Live League Nights

For discussing tournaments and arranging matches
Fri Nov 04, 2016 10:24 am

• Lots of people are playing async league games. This is great but not many are playing live league games. In fact, realm play may have gone up but live league has almost died out. Most of the time when I log on there is no one to play live league with..

I also think that the new menu has not been kind to live league. When you had the choice to tick live league and live friendly side-by-side then more people would try out league games. Now that it is all separate many players don't click on league and just wait for duels or go to realms..

Anyway, I want to create a live league night. How about on Fridays at 7pm GMT? We can start tonight and see how it goes. Blobka and zerohurt and others have said they want to try it out.

Any suggestions or comments welcome.
    Yogicfire

Fri Nov 04, 2016 11:34 am

• This is a really good idea, it's the kind of thing where you'd potentially benefit if you could get an in game notification sent out.

Jim/Rafi - Could you help?

You could also post this message on the CR steam discussion forum, and give people a shout on Law and Chaos.

Maybe some of the streamers such as Matty could announce it too?

Lastly, it could be worth each of you that's interested putting a message into your forum signatures, that'll get you a bit more exposure too.

SPITE NIGHT 22! - Thursday 27 July at 20:00 GMT on the Chaos Reborn discord channel.

Chief tentacle arranger in The Guild of the Cephalopods.
    SpiteAndMalice
    DEMIGOD

Fri Nov 04, 2016 12:07 pm

• I don't have access to create in-game notices - sorry!

Regards,

Jim
    The Battlemage!

gary is my master now...

Current Unicoin Total: 54.2

Twitter / Steam: SlipperyJim72
    SlipperyJim

Fri Nov 04, 2016 12:16 pm

• I have posted on Steam discussion. It may take a week or two to build up support. Tonight can be a dry run.
    Yogicfire

Fri Nov 04, 2016 4:01 pm

• Got some issues, my day started from a talk with cops and study of some construction site papers, so I should go out about 9-10 GMT to meet my neighbor after basket for a talk. Sorry, before and after sure I will play! :)
    In Gary We Trust
    blobka

Fri Nov 04, 2016 5:33 pm

• Good idea Yogic, I think the introduction of too many modes and formats led to the level of player-base fragmentation that you describe.. there was already a choice between MP or SP (co-op), Equipped or Classic, Custom/Friendly or Ranked/League, Live or Async..

..these things were probably choice enough but then they were cut straight down the middle with a choice of mode, Chaos mode or Law mode.. and then cut in half again with a choice of Ranked/League or Duel mode..

..there are even more sub-sects between all those modes with things such as turn timer preferences, there's the option for 6 player games now to.. and often the forum tournaments and third party client tournaments offer a clearer/fairer scoring system than the in-game versions.

So it's quite hard to pool players into one particular thing and have them all agree on what a definitive format for the game is... That said, I'm always up for pretty much any kind of Chaos.

Custom 6ways are popular now (FFA, 3v3, 2v2v2 etc) ... Your suggestion is to focus solely on Live Ranked/League play yes? are we talking Live Classic Ranked 1v1 on these Fridays? or a mixture of 3way/4way Classic/Equipped (Ranked/Chaos mode)?

..I like the idea, I think it is important for Live to be the most active format. I probably can't make it tonight (which is another issue you might find, there's a lot of players that can't commit to blocks of live games at certain times).

I should be able to make it along on most occasions. I reckon you will get a good turn-out, the good thing about your chosen format is that there are no options to configure, the settings are default, no fuss, it's just click to enter the queue and play.. gl!
    Mazy

Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:46 pm

Sat Nov 05, 2016 12:08 am

• I put this on the official Twitter and Facebook an hour or so before the start.

I confess League is not my thing but let's go for this again next week!

Regards,

Jim
    The Battlemage!

gary is my master now...

Current Unicoin Total: 54.2

Twitter / Steam: SlipperyJim72
    SlipperyJim

Sat Nov 05, 2016 2:38 am

• I wanted to play live league games. Most people play Chaos and that is my preference, too. But, really we could play some Law and Classic or Equipped.
    Yogicfire

Sat Nov 05, 2016 10:55 am

• good idea, much like the spite nights it's always good to get a load of people talking in the lobby - what mode gets played doesn't really bother me it's just about making it more of a social occasion, spite nights it pretty much the only time I play live games.

How did it go last night, I'd have joined you but we were at a bonfire night, a regular spot tends to work well if you can stick to the same night each week or each month or whatever - saves you having to advertise it so much, you tend to get the same bunch of regulars each time with new people as the word spreads.
    worto03

Next

Return to Tournaments and Matchmaking

Information