THE REVENGE OF THE MALICE CHALICE - TASK 4

For discussing tournaments and arranging matches
SlipperyJim

Re: THE REVENGE OF THE MALICE CHALICE - TASK 4

Post by SlipperyJim » Sat Jul 16, 2016 1:05 pm

Firstly let me say how I have enjoyed all your entries. I know that these things take a lot of time to do! For me this has been like receiving Fan Art. I have saved all of them and will be sharing them on Facebook! :)

Viking34 – "Double Jim and Tonic"

Nice try! While booze was involved I was not at a pub. Features I like include Viking's stripy top, the barman's text, the cow on the pitch and the FNC reference. Viking's death by booze also amuses me. The first entry somewhat sets the bar for those that follow so kudos for that. Is it me or does the barman look Australian?

Top Mod #2?! 2?! I'd be offended if it weren't for the fact I love worto so much!

Score: 8

Grythandril – "Dreams of Chaos"

Again a plausible solution but incorrect. Features I like are the coloured text for the spells, Chaos Mode Rules and the commotion coming from the PC. Intentional or not this also reflects the title of Allen's book. Also not enough booze shown.

A little sad to think that you suspect I am unable to come up with an original new spell.

Score: 7

Mr_Twister – "Hail Hydra"

A good guess. Actually I do prefer Star Trek to Star Wars but I am not rabid about it – I like them both. I think you missed a trick by not using Captain America. Some nice detail including the seat numbers, my wings and your critique of the film since I am asleep. Nice FNC reference.

Score: 8

ahMostyn – "I Am The NightNurse!"

Totally off the mark as to what I was doing but I love this one. At first I was interested in my rainbow quilt wondering if you were making a guess as to my sexual preferences but then gary pointed out it is the colour stripe from a Spectrum! I am not a smart man. Nice FNC reference. I like the kit on the floor including a broken bow string. I love the use of the Jimbat face but looking sad. Even the detail on the screens is there. Great work!

Score: 10

Ellume – "The JimBurn!"

Again incorrect. I like the overall style of this – it's well composed. I like the way I appear to be in Realms. I like the Jimbat outfit from behind. I like the way you suspect I am a murderous pyromaniac despite the fact that Magic Fire is not in the game. Solid entry.

Incarnadine - "Hairline"

Interesting but while I may have attempted a hypnotic gaze that evening, as usual people thought I was farting. Either you have a very steady hand or you used the line and circle tools. I like the FNC reference – the subtlest yet. Sadly I don't have any meaningful hair and I am not blonde.

Score: 6

blobka – "Arenji Has Foresaken Me"

I wonder if this was influenced by my recent kill in the 4Most Masters? Sadly I was not playing Chaos Reborn on that fateful night else we would not be involved in this task. Some interesting details here – great drawing. I wonder why I am some kind of Lion Man in dungarees. I have been shat on by eagles many times.

Clef – "120 Seconds to What?"

Final Warning – I will deduct points for late entries from now on even if you are one minute late. I am so happy with everyone's submissions that I am feeling generous and will not do so on this one Clef – especially as you were playing Chaos with me last night instead of working on this. Great film reference, love the Jimbat look and the fact that you coloured my staff correctly. Sadly I was not in a tense stand-off situation.

Score: 6

Well done everyone! In a way I hate having to score these since I appreciate the effort everyone has made.

So what was I doing? I was at a (long arranged) barbecue and it being the first week of the Chalice I forgot my responsibilities.

http://mandatoryrollercoaster.com/post/ ... n-barbecue

Think of Robin as worto ;)

Regards,

Jim
The Battlemage!

gary is my master now...

Current Unicoin Total: 54.2

Twitter / Steam: SlipperyJim72

SpiteAndMalice
DEMIGOD

Post by SpiteAndMalice » Sat Jul 16, 2016 3:35 pm

SlipperyJim wrote:
.. but then gary pointed out it is the colour stripe from a Spectrum!
Speaking of spectrum duvets.
download.jpg
download.jpg (44.94 KiB) Viewed 426 times

The Guild of the Cephalopods is now recruiting - We embrace all.

- Chief Tentacle Arranger in The Guild of the Cephalopods.

Obsilium

Post by Obsilium » Sat Jul 16, 2016 4:15 pm

I must say I was impressed at the artistic talent displayed here. I used to dabble in Paint a bit but my most interesting pictures were all black and white and I felt that would be too limiting of a format for you. So here come my reviews:

Viking: A fine bar you have shown us, and a table made of tanglevine would be interesting indeed. One might be worried though that it might harbor many a spider. You also came up with a nice red herring, with Chaos Night the original reference that caught my eye before realizing that the time was 3-4 am. The actual reference was of course within the football screen. However, there were more subtle references that followed you, so no extra points will be awarded.

