Realm Design re: marauders

For Wizard Kings (and higher) to discuss the Realm Editor and the creation of realms.
Mon Mar 13, 2017 3:18 pm

• Any realm designers ever run into an issue where they can't trigger a marauder? I'm working on a realm where I've triggered 2 marauders no problem, but after a certain point within the progression of the realm i can't get the 3rd marauder to trigger. Have tried various encounters at diff positions but no marauders will come. Basically, i've got an encounter that triggers the marauder coupled with a loss of 20 days, which usually results in a reasonably immediate entrance, but not so in this case. I've got the same scenario setup at the beginning of the realm in terms of encounter/tower/citadel that works fine.

Thanks!
    -Aka
    Aka

Mon Mar 13, 2017 4:45 pm

• Definitely had this problem here and there...heh

What i imagine it could be is the marauder running off to whatever the highest priority thing is (sometimes it can be a pretty unintuitive place..heh) Otherwise, it could be that there aren't enough lord points (or the reinforcement points that marauders get, because i believe they cost some of these points)

But it could also be that the realm level doesn't support that many marauders? I think depending on the level of the realm you might be limited to 1,2,3 or however many marauders.
    anjovi

Mon Mar 13, 2017 5:05 pm

• hey Anjovi, thanks for the response. Been messing around with it more, endlessly annoying and obscured :) At this point, I'm struggling with the point of origin of a marauder's spawning. It is spawning behind the player (at the nearest citadel) when i need it to spawn ahead from the adjacent island's citadel. Any thoughts on what dictates the point of origin? Maybe just based on closest citadel?
    Aka

Mon Mar 13, 2017 9:50 pm

• Marauders are always spawned & will wait for an objective to be assigned to them at their spawn point. The number of marauders that can be spawned is: Number of Marauders = 1 + (Realm Level / 3)

Farious
    Realm Designer, King Backer, Demigod, Realm Moderator & Wiki Admin.
    Graduate of Chaos & Lords of Chaos.

#ChaosReborn stuff:
    Wiki | My Videos
    Farious

Tue Mar 14, 2017 1:03 am

• thanks, Farious, but what determines that spawn point?
    Aka

Tue Mar 14, 2017 2:18 pm

• larksleep wrote:thanks, Farious, but what determines that spawn point?

Iirc it is closest free to the player's current position. However, I will check that as I can't remember for certain. Feel free to PM me if you don't hear anything in a day or so.

Farious
    Realm Designer, King Backer, Demigod, Realm Moderator & Wiki Admin.
    Graduate of Chaos & Lords of Chaos.

#ChaosReborn stuff:
    Wiki | My Videos
    Farious

Return to Realm Design

Information