THE REVENGE OF THE MALICE CHALICE - TASK 7

For discussing tournaments and arranging matches

• Before giving you this week's task there is an announcement:

THE BREAKING OF TEAMS - We are at the end of the team stage of the competition. From now on your performance in all tasks will be judged on an individual basis. Success or failure now falls on your head alone.

NOTE ALSO – There is a deadline change for this week’s task. You have until 04:00 GMT on Sunday.

Task 7 – Old School Arcade

It's a very simple task this week. You are each require to play a number of old school games where you try to gain the highest score total possible. At the end of the week the individual who submits evidence showing the lowest scores gained will be eliminated.

The judges rather than offering bonus points this week will be posting you additional games from Monday onwards. Keep an eye on this thread

All games have been chosen with short play times in mind. This means that either the game itself is short, or that you’re going to die a lot.

When you’ve played each game please remember to take a screen shot of your score. The highest score that you achieve should then be posted into this thread.

Multiple posts are allowed, but only your highest totals will be counted. In other words if you make a submission of evidence and then gain a higher total, you can make a new submission of that higher total, but it's one submission of evidence per person, not the sum of your submissions (I would ask you to add to the thread rather than editing old posts however.)

Points will be awarded:
      Top score 10 points
      Second 6 points
      Third 4 points
      Fourth 3 points
      Fifth 2 points
      Sixth 1 point
      Non Entry 0 points
    And that's the task. Good luck.

The deadline for this task is 04:00 GMT on Sunday.

The Guild of the Cephalopods is now recruiting - We embrace all.

- Chief Tentacle Arranger in The Guild of the Cephalopods.
    SpiteAndMalice
    DEMIGOD

• Your 1st game is here http://rickdangerousflash.free.fr/

Controls are shown on the start screen if you wait for 15 seconds.

At the end of the game please post your score on the hall of fame. If you miss it again just wait and it'll come round again.

SpiteAndMalice
    DEMIGOD

• ;)
    Attachments
    Screenshot (143).png
    apapappaaalalalalapumpumpum
    In Gary We Trust
    blobka
    DEMIGOD

• Do you mean this sunday at 04:00 if so then I cant because family are still here still this wednesday. :(
    A Chaotic Wizard in a Chaotic World
    Grythandril

• Grythandril wrote:Do you mean this sunday at 04:00 if so then I cant because family are still here still this wednesday. :(

The task deadline is Sunday 7 July.

(There's no judging this week, so I thought I'd you all another day).

SpiteAndMalice
    DEMIGOD

• Screen Shot 08-01-16 at 01.17 AM.PNG
    --------------------------------------------------
    Oh you ****king fool - you left us carrying your useless pain and now we're trapped here until we die. Remains, remains, the residue. Remains, remains, now is it you ???
    (The Legendary Pink Dots - Spike)
    Mr_Twister

• :mrgreen:
    Attachments
    Screenshot (144).png
    In Gary We Trust
    blobka
    DEMIGOD

• Whilst we wait for the judges to post their games for you to play (along with accompanying syllabic verse) I thought I'd add the second game for you.

http://www.playretrogames.com/3676-1942

Space to insert coins
    Enter to start (Don't press '1' or '2' or you'll glitch the game)
    Arrow keys for movement
    B to shoot
    C to loop (avoid being shot)

When you're done post your highest score.

SpiteAndMalice
    DEMIGOD

• Hi All

Lets go all old skool gaming.

I am going to take you back 33 years and to one of my first and still one of my favourtie games.

The game first appeared in 1983 and was designed for both the 16 and 48K machines. Thats right its under 16K! Not KB or MB or even GB. We are talking K's here. Remember this when you are playing and realise that there are games a gazillion time bigger and more fancy than this one but no where near as much fun and awesome as this.

Controls are

Left -1
    Right -0
    Accelerate - 9
    Fire - SPACE

There is a brake key but you wont be needing that as brakes are for the weak (8 btw) Your guns dont work unless you are at full speed either. And lets be honest, you are feeling the need, the need for speed.

I will be looking for two screenshots from you. One for your high score but also one for the day you reach, which I may be giving more importance to.

A few things to look out for, the trees do look brown until you hit them and you will swear you see skulls in the explosions. You will also get to a point where you eyes melt and you dont care about the enemy as surviving is more important.

So saddle up, head out in to the woods and be prepared to be scared poopless as you are about to embark on a white knuckle ride in to oblivion. Shoot yourself some bad guys and dont blink, it may be hazardous to your health.

I give you the mighty Deathchase http://torinak.com/qaop#!deathchase

Enjoy

Gary

ps. If it helps you are welcome to pretend to be Luke Skywalker chasing down some speeder bikes.
    R Tape loading error, 0:1
    gary
    DEMIGOD

• Old Skool eh?

Allow me introduce you to a rage inducing memory from the old Spectrum. Maziacs!

http://torinak.com/qaop#!maziacs

Take a moment to read the instructions - they are simple. To grab a sword, food or ask a prisoner directions move into them. You are guaranteed to win a fight if you have a sword as long as your health is high enough. You can remap your keys as you wish (such wow!).

No judging this week so no extra criteria from me. :)

Good luck!

Regards,

Jim
    The Battlemage!

gary is my master now...

Current Unicoin Total: 54.2

Twitter / Steam: SlipperyJim72
    SlipperyJim

Next

Return to Tournaments and Matchmaking

Information