Buy In Tournaments

For discussing tournaments and arranging matches
Thu Jun 01, 2017 5:10 am

• Hey guys,

I know I am not one of the regular players, so I don't read too much on these forums so forgive me if my suggestion has been posted before.

I absolutely love this game and I would be playing this game as much as gary :) if I wasn't a developer myself. So I understand if snapshot is done with the development with this game, they have done a superb job... but there always is that little voice that says wouldn't it be cool if this and that... I can write pages of ideas. None of it really matters without a community unfortunately after all it's the community that adds meaning to the game, I am in the top 10 of players of 10 players :) jk

But what I purpose I feel may add more meaning to the game. Since I believe Chaos is a lot like p0ker so why not embrace a little p0ker spirit and hold monthly tournaments you could enter by buying in.

So every month or couple of weeks there would be like a:

1K tournament
    5K tournament
    10K tournament
    ....and so on.

now the winner would walk away with percentage of the pot (and I would take a rake :O)

it would be cool to have a leaderboard or rankings and maybe a global rankings.

Also you can rank wizards by winnings, kinda like 5000K club or high rollers club.

I personally think it would be cool to spectate some of these matches even if they were just replays.

Another neat idea if it was popular enough is other players would vote on who they think would win which could determine the opening odds.

Some of you may not care of accolades or rankings but I guarantee a good portion of players do. I have written a cheesy web game myself and I know the regular players keep on coming back just to bump there players up the rankings just to say hey I'm the best... you'd think they would give up after 5 years though :)
    If your happy with a loss, then your always a winner.
    Deevo

Thu Jun 01, 2017 12:08 pm

• Hi Deevo

I quite like a lot of this idea, maybe I would be able to challenge another player to a bounty game where we each put in an agreed amount of gold then the winner takes all.

would give me something to do with the ridiculous amount of gold I've built up :-\

To be honest I can't see anything like this being implemented but doesn't hurt to discuss it and see where it goes.
    worto03

Fri Jun 02, 2017 4:57 pm

• Yeah, this takes on a whole different level when considering how guilds might play into this.
    Aka

Fri Jun 02, 2017 5:42 pm

• I'd just like to see the possibilty to see some custom leagues and cups as alternative to the one league that we have at present.

Entry methods could vary:

Some free (you only have gold if you play certain game modes and not everyone does), this also lets new players play.

Some buy in with gold.

But how about buys in with custom gear/forge crystals, guild kudos, and other mediums?

The Guild of the Cephalopods is now recruiting - We embrace all.

- Chief Tentacle Arranger in The Guild of the Cephalopods.
    SpiteAndMalice
    DEMIGOD

Sat Jun 03, 2017 7:28 am

• worto03 wrote:Hi Deevo

I quite like a lot of this idea, maybe I would be able to challenge another player to a bounty game where we each put in an agreed amount of gold then the winner takes all.

Hey worto03
    Yeah exactly match wagers would be cool when you send a challenge you could place a wager if your opponent matches it, winner takes all. Also if there was raising wagers in the middle of the match it would be crazy.

worto03 wrote:would give me something to do with the ridiculous amount of gold I've built up :-\

Thats actually why I thought of it. I recently got all the talismans and I thought there was really nothing I can do with my gold anymore, especially with forge crystals I don't even need to buy equipment.

Honestly probably mentioned many times before I think the game is in bad need of rankings. Winnings would would be a good way of doing it than just win loss ratios.
    If your happy with a loss, then your always a winner.
    Deevo

Return to Tournaments and Matchmaking

Information