in turn 12