Theory of mind

For discussing tournaments and arranging matches
Sun Dec 03, 2017 5:08 pm

• i'd like to try a 2 vs 2 vs 2 custom game with a twist: you do not choose which spell to cast, but your team-mate does.

for instance, when it is my turn, my team-mate looks at my cards and tells me in team chat which one to cast and by how much to boost it (if at all). same goes for activating megas. in practice, it would be easier if i declare what my team mate will cast during my turn, of which i get notified (while not knowing what the next few players will do).

no idea if it will work, but what are games if not for a bit of exploration.

please post here if you want to participate :)

[happy to go with any mode and will pick classic chaos if little consensus arises]
    No One is God, but Many Humanyti | Baldrnox Unighted | Order of Baldrlux
    celwulf

Sun Dec 03, 2017 7:55 pm

• May as well exchange gear loadouts with your partner before the game.

I suggest a twist. Battle is in a fierce Void Storm. Comms via telepathy or otherwise is spotty and the enemy eavesdrops. If two teammates are apart then the communication they send to their partner is said in the All chat channel. If two teammates are adjacent then their communications are private and kept in team channel. In this scenario to avoid telegraphing every move wizards will want to unite at the cost of mobility or claiming space. Players should agree not to discuss this custom game out-of-game once they start it unless their wizard is adjacent to a friendly wizard. Dead wizards tell no tales and do not communicate.

I suggest agreeing upon a protocol for communicating turn commands such as TURN 4 - action/action/action. Example: "TURN 4 - Move Wizard out of way/Move Goblin next to Paladin/Goblin attacks Paladin(if Paladin dies then cast Raise Dead on the Paladin)/ otherwise cast Subversion on the spider next to the lion." Not only is selecting spells important, but Order of Operations has to be imparted also which makes battle commands verbose and unwieldy as creatures are summoned. Miscommunication will happen. So, even though you know the battle command for your enemy's next turn you still cannot be certain that you are reading those commands just as the enemy recipient is. The recipient interpretation of the battle command is what matters not the intention of the battle command. :geek:
    GlassJaw, Agent of Hegemony
    Glass Jaw

Mon Dec 04, 2017 5:21 pm

• Sorry GlassJaw, but id like to try the original proposal. The point is that you get the spell to cast from your team-mate, but decide everything else yourself. And if your team-mate tells you to cast gooey blob you decide where to throw it and where to move your wizard etc.. Anyone interested in this experiment? You still interested GlassJaw?
    celwulf

Sat Dec 09, 2017 9:11 pm

• yep, i'm down, summon me via the lobby portal
    Aka

Sun Dec 10, 2017 8:12 pm

• cool! we have all six players now actually, will send invites in-game
    celwulf

Tue Dec 12, 2017 3:23 pm

• i'm still interested.
    GlassJaw, Agent of Hegemony
    Glass Jaw

Thu Dec 14, 2017 6:58 pm

• GlassJaw, please ready up in-game :) ta!
    celwulf

Return to Tournaments and Matchmaking

Information