starting "naked"

For Wizard Kings (and higher) to discuss the Realm Editor and the creation of realms.
Thu Nov 09, 2017 5:27 am

• SpiteAndMalice wrote:
    anjovi wrote:-By end.....I'd scrap the 2nd wizard in the favor of just having 1 bad ass wizard king. Perhaps
    a lord partner could be given to him if he has time to reinforce to that. This could possibly go for other
    lords to.

I'd like to see some 1v3s or 1v4s as you get to the higher difficulties. I'd like to see an option where the player can bring in multiple allies, and to be faced my multiple invaders. I'd like to see Marauders which are not aligned to the Wizard King of the realm, leading to 3 way battles, and then some combinations of the two; a 1v1v2. I'd like to see some 6FFAs and beyond.

Then it'd start getting interesting to play realms.

Of course! I was just referring to the potential progression of stats and loot equipment in relation to the reinforced difficulty of AI's as you play.

I remember that thread were we talked about having tools to customize these for certain battles, and i still agree that they'd fit in perfectly. I'd go as far as saying, if snapshot didn't have enough time to revamp the realms game to be more of this dynamic rpg/roguelite kind of thing, what the next best thing to do would be to just give designers the means to really customize each battle encounter (1v1, 1v2, 1v1v1v1, 1v2, stacked taboos, objectives as in the custom game lobbies) At least in this case, we could ensure some variety in the gameplay of the realms.

Ideally, we could have both this 'start the realm naked and weak, rpg/roguelike thing' and the 'custom game options but in the realm design tools'..............and then the ability for realm designers to re-edit their realms so that they can add all of these new features to there realms (for those, like me, who'd like to shoe horn them into their existing realms) :D
    anjovi

Thu Nov 09, 2017 10:39 pm

• ok so which realms would be good to go and try "naked"?

i made some shit gear with low stats and mass petrification mega on a neutral staff

i think some level 6ish realm maybe with access to a town/ shop after the first 1 or 2 fights
    Stitchy

Thu Nov 09, 2017 10:49 pm

• I honestly don't think any really are. You could technically play any realm and it'd probably feel about the same.
    The problem, in my opinion, is that there isn't anything in the game mechanically to facilitate a dynamic progression.

It's generally just 1v1 matches with varying mercs and talismans, which are arguably just as easy to fight without talismans (with the exception of minor buffs that cost nothing to buff you)

The only really consequential thing that carries over battle to battle is the mercs as they're the only thing you generally carry ver from fight to fight that provide an obvious buff to you.
    anjovi

Previous

Return to Realm Design

Information