Questions about the realm editor

For Wizard Kings (and higher) to discuss the Realm Editor and the creation of realms.
Mon Sep 28, 2015 8:24 pm

• The first public iteration of the realm editor is very intuitive.

But how does one create rumours?

Why is there a minimum placement for things such as mountains and forests?

Can the realm we create in the preview be loaded back up in the proper v0.30 release (and the full release)?

Is it possible to apply specific gear on a created wizard lord instead of just a type?
    Viking34

Mon Sep 28, 2015 8:40 pm

• Viking34 wrote:The first public iteration of the realm editor is very intuitive.

But how does one create rumours?

Why is there a minimum placement for things such as mountains and forests?

Can the realm we create in the preview be loaded back up in the proper v0.30 release (and the full release)?

Is it possible to apply specific gear on a created wizard lord instead of just a type?

To create rumours, click on the rumour editor, then you create rumours by clicking on a town then clicking on a location.

The minimum placements are to guarantee some terrain variation.

We will indeed transfer the realms to the official 0.30 release.

It is not possible to apply specific gear to wizard lords.
    Julian Gollop
    Site Admin

Mon Sep 28, 2015 8:51 pm

• Julian Gollop wrote:To create rumours, click on the rumour editor, then you create rumours by clicking on a town then clicking on a location.

Thank you, but I cannot seem to get it to work. I've tried creating an encounter first then attempted to link a town to it, I've tried to link a town directly to a spot on the map, and I've tried both the above but with a wizard lord placed on the town.

At first there was a red line from the town when clicking the rumour editor and then a location. It turned white when on a citadel or other important map feature. Now the lines, both red and white, have stopped appearing entirely. Is there something I'm overlooking?
    Viking34

Mon Sep 28, 2015 9:55 pm

• All right, I managed to link the rumour to a pre-made encounter and also a custom one. :)

New question:

Is there a way to write the text that appears when you enter a realm? The "greeting from the alchemists", I believe it's called?
    Viking34

Return to Realm Design

Information