Risk Chaos

For discussing tournaments and arranging matches
Sat Apr 15, 2017 11:40 am

• When I first began, worto zoned in on me like an eager pidgeon coming home to roost. I climbed to high ground, each step more grueling that the last, hauling three tons of spells like a pack mule, I had to climb so high I was in need of oxygen. Then from the stratosphere, looking out over the grey magic blasted fields, I could scarcely observe my distant opponents, but I was so high I could see the tips of the tangle vines behind which I some how knew my quarry lay hidden, awaiting. The weather was appalling. The rain was borne on a terrible west wind. Down below me appeared to be a shoal of silver sardines, swishing about in the gale. A thought occurred that I should have been at home in my slippers filling my pipe. But why was I there? Because this match played as pure chaos."

It was a win that was conceived in joy and performed at leisure'. Artistry, you see, not the stuff that we get today from Duels, which have hyped the game up as far as it can go.

The Guild of the Cephalopods is now recruiting - We embrace all.

- Chief Tentacle Arranger in The Guild of the Cephalopods.
    SpiteAndMalice
    DEMIGOD

Sat Apr 15, 2017 12:54 pm

• What a wonderful "true story"quickly crafted by a master-writer SAM himself :)
    My favorite part is: - "The weather was appalling. The rain was borne on a terrible west wind. Down below me appeared to be a shoal of silver sardines, swishing about in the gale."
    *applause*
    In Gary We Trust
    blobka
    DEMIGOD

Sat Apr 15, 2017 2:09 pm

• blobka wrote:What a wonderful "true story"quickly crafted by a master-writer SAM himself :)
    My favorite part is: - "The weather was appalling. The rain was borne on a terrible west wind. Down below me appeared to be a shoal of silver sardines, swishing about in the gale."
    *applause*

In fairness, I was bastardising a bit of Stuart Hall commentary ;-) But yeah, that line is amazing isn't it? (His, not mine).

The Guild of the Cephalopods is now recruiting - We embrace all.

- Chief Tentacle Arranger in The Guild of the Cephalopods.
    SpiteAndMalice
    DEMIGOD

Tue May 09, 2017 6:43 pm

• Hey folks, we're having a go at my "VTES ruleset" for Risk Chaos. In contrast to Spite's version, everyone knows who your target is.
    I'm posting the full rules here for reference :

VTES Risk Chaos :
    1- The player to your left (or clock-wise) on the map is your prey, you are that person's predator.
    2- When your prey dies, you gain 1 victory point (no matter who made the kill, even when due to time-out or surrender).
    3 -This person's former prey now becomes your new prey.
    3- If you are the last person alive, you gain 1 victory point.
    4- If the turn limit is reached, all surviving players gain 1 victory point.

The player with the most victory points wins the game. (surviving till the end is not required)
    The game can end in a tie if multiple players have the same number of victory points.
    (if we ever use this in a tournament, we'll need to add some tiebreakers)

You are allowed to kill a player that is not your prey for strategic reasons, just beware that this player's predator will gain 1 victory point if you do this.

Edit : updated original ruleset because starting positions didn't match turn order.
    Last edited by Mr_Twister on Tue May 09, 2017 11:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    --------------------------------------------------
    Oh you ****king fool - you left us carrying your useless pain and now we're trapped here until we die. Remains, remains, the residue. Remains, remains, now is it you ???
    (The Legendary Pink Dots - Spike)
    Mr_Twister

Tue May 09, 2017 6:50 pm

• So for the 1st game, initial targets are as follows :
    • MrTwister's target is Aka
    • Aka's target is blobka
    • blobka's target is worto03
    • worto03's target is ahMostyn
    • ahMostyn's target is SpiteAndMalice
    • SpiteAndMalice's target is MrTwister

Let's assume SpiteAndMalice is again playing very strong and gets the first kill (on me), then SaM gets 1 victory point and Aka will become his next target.

EDIT: also updated due to issue with starting positions vs turn order
    Oh you ****king fool - you left us carrying your useless pain and now we're trapped here until we die. Remains, remains, the residue. Remains, remains, now is it you ???
    Mr_Twister

Mon Jun 12, 2017 11:49 pm

• So current standings :
    ahMostyn : 3 points
    blobka : 1 point
    Aka : 0 points (eliminated)
    MrTwister : 0 points (eliminated)
    worto03 : 0 points (eliminated)
    SpiteAndMalice : 0 points (eliminated)

Current targets :
    • blobka's target is ahMostyn
    • ahMostyn's target is blobka

Remember : anyone who survives till the end gets an addtional victory point!
    Last edited by Mr_Twister on Tue Jun 20, 2017 7:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.
    Mr_Twister

Tue Jun 13, 2017 1:51 am

• oh, lol. i forgot about the rules. I thought Blobka won and we were just messing about and I still wanted to kill Blobka :)
    Aka

Mon Jun 19, 2017 11:23 pm

• Updated the post above.

Still an interesting end-game :

Starting to look good for Mosty, if he survives he wins the game with 3 victory points.
    However, if Mosty dies and Blobka survives, Blobka will win instead with 3 victory points.
    Even Aka can still win if Blobka dies and then Mosty (in that order), also with 3 victory points.
    If Mosty dies first and then Blobka, the game will end in a 3-way draw because they all will have 2 points.

And with Aka down, I just noticed I overlooked a scenario.
    If Mosty survives, he still wins. But if Blobka kills him now, then they will both have 3 points and tie.
    Mr_Twister

Tue Jun 20, 2017 11:05 pm

• So a draw it is. Well played Blobka and Mosty. ;)

ahMostyn & blobka : 3 points
    everyone else : 0 points
    Mr_Twister

Sat Jun 24, 2017 10:07 am

• Excellent game, moral victory for Blobka for being the last wizard standing.
    ahMostyn

PreviousNext

Return to Tournaments and Matchmaking

Information