THE REVENGE OF THE MALICE CHALICE - TASK 4

For discussing tournaments and arranging matches
User avatar
SpiteAndMalice
DEMIGOD
Posts: 6276
Joined: Sun Apr 06, 2014 10:45 pm
Location: UK
Contact:

THE REVENGE OF THE MALICE CHALICE - TASK 4

Post by SpiteAndMalice » Mon Jul 11, 2016 12:12 am

TASK 4 – THE MS PAINT CHALLENGE

Some weeks ago, during the scoring of The Malice Chalice Task 1 one of our judges, Judge Slippery disappeared, for 24 hours not a soul could find him (we even harassed his brother). Now I know where he actually was during that time, but the question is; do you?

Using the scrying power of your minds I would like you to focus on the whereabouts of Judge Slippery during that scoring weekend of Task 1. I would like you to locate where he was hidden during that time and then when you have done that I would like you to paint us all a picture of that scene.

For task 4 of The Malice Chalice I would like you to paint the scene of where you saw Judge Slippery. It should a scene that is in landscape orientation, it should be Chaos themed, it should show Judge Slippery somewhere within that scene, and it should be free drawn only.

The tool for use during Task 4 is that powerhouse of the computer graphics world MS Paint.

Need some inspiration whilst you draw, need a muse? Here’s some musical accompaniment to help you with this week’s task. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=30NqNY_yVVk

Have you found him yet? Can you see where he was? You can? That’s good! Now, quick, quickly, find your paintbrushes, make an image, and show us where Judge Slippery was, before the scene dims, before it fades back from view.

PS – Free drawn means drawn by hand, well erm mouse.
Image

The Guild of the Cephalopods is now recruiting - We embrace all.

- Chief Tentacle Arranger in The Guild of the Cephalopods.

User avatar
SlipperyJim
Posts: 1420
Joined: Wed Jan 29, 2014 2:33 pm
Location: UK

Re: THE REVENGE OF THE MALICE CHALICE - TASK 4

Post by SlipperyJim » Mon Jul 11, 2016 6:32 am

I am not sure I can add any criteria other than be awesome.

Bonus points will be awarded for getting it right!

I shall take 3 points off for any submissions which come in after the deadline.

Regards,

Jim
The Battlemage!

gary is my master now...

Current Unicoin Total: 54.2

Twitter / Steam: SlipperyJim72

User avatar
Obsilium
Posts: 783
Joined: Wed Apr 16, 2014 4:06 pm
Location: Long Island, NY

Re: THE REVENGE OF THE MALICE CHALICE - TASK 4

Post by Obsilium » Mon Jul 11, 2016 9:28 am

EDIT - OLD CRITERIA, OMIT

To signify the dual nature of law and chaos, I will be judging Paint compositions both in their normal color scheme and in inverse colors. Either provide the inverse image with the presentation or send me a PM, and I'll give you an email address to send the original picture so I can judge its inverse beauty. A contestant who does neither will receive at most half credit.

EDIT - NEW CRITERIA, OBEY OR PERISH

Create a custom color, explain why it is there and its usage within the painting. Those that fail to do so will receive 5 points maximum outside of bonus points.

Also, the contestant who puts in the most subtle Friday Night Chaos reference will get 3 points. Subtle means it should NOT be explained to judges, they should be expected to find it themselves.
Last edited by Obsilium on Mon Jul 11, 2016 3:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
////// T S U R T //////
/// I ///////////// E ///
/// N //////////// W //
//// RECURRENCE //

ahMostyn
Posts: 343
Joined: Thu May 08, 2014 9:26 pm

Re: THE REVENGE OF THE MALICE CHALICE - TASK 4

Post by ahMostyn » Mon Jul 11, 2016 9:57 am

Dear Mr. Spite and Malice,

Could you please clarify exactly what constitutes free-drawn by mouse? Does this exclude use of (eg) line and shape tools? Or is all MSPaint functionality fair game?

Yours sincerely,

ahMostyn

P.S. I trust that this finds the right tone of deference and respect.

User avatar
Grythandril
Posts: 407
Joined: Tue Nov 25, 2014 8:34 pm

Re: THE REVENGE OF THE MALICE CHALICE - TASK 4

Post by Grythandril » Mon Jul 11, 2016 1:00 pm

I too have a couple questions:
Obsilium wrote:To signify the dual nature of law and chaos, I will be judging Paint compositions both in their normal color scheme and in inverse colors. Either provide the inverse image with the presentation or send me a PM, and I'll give you an email address to send the original picture so I can judge its inverse beauty. A contestant who does neither will receive at most half credit.
what is inverse?

