THE REVENGE OF THE MALICE CHALICE - TASK 5

For discussing tournaments and arranging matches
SpiteAndMalice
DEMIGOD

THE REVENGE OF THE MALICE CHALICE - TASK 5

Post by SpiteAndMalice » Sun Jul 17, 2016 4:04 pm

Task 5 – The Heinz 57.

Your objective for this task is pretty simple. For task 5 of The Malice Chalice I’d like you to win some games of Chaos.
This is a team based challenge. 1 point will be awarded for each match victory screen that your team posts into this thread which shows a victory using a unique game mode. There you go easy peasy.

Sorry, what was that? You want more information? You want more instructions?

Okay, so by unique game mode what I mean is that each victory screen posted should show that you won a game with or against a different number of players/teams. (They can be from any game mode btw, law/chaos classic/equipped live/asynch any number of turns and survivors win/victory points)

If you post a victory screen showing that members from your team have won a 2v1 match against the AI then posting a 2nd victory screen showing another 2v1 match against the AI wouldn’t get you a 2nd point. (A 2v1 victory in Classic Chaos mode played asynch using survivors draw, and a 2v1 victory in Equipped Law mode played live with victory points would still only be classed as one 2v1 victory).

When creating matches, members of your team should always be placed into Team A

When creating matches, opponents should be either the game AI. Or Malice Chalice Officials (Yeah I’m giving you the opportunity here to give the judges a bashing.)

You cannot place members of your team or any other players into Teams B to F.

After the match is won you should post a screenshot of your match results like this:
Victory.png
When posting your victory screens you MUST include wizard avatars on the left hand side of the match screen.

NB - Please show this screen rather than the screen from the asynch match queue.

In the event that you are short of team members for a match format that you wish to play you may request additional help from a team member who has been knocked out of The Malice Chalice during a prior round. (Example, you want to play a 5v1 match and you only have 4 team members left, in this instance you could ask a knocked out player to be that 5th player).

Team members who have been knocked out of previous rounds of The Malice Chalice may not act as members of Team A in the event that your team still has sufficient team members still in The Malice Chalice to fill all slots for Team A. (Example you want to play a 4v2 match, but you still have 4 team members left, you can’t ask that knocked out member to be your 4th player as you still have 4 player in your team).

Judges - For scoring in this task it's 1 point per unique victory screen submitted for each team (rather than each player).

The Guild of the Cephalopods is now recruiting - We embrace all.

- Chief Tentacle Arranger in The Guild of the Cephalopods.

Obsilium

Re: THE REVENGE OF THE MALICE CHALICE - TASK 5

Post by Obsilium » Sun Jul 17, 2016 4:38 pm

Some truly rotten rascals have been about my tower and they have stolen my armor (Obscendant) and staff (Obsiliumizer).

The first team to kill those thieves will gain 4 points for each piece of equipment returned. Until I have my equipment back, I cannot face you in any mode but Classic. However, I will be willing to compete in Equipped mode once this task of yours is complete.

Also, for every map that you win on before the opposing team does, you will get one point, as long as you tally them up correctly. I will leave it up to my acolytes to verify the calculations, but they have a funny way of doing things. Just the other day, I was planning out the 4Most Masters and they suggested to me that 121 was a suitable number of contestants. I'm not quite sure I caught their logic, since the only argument they provided was that 121 = 11 * 11. But I'm sure if you are careful, the acolytes will be satisfied.

EDIT: If you want to arrange games with me that satisfy the above constraints, send me a PM here or on Steam.
////// T S U R T //////
/// I ///////////// E ///
/// N //////////// W //
//// RECURRENCE //

Grythandril

Post by Grythandril » Sun Jul 17, 2016 4:56 pm

well I think that's me out because I am back at work this week and wont really have the time.

sorry guys
:(
A Chaotic Wizard in a Chaotic World

Incarnadine

Post by Incarnadine » Sun Jul 17, 2016 7:51 pm

Hi Spite can i check something, when you talk about game modes you seem to mean 1v1 1v2 etc but it doesnt seem to mater if a game is classic/equiped live/asynch or vp on /survivors draw is that right?

If one posted a 1v1 classic then equipped one of each was live the other asynch and one of each of those with vps the other survivorsdraw you would have posed 1 scorable game?

Thanks for the clear up sorry if im musunderstanding you.
PRETENAMA

SpiteAndMalice
DEMIGOD

Post by SpiteAndMalice » Sun Jul 17, 2016 8:12 pm

Incarnadine wrote:Hi Spite can i check something, when you talk about game modes you seem to mean 1v1 1v2 etc but it doesnt seem to mater if a game is classic/equiped live/asynch or vp on /survivors draw is that right?

If one posted a 1v1 classic then equipped one of each was live the other asynch and one of each of those with vps the other survivorsdraw you would have posed 1 scorable game?

Thanks for the clear up sorry if im musunderstanding you.
Yes, you've got it. The number of players in a match, and what teams those players are in is what counts. The other settings i.e. Classic or equipped don't matter.

Incarnadine

Post by Incarnadine » Sun Jul 17, 2016 8:43 pm

So just 2 more things.

A 1 v2 is different from a 1v1v1?

And as the ai or judges can be played against does a 1 v 1 against ai count as different from a 1v1 against a judge and if so would each judge count as a different storable game?

Thanks again.
PRETENAMA

SpiteAndMalice
DEMIGOD

Post by SpiteAndMalice » Sun Jul 17, 2016 9:49 pm

Incarnadine wrote:So just 2 more things.

A 1 v2 is different from a 1v1v1?
Yes, most definitely - That's a key thing that I'm hoping you'll explore whilst undertaking this task.

And as the ai or judges can be played against does a 1 v 1 against ai count as different from a 1v1 against a judge and if so would each judge count as a different storable game?

Thanks again.[/quote]

No, a 1v1 is still a 1v1 regardless of who your opponent is. I just thought I'd add that into the mix to make things a bit more interesting for you and/or in case the judges wanted to set bonus points around it.

blobka
DEMIGOD

Post by blobka » Mon Jul 18, 2016 4:36 am

Have a question as well, if such as, say, blobkaVsGary or AI and IncVsGary or AI would be posted, counts as 1 point or 2? i mean, if Mosty, Inc, mrT and i have submitted 4 screenshots 1v1(say, gary), how it counts as 1 or 4? Thanks.
In Gary We Trust

SpiteAndMalice
DEMIGOD

Post by SpiteAndMalice » Mon Jul 18, 2016 6:35 am

blobka wrote:Have a question as well, if such as, say, blobkaVsGary or AI and IncVsGary or AI would be posted, counts as 1 point or 2? i mean,
Blobka vs Gary = 1 point (Assuming you win)
AI and Inc vs Gary isn't a valid entry as you can only have your team as team A, you can't make use of the AI as a substitute.

Inc vs AI and AI would be valid (1 point)
Inc vs AI and Gary would also be valid (1 point)
Blobka and Inc vs AI would be valid (1 point)

blobka wrote:if Mosty, Inc, mrT and i have submitted 4 screenshots 1v1(say, gary), how it counts as 1 or 4? Thanks.
That's just 1 point as you've only played 1 format (1v1) So only submit one entry for 1v1, you won't get anything extra for submitting 4.

gary
DEMIGOD

Post by gary » Mon Jul 18, 2016 6:39 am

Dear Teams,

Lots of battles, lots of maps, lots of modes, lots of permutations and lots of death.

Team work is fun. Anything less than the Ai set to hard will be looked down upon, you all aint noobs after all, where as odds stacked against you will be looked up on.

Fight!

Gary
R Tape loading error, 0:1