THE STS SINGLES WORLDS CUP 2017

For discussing tournaments and arranging matches
Mon Sep 11, 2017 8:01 pm

• The Singles Worlds Cup is a duel competition based on asynchronous play.

Fixtures and tables can be seen here http://chaos-reborn.challonge.com/STS_SWC2017 - You'll need to click on the matches tab to see fixtures for your group.

STS Fixtures.png
    STS Fixtures.png (12.52 KiB) Viewed 426 times

The table is set to give a score of 3 per win (which in itself makes a win the desirable outcome over settling for a draw)
    and a score of 1 for a draw.

• All fixtures are to be setup via Asynchronous mode - However you could (if you preferred) try to coordinate playing matches when opponents are online.
    • The default number of turns is to be 20
    • Games should be set up in Classic Chaos mode.
    • Victory Points must be turned on (NB - VPs are not to be used to claim a victory - A game which goes to its turn limit is considered a draw, VP are only used to be used for sorting between places within the table.)
    • As a default match duration should be 10 days, (this is with the proviso that we'll allow people to select the option of longer duration if they know in advance that they will be absent from the game for vacations and such like.

Play order for each game should be based on who appears at the top of each fixture, for example:

STS Player Order.png
    STS Player Order.png (13.89 KiB) Viewed 430 times

In game 1 Baldr would be player 1, and Bejebus would be player 2
    In game 2 Bejebus would be player 1, and Clef would be player 2.

I'm hoping that everyone is getting 2 games in the player 1 slot, and 2 in the player 2 slot - It does look like Challonge is setting it up that way.

THE GROUP STAGE:
    At the end of the group stage teams will be ranked firstly by Score and then to distinguish between teams that are otherwise level on point the sorting order is.

• Victory Points difference
    • Victory Points scored
    • Wins against tied opponents.

So you should now play a game against each of your opposing teams and then submit a result for each game.
    You could arrange games via the forum, via lawandchaos, via steam, via discord or via PM.

NB - Before you can invite your opponents to games you will need to add them as friends in game.

Please try to fulfil all your fixtures - I can give walkovers for any that don't complete, but I'd prefer not to have to. You'll hopefully be playing 3/4 games in the groups, and then upto 3 more depending on how far you progress.

• If you could report your scores here once they're done (with an option mini report should you wish to give one)
    • I'll be looking for:
      --- Was the match a Win for either player, or was it a draw?
      --- And how many VP did each player score? i.e. Player A 17 VPs Player B 7 VPs
    • Not an absolute deadline, but it'd be good if everyone could aim to complete group stage fixtures is 30 September.
    At the end of the group stage the players finishing 1st and 2nd in each group will proceed to the Knock out stages.

THE KNOCKOUT STAGES
    For these matches the survivors draw rule should be used - We'll be looking for absolute victories in order to progress at this
    point.

There will be 8 players remaining at the start of the Knockout Stages.

Now, I'm sure whether Challonge will be able to handle seeding, but I do think it will let me move participants around, so I'm going to jiggle the draw here (if I can) so that we have games between.
    1A vs 2B (Winner of Group 1 vs Runner up of Group 2)
    1C vs 2D
    1B vs 2A
    1D vs 2C

But like I say, I'll see whether Challonge will let me.

We'll then play semi finals and finals as a direct cup competition. (And I've set up a 3rd place playoff for this one)
    Last edited by SpiteAndMalice on Wed Sep 13, 2017 7:35 pm, edited 5 times in total.

The Guild of the Cephalopods is now recruiting - We embrace all.

- Chief Tentacle Arranger in The Guild of the Cephalopods.
    SpiteAndMalice
    DEMIGOD

Mon Sep 11, 2017 8:01 pm

Mon Sep 11, 2017 8:04 pm

• I hope that this all makes sense. Please give me a shout if there's anything that you're unsure about.

Please also contact me if:

- You're going AWOL
    - Someone appears to be going AWOL
    - Mazy is beating you up

SpiteAndMalice
    DEMIGOD

Mon Sep 11, 2017 8:08 pm

• Remember to turn on Victory Points...

SpiteAndMalice
    DEMIGOD

Tue Sep 12, 2017 9:51 am

• Several questions if it is possible.
    What maps need to be used - random? And whether it is possible (and whether it is necessary) to use the new generated maps?
    The first player in couple creates a game?
    All rounds can be played at the same time?
    Egeon

Tue Sep 12, 2017 11:20 am

• Hi Egeon,

Some answers below:

What maps need to be used - random? And whether it is possible (and whether it is necessary) to use the new generated maps?
    Will have to wait for Spite to confirm if we're allowed to use the generated ones, it just says random in the rules, I've set mine to random and the other games I can see people have created are also set to random.

Yes.

Yes.

You should be sending out two challenges and waiting for two invites, if the 4 players involved aren't in your friend list you may as well send them friend requests, it'll just save them doing it then having to wait for you to accept.

Oh and remember to turn on VPs :)

Hope that helps,
    worto.
    worto03

Tue Sep 12, 2017 11:51 am

• For some reason I can't create custom asynch games. However, Cel and Blobka should be able to create them, put themselves in slot 2, and invite me to slot 1. :$
    Can I ask for 20 days per player, please, I should play fairly fast, but I timed out in a couple of my games last time, I think because my opponents were online and moves right after me, but I didn't realize and didn't check until the next day.
    Or I'm happy with 2 days per turn.
    RafiRomero

Tue Sep 12, 2017 12:00 pm

• RafiRomero wrote:For some reason I can't create custom asynch games. However, Cel and Blobka should be able to create them, put themselves in slot 2, and invite me to slot 1. :$
    Can I ask for 20 days per player, please, I should play fairly fast, but I timed out in a couple of my games last time, I think because my opponents were online and moves right after me, but I didn't realize and didn't check until the next day.
    Or I'm happy with 2 days per turn.

I have games against Cel & blobka so I'll let them know that they need to do this for you once we've got going. Might want to ask someone to look into that though :lol:
    worto03

Tue Sep 12, 2017 1:08 pm

• worto03 wrote:Hi Egeon,

Some answers below:

Will have to wait for Spite to confirm if we're allowed to use the generated ones, it just says random in the rules, I've set mine to random and the other games I can see people have created are also set to random.

Yes.

Yes.

You should be sending out two challenges and waiting for two invites, if the 4 players involved aren't in your friend list you may as well send them friend requests, it'll just save them doing it then having to wait for you to accept.

Oh and remember to turn on VPs :)

Hope that helps,
    worto.

It is clear, thanks for the detailed answer, Worto!
    Egeon

Tue Sep 12, 2017 5:18 pm

• worto03 wrote:Hi Egeon,

Some answers below:

My intent was that you'd just set it as random for this one, however if both you and your opponent agree on a procedural map type then I'm happy for you to set that.

As an aside, does anyone know whether the random setting would include the procedural maps?

SpiteAndMalice
    DEMIGOD

Next

Return to Tournaments and Matchmaking

Information