Fixtures and tables can be seen here http://chaos-reborn.challonge.com/STS_SWC2017 - You'll need to click on the matches tab to see fixtures for your group.
The table is set to give a score of 3 per win (which in itself makes a win the desirable outcome over settling for a draw)
and a score of 1 for a draw.
- All fixtures are to be setup via Asynchronous mode - However you could (if you preferred) try to coordinate playing matches when opponents are online.
- The default number of turns is to be 20
- Games should be set up in Classic Chaos mode.
- Victory Points must be turned on (NB - VPs are not to be used to claim a victory - A game which goes to its turn limit is considered a draw, VP are only used to be used for sorting between places within the table.)
- As a default match duration should be 10 days, (this is with the proviso that we'll allow people to select the option of longer duration if they know in advance that they will be absent from the game for vacations and such like.
Play order for each game should be based on who appears at the top of each fixture, for example:
In game 1 Baldr would be player 1, and Bejebus would be player 2
In game 2 Bejebus would be player 1, and Clef would be player 2.
I'm hoping that everyone is getting 2 games in the player 1 slot, and 2 in the player 2 slot - It does look like Challonge is setting it up that way.
THE GROUP STAGE:
At the end of the group stage teams will be ranked firstly by Score and then to distinguish between teams that are otherwise level on point the sorting order is.
- Victory Points difference
- Victory Points scored
- Wins against tied opponents.
So you should now play a game against each of your opposing teams and then submit a result for each game.
You could arrange games via the forum, via lawandchaos, via steam, via discord or via PM.
NB - Before you can invite your opponents to games you will need to add them as friends in game.
Please try to fulfil all your fixtures - I can give walkovers for any that don't complete, but I'd prefer not to have to. You'll hopefully be playing 3/4 games in the groups, and then upto 3 more depending on how far you progress.
- If you could report your scores here once they're done (with an option mini report should you wish to give one)
- I'll be looking for:
--- Was the match a Win for either player, or was it a draw?
--- And how many VP did each player score? i.e. Player A 17 VPs Player B 7 VPs
- Not an absolute deadline, but it'd be good if everyone could aim to complete group stage fixtures is 30 September.
THE KNOCKOUT STAGES
For these matches the survivors draw rule should be used - We'll be looking for absolute victories in order to progress at this
There will be 8 players remaining at the start of the Knockout Stages.
Now, I'm sure whether Challonge will be able to handle seeding, but I do think it will let me move participants around, so I'm going to jiggle the draw here (if I can) so that we have games between.
1A vs 2B (Winner of Group 1 vs Runner up of Group 2)
1C vs 2D
1B vs 2A
1D vs 2C
But like I say, I'll see whether Challonge will let me.
We'll then play semi finals and finals as a direct cup competition. (And I've set up a 3rd place playoff for this one)