Also I have win 7 ms paint which seems a cut down version from vista ms paint.
SpiteAndMalice wrote:TASK 4 – THE MS PAINT CHALLENGE
For task 4 of The Malice Chalice I would like you to paint the scene of where you saw Judge Slippery. It should a scene that is in landscape orientation, it should be Chaos themed, it should show Judge Slippery somewhere within that scene, and it should be free drawn only.
What size/dimensions are you looking for?
A Chaotic Wizard in a Chaotic World

User avatar
SpiteAndMalice
DEMIGOD
Posts: 6276
Joined: Sun Apr 06, 2014 10:45 pm
Location: UK
Contact:

Re: THE REVENGE OF THE MALICE CHALICE - TASK 4

Post by SpiteAndMalice » Mon Jul 11, 2016 1:38 pm

ahMostyn wrote:Dear Mr. Spite and Malice,

Could you please clarify exactly what constitutes free-drawn by mouse? Does this exclude use of (eg) line and shape tools? Or is all MSPaint functionality fair game?

Yours sincerely,

ahMostyn

P.S. I trust that this finds the right tone of deference and respect.
Yes it excludes the use of line and shape tools.

Free drawn means as if you're drawing it on paper with only a brush/pencil.
Image

The Guild of the Cephalopods is now recruiting - We embrace all.

- Chief Tentacle Arranger in The Guild of the Cephalopods.

User avatar
SpiteAndMalice
DEMIGOD
Posts: 6276
Joined: Sun Apr 06, 2014 10:45 pm
Location: UK
Contact:

Re: THE REVENGE OF THE MALICE CHALICE - TASK 4

Post by SpiteAndMalice » Mon Jul 11, 2016 1:40 pm

Grythandril wrote:
SpiteAndMalice wrote:TASK 4 – THE MS PAINT CHALLENGE
For task 4 of The Malice Chalice I would like you to paint the scene of where you saw Judge Slippery. It should a scene that is in landscape orientation, it should be Chaos themed, it should show Judge Slippery somewhere within that scene, and it should be free drawn only.
What size/dimensions are you looking for?
The exact size and dimensions are up to you, but I am looking for landscape pcitures as opposed to portraits. (So more wide and less tall).
Image

The Guild of the Cephalopods is now recruiting - We embrace all.

- Chief Tentacle Arranger in The Guild of the Cephalopods.

User avatar
Grythandril
Posts: 407
Joined: Tue Nov 25, 2014 8:34 pm

Re: THE REVENGE OF THE MALICE CHALICE - TASK 4

Post by Grythandril » Mon Jul 11, 2016 2:10 pm

SpiteAndMalice wrote:
ahMostyn wrote:Dear Mr. Spite and Malice,

Could you please clarify exactly what constitutes free-drawn by mouse? Does this exclude use of (eg) line and shape tools? Or is all MSPaint functionality fair game?

Yours sincerely,

ahMostyn

P.S. I trust that this finds the right tone of deference and respect.
Yes it excludes the use of line and shape tools.

Free drawn means as if you're drawing it on paper with only a brush/pencil.

Are we allowed to use the text tool?

It is very difficult to write letters/words on MS paint with a mouse.
A Chaotic Wizard in a Chaotic World

User avatar
Obsilium
Posts: 783
Joined: Wed Apr 16, 2014 4:06 pm
Location: Long Island, NY

Re: THE REVENGE OF THE MALICE CHALICE - TASK 4

Post by Obsilium » Mon Jul 11, 2016 3:25 pm

Grythandril, it seems like this is a feature I remember from older versions of Paint which doesn't exist anymore, so I'll have to change my judging criteria. It basically changed all the colors you used to their opposites on the scale the program used.

Contestants, look for an edited post as I think of something else that is clever and doesn't impinge too much on your creativity.

EDIT: New criteria uploaded, make your own custom color and explain its use within the painting.
////// T S U R T //////
/// I ///////////// E ///
/// N //////////// W //
//// RECURRENCE //

User avatar
SpiteAndMalice
DEMIGOD
Posts: 6276
Joined: Sun Apr 06, 2014 10:45 pm
Location: UK
Contact:

Re: THE REVENGE OF THE MALICE CHALICE - TASK 4

Post by SpiteAndMalice » Mon Jul 11, 2016 4:23 pm

Grythandril wrote: Are we allowed to use the text tool?
Nope.
Grythandril wrote: It is very difficult to write letters/words on MS paint with a mouse.[/color]
Yeah tell me about it ;-) I generally test these tasks out myself before I give them to you.

Please don't think that I'm expecting you to produce high quality production value drawing that use tools within MS Paint to work around the limitations of using MS Paint. The results of this task will be a lot more fun for looking like they've been created in MS Paint. :-)
Image

The Guild of the Cephalopods is now recruiting - We embrace all.

- Chief Tentacle Arranger in The Guild of the Cephalopods.

Locked