false rumors

For Wizard Kings (and higher) to discuss the Realm Editor and the creation of realms.
Mon Sep 28, 2015 10:58 pm

• SO< i was creating my realms and thought.

Wouldn't it be interesting if I could make the lying deceitful town in my realm (yes I am very much playing off the law/chaos balance) to points to the wrong side of the map for the palace, maybe even keep them on path..but wrong such as say the palace is where a citadel is and such. I think it would make things interesting instead of just paying golds to learn the locations of everything.

It also would force people to pay attention to the lore of towns a smidge, If this town seems like a bunch of crooks, perhaps best not to take too much credit in all the rumors.

In general just more control than linking things with the rumors would be an interesting addition. Thoughts?

(also I posted here instead of realm editor as it is a general gameplay change and not just editor related)
    Bob

Tue Sep 29, 2015 10:10 am

• You could create a custom encounter at a location with the custom rumour text 'The Kings Palace and all his mana fluxes are in this region'. On reaching the encounter it might say 'You searched the area but found no structures - you were cruelly deceived'.

BTW - you can create a simple encounter with no choices if you just want to show a message to the player at a locations.
    Julian Gollop
    Site Admin

Tue Sep 29, 2015 11:47 am

• Julian Gollop wrote:BTW - you can create a simple encounter with no choices if you just want to show a message to the player at a locations.

Ahhhhh! Handy.
    Tess
    GOD

Return to Realm Design

Information