FINAL SCORE: 8 points

Grythandril: This wins the award for subtlety in my mind. For those of you who didn't catch on, look at the scene and the sky carefully. That was the sort of reference I was hoping to see from people. Apart from that, a fairly simplistic drawing which does have a nice richly colored couch.

FINAL SCORE: 4 + 3 = 7 points

Mr_Twister: A good painting, and I definitely liked the arrangement of the scene, with the seat numbers a nice touch. However, you didn't declare a custom color means you are only eligible for half credit, and the FNC reference was average.

FINAL SCORE: 5 points

ahMostyn: The color scheme you chose fits the battlemage set, so credit for that. A lot of action going out outside, including sprites playing with magic fire outside and a pegasus which looks like a combination between a dinosaur and a grasshopper. The calendar was an acceptable reference, and putting say a 1 on the first Sunday to suggest Friday the 13th might have been a successful touch to win bonus credit.

FINAL SCORE: 9 points

Ellume: Nice use of the different brushes, the spraypaint has also been a favorite tool of mine in Paint. Definitely gives off a realmy feel, which is something that Jim might do on FNC, so you'll get credit for that as a reference. Unfortunately, you didn't describe your custom color, so that will bring down your score.

FINAL SCORE: 5 points

Incarnadine: You get an honorable mention for subtlety, as Jim needed to explain the full reference to me. You also had a red herring in mentioning unicorns (unicoins) but both a similar slogan and the red herring strategy had already been tried before, so it doesn't quite make the cut. I would have suggested doing it the other way, mentioning the TGIC and drawing a unicoin. Apart from that, you get credit for the Jimpire's fabulous looking suit and tie and truly diabolical sickly green face.

FINAL SCORE: 7 points

blobka: A lot of action going on in your picture, and I like the way you tried to blend colors a bit to get both paintings to look interesting, for example with the causals, and the shadow tree looking quite Alien-like in green (although the latter manticore unavoidably looks like a creature of Law). You didn't provide a custon color, but you provided an inverse image, so I will let that suffice. I didn't notice a direct FNC reference, but I'm sure Jim runs into a lot of casuals while promoting the game.

FINAL SCORE: 8 points

Clef: I'm not too familiar with movies, so I guess the first thing that comes to mind when I think of standoffs is Reservoir Dogs. Feel free to laugh at me mercilessly if I am wrong though. I liked the landscape and the line crackling through the attack staff, but the rest appeared fairly simplistic and there wasn't a custom color in sight.

FINAL SCORE: 3 points
////// T S U R T //////
/// I ///////////// E ///
/// N //////////// W //
//// RECURRENCE //

gary
DEMIGOD

Post by gary » Sat Jul 16, 2016 4:31 pm

Hi all

Just like to say that once again you have out done yourselves and produced some great work. I trust you all had fun pushing the limits of your imagination and of course the limits of MS Paint. As always, I loved all your entries but now I have to put my judge robes on and mark them. In case you are interested they are arcane robes with magic power of 180 and 3 bind slots. And since Sam hasn’t stipulated what our marks have to be out of and because it is the 16th then I am going to give points out of 16.

Viking34

A lot of nice detailed work here but not very Chaosy as it were. Like the use of the dad quote and nice hat Jim is sporting. Sure Worto will agree with your sentiment also.

Score = 8

However, I wrote back at the start ‘Our host Sam, Mr Spite and Malice to you’ and you wrote ‘@SpiteAndMalice, if I do make it to next week’ so a point is take off.

Revised Score = 7

Grythandril

Colourful and fun. Love the reference back to the original Chaos, Would have been mightily impressed has you used cyan for the harpy text. I am ok with the use of copy, paste and rotate for the booze.

Score = 10

Mr Twister

The flaying Jimbat, nice. More Star Trek quotes. Nice detail in Chaos branded speakers and of course an attempt at a hellhound. Least I think it is, could be something out of John Carpenter’s The Thing though.

Score = 11

AhMosty (MVP)

A spectrum duvet, high five for that one. A Jimbat ill in bed with his battlemage gear lying around him, I like this idea lots. Nice depiction of a battle from the original Chaos out of the window and a nod to the current version with your sapphire dragon.

