Looking for participants on Mondays

For discussing tournaments and arranging matches
Sun Sep 11, 2016 8:42 pm

• Hello!

An idea came to me tonight and I'm looking for peeps who may be interested in joining in on a one off (which,if successful, will become a regular thing) match on Monday (for the stream).

The idea is, 3v3, where one team plays Law, and the other team plays Chaos. On each team, one has to be the Heroic player, one has to be the Vigilant player, one has to be an Arcane player. Think Role Playing, Gauntlet style (you can thank Mazy for that analogy).

Law
    ->Mazy
    ->Blobka
    -> Viking

Chaos
    ->MattyRasker
    -> Mr Twister
    ->AhMostyn

Neutral
    -> WhiteLion
    -> Malgardian
    ->

We could randomise the teams too, as well as roles.
    Last edited by MattyRasker on Thu Oct 13, 2016 7:58 am, edited 6 times in total.
    MattyRasker

• you can count me in
    In Gary We Trust
    blobka

• Sounds good Matty, I like the idea of it as a format. How about having a follow up match where neutral takes on the winner? Or maybe go with Mounts vs Attack or some such?

The Guild of the Cephalopods is now recruiting - We'd love to embrace you!

- Chief Tentacle Arranger in The Guild of the Cephalopods.
    SpiteAndMalice
    DEMIGOD

• Some ideas.. the 3v3 would be the two extreme factions pitted against each other (Law v Chaos) ..and 2v2v2 would be all three alignments in the ring...

3v3 - 'Alignment tug of war'

Law (Arc/Hero/Vig)
    versus
    Chaos (Arc/Hero/Vig)

2v2v2 -

Law v Chaos v Neutral (random bodygears)

Variants of the 3v3 could be..

Arc/Hero/Vig v Arc/Hero/Vig ...with random staff types.
    Or...
    Law v Chaos ...with random bodygear types - because there's nothing really stand-out on Law or Chaos to combine with Arcane, the choices would perhaps be limited. But it could still be interesting having an Arcane member of a Law or Chaos squad.. and that is hopefully the dynamic it would achieve - a kind of RPG style approach to team formats, more distinct roles within each team, almost like unit types within each team, bordering on squad based tactics.

In general, random staffs on pre-set bodygears and random bodygears on pre-set staff types might work best.

A variant of the 2v2v2 could be..

Arcane v Heroic v Vigilant ...with random staff types.

Need to try a classic mode 2v2 using the lazy rules to :)
    Mazy

• Or how about this: law team in arcane, chaos in heroic, neutral in vigilant. Just like it is on default, when you pick your first set from the start. Did you mean the same, Mazy?
    In Gary We Trust
    blobka

• I'm more in favour of three players each having a different role on each team. So each team will have their Heroic "I'll ride on in and save the day!" character, then there is the Arcane "I'll back you up with some Magic spells!", and the last but not least our Vigilant character who will protect his fellow companions.

However, an all Arcane team Vs an all Heroic team could have some interesting outcomes. Kinda like a Guilds thing huh? Wait, Guilds? Man why didn't Snapshot think of adding Guilds to the game, a...oh wait :lol:
    MattyRasker

Next

Return to Tournaments and Matchmaking

Information