v0.30 - Can Encounters be Combined with Wizards/Villages?

For Wizard Kings (and higher) to discuss the Realm Editor and the creation of realms.

• It'd be really great if encounters could be used to overlay villages and wizard lords, etc. It would allow a lot more flexibility in conniving alternative ways to defeat or win over a location through somewhat scripted events. E.g., a Realm Creator could allow for an encounter option of bribing a village for a loss of gold and reputation. Or if you interfere with a goblin village's manticore races, you might be dropped into a combat against the goblin village... and if you prevail, that's when you get a manticore.

Or is something like this possible now and I'm missing it?

Anyway, combat is the dramatic core of the game. It would be great if we could add some scripted or multiple-choice script preamble to combat.

One Theme to rule them all, One Theme to find them, One Theme to bring them all and in the Chaos bind them.
      NoWorries plays as Baldr, God of Wonder & Progress | Compete together with Baldr in the Order of Baldrlux
    NoWorries
    GOD

• NoWorries wrote:Anyway, combat is the dramatic core of the game. It would be great if we could add some scripted or multiple-choice script preamble to combat.

Yes. We can make encounters rich in story and lore, but the interactions with wizard lords are rather empty vessels at the moment. It would be nice to have pre and post-battle scripting options, with control over rewards (as per encounter system).
    Tess
    GOD

• The more I play Realms, the more I find myself wholly by-passing all Wizard Lord defenders except for those defending Mana Fluxes and Citadels (and sometimes Settlements), and even there I don't bother if I have sufficient Flux or I have breached the Palace. And I never attack Villages. Yes, Wizard Lords defending Plains, Mountains, and Ruins provide XP and gold. But they're basically a distraction from the path to the Wizard King.

I think we Realm Creators can perhaps make Wizard Lord defenders in all locations more attractive targets if they could be integrated with Encounter scripts and made potential options. In this way, Realm Creators can make more meaningful rewards for if someone (1) makes a good encounter choice, (2) is lucky in the script, and (3) defeats the Wizard Lord. Heck, when full NPC/PC coop manifests (if it does), there could be scripts where there is a chance that Wizard Lord defenders might become allies, or else bribed, etc.

One Theme to rule them all, One Theme to find them, One Theme to bring them all and in the Chaos bind them.
      NoWorries plays as Baldr, God of Wonder & Progress | Compete together with Baldr in the Order of Baldrlux