Score = 15

Blobka

One word, ok maybe two, batshit (maybe that should be eagleshit) insane. Cant really add much to that :)

Score = 11

Ellume

There is a nice aesthetic to this one. So you saying Jimbat knows the secret to magic fire? I have suspected as much myself. Not sure what he is burning to the ground though. Nice Chaos staff.

Score = 11

Incarnadine

Interesting entry you got going on here, clearly disregarding Sam’s brief which odd I quite like the show of dissent. It is very Bent Elton of you with your ‘bit of politics’. Nice crack the logo and looks ok in the inverse colour scheme.

Score = 9

Clef

Nice Jimbat with his battlemage armoury staff. Hmmm only film I can think of is one of the spaghetti westerns, For a Few Dollars More or The Good, The Bad and The Ugly. Nice solid fun entry.

Score = 12

Once again great stuff all. You are doing eh Chalice proud Was hoping for a Titanic style pose but I guess it was probably for the best as we might get scared by the sight of a naked Jim 

See you on the next task.

Gary
R Tape loading error, 0:1

blobka
DEMIGOD

Post by blobka » Sat Jul 16, 2016 5:56 pm

SlipperyJim wrote: ... Sadly I was not playing Chaos Reborn on that fateful night else we would not be involved in this task. Some interesting details here – great drawing. I wonder why I am some kind of Lion Man in dungarees. I have been shat on by eagles many times.
Jim
It wasn't depiction of chaos game, it's RL! couple in a car - as dwarf and elf on manticore, pigeon as an eagle, etc. that is why you are a lion. there meant to be more(just for whole idea as it's the end now anyway): skele pervert showing bare bones to rat ladies and disturbing the meatful society in general, icarus tower goes to the disco club and singing "always i want to be with you" and wear a salor's cup, cop-paladin, a thug giant robbing a goblin and more.
You didn't provide a custom color
it has some for sure, at least the whole background is.

I really liked all the works, the best task so far, it has something childish and cute in it. ahMostyn's is the cutest and the whole page 3(-mine) is great. :)
Last edited by blobka on Sat Jul 16, 2016 6:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
In Gary We Trust

Grythandril

Post by Grythandril » Sat Jul 16, 2016 6:09 pm

SlipperyJim wrote: So what was I doing? I was at a (long arranged) barbecue and it being the first week of the Chalice I forgot my responsibilities.
There was not mentioned in task 1 of malice chalice.

was it mentioned anywhere else?
A Chaotic Wizard in a Chaotic World

SpiteAndMalice
DEMIGOD

Post by SpiteAndMalice » Sat Jul 16, 2016 6:15 pm

And with the scores in for Task 4:
ROTMC Task 4 Scoreboard.png
I can announce that it is a victory for The Fundead Horde who may now put their feet up and enjoy these wonderful pieces of spectrum art https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0TQdX4NsRqs

@The National Elf Service - It's time to get your nominating fingers typing me a PM.

SpiteAndMalice
DEMIGOD

Post by SpiteAndMalice » Sat Jul 16, 2016 6:17 pm

blobka wrote:
SlipperyJim wrote: ... Sadly I was not playing Chaos Reborn on that fateful night else we would not be involved in this task. Some interesting details here – great drawing. I wonder why I am some kind of Lion Man in dungarees. I have been shat on by eagles many times.
Jim
It wasn't depiction of chaos game, it's RL! couple in a car - as dwarf and elf on manticore, pigeon as an eagle, etc. that is why you are a lion. there meant to be more(just for whole idea as it's the end now anyway): skele pervert showing bare bones to rat ladys and disturbing the meatful society in general, icarus tower goes to the disco club and singing "always i want to be with you" and wear a salor's cup, cop-paladin, a thug giant robbing a goblin and more.
Genius :-D

Please can I borrow that phrase 'disturbing the meatful society' ? I promise to look after it well.

SpiteAndMalice
DEMIGOD

Post by SpiteAndMalice » Sat Jul 16, 2016 6:21 pm

Grythandril wrote:
SlipperyJim wrote: So what was I doing? I was at a (long arranged) barbecue and it being the first week of the Chalice I forgot my responsibilities.

No it hasn't been mentioned anywhere. I've had to keep Jim pinned down under a crystal wall all week so he wouldn't blab.

Grythandril

Post by Grythandril » Sat Jul 16, 2016 6:39 pm

SpiteAndMalice wrote:
Grythandril wrote:

No it hasn't been mentioned anywhere. I've had to keep Jim pinned down under a crystal wall all week so he wouldn't blab.
but you told us to scry for any clues especially task 1 and there were none or was this a red herring?
A Chaotic Wizard in a Chaotic World