The Goo-Power Championship Season 9 - Golden Dragon Division

For discussing tournaments and arranging matches

• The Goo-Power championship is a seasonal league up based on asynchronous play.

The Golden Dragon Division fixtures and table can be seen here http://challonge.com/goopower9_gdragon

The table is set to give a score of 3 per win (which in itself makes a win the desirable outcome over settling for a draw)
    and a score of 1 for a draw.

• As a default all fixtures are to be played via Asynchronous mode
    • The default number of turns is to be 20
    • Classic Chaos Mode
    • Survivors Draw
    • As a default match duration should be 10 days, (this is with the proviso that we'll allow people to select the option of longer duration if they know in advance that they will be absent from the game for vacations and such like.
    (If agreed between both participants you could play games live if both of you are on-line at the same time, Similarly you could set any turn times/turn numbers you like if agreed by both participants).

At the end of the season participants will be ranked firstly by Score and then to distinguish between participants that are otherwise level on point the sorting order is.

• Wins vs Tied Participants
    • Match Wins

At the end of the season:
    The wizard finishing top of the division will be crowned champion.
    The wizards finishing in 8th and 9th place will be relegated.
    The wizards finishing in 6th and 7th place will playoff against the wizards finishing 3rd and 4th in the Red Dragon division.

So you should now play a game against each of your opponents and then submit a result for each game.
    You could arrange games via the forum, via lawandchaos, via steam or via mail with this forum.

Please try to fulfil all your fixtures - I can give walkovers for any that don't complete, but I'd prefer not to have to. You'll hopefully be playing 10 asynchronous games in the month.

• If you could report your results here once they're done (with an optional mini report should you wish to give one)
    • I'll be looking for: Was the match a Win for either player, or was it a draw?
    • The deadline for completing fixtures is 13 October.

in the Golden Dragon Division we have:

SpiteAndMalice - Champion
    MrTwister - Runner Up
    DisgruntledElf - 4th
    Stubar - 6th
    Jay - 8th
    SlipperyJim - Promoted as Champion of Red Dragon Division
    Vurtan - Promoted as runner up of Red Dragon Divsion
    Mazy - Saved from Relegation
    Incarnadine - Saved from Relegation

(Please feedback to me and let me know if anything isn't clear)

Chief tentacle arranger in The Guild of the Cephalopods .
    SpiteAndMalice

• While we don't need match IDs anymore it might still be worth posting when games are arranged.

I've setup mine against:

MrTwister
    DisgruntledElf
    Stubar
    Jay
    SlipperyJim
    Vurtan
    Mazy
    Incarnadine

I used the bracket feature of challonge to put myself as player 1 whenever I was on the top of the bracket, and as player 2 whenever I was at the bottom.

SpiteAndMalice

• I've sent all my invites out to..

One invite is pending though, Vurtan's. Can I just confirm here that Vurtan's in-game name is Vurtan?, I'll send a request, once that comes through, sorted.
    Mazy

• I have created all my remaining games using the same system as Spite. If I was on top of the challonge bracket then I am player 1, if not player 2.

Except Jay - Jay could you add me as an in-game friend? There are 5 players called 'Jay'. If you set the game up you should be player 1.

Oh and vurtan on my list is vurtan with a small v. Imported from Steam. :)

Regards,

Jim
    The Battlemage and Community Manager!

Arenji is my patron God.

Current Unicoin Total: 54.2

Twitter / YouTube / Steam: SlipperyJim72
    SlipperyJim

• I joined the games from Sam, Jim and Mazy and sent invites to the others.

I anyone would like to change the default 10 days per player setting or would prefer to play live, please let me know.
    --------------------------------------------------
    Oh you ****king fool - you left us carrying your useless pain and now we're trapped here until we die. Remains, remains, the residue. Remains, remains, now is it you ???
    (The Legendary Pink Dots - Spike)
    Mr_Twister

• SlipperyJim wrote:Except Jay - Jay could you add me as an in-game friend? There are 5 players called 'Jay'. If you set the game up you should be player 1.

Jay is the Jackdaw Mask Jay.

SpiteAndMalice

• i have a friend on the chaos friends list, just plain Jay if its not our jay he will probably be wondering why i invited him to an asynch game for a tournament he isnt in. :lol: perhaps after we can go for afternoon tea :D
    PRETENAMA
    Incarnadine

• Nah, that's probably the right Jay.
    In friend's list he just appears as Jay, but in search friend list you see the full name. But no worries, I accidentally sent the "basic" Jay an invite last season, and that request is still pending so it's an inactive player for sure. Now if the game only had an option to remove a pending request. :roll:
    --------------------------------------------------
    Oh you ****king fool - you left us carrying your useless pain and now we're trapped here until we die. Remains, remains, the residue. Remains, remains, now is it you ???
    (The Legendary Pink Dots - Spike)
    Mr_Twister

• stubar wins vs Incarnadine

Inc didn't have any luck with casting except a pair of last ditch zombies that was too little, too late. Already webbed, one of a pair of spiders decided to dig into Incarnadine for lunch at turn #5.
    stubar

Next

Return to Tournaments and Matchmaking

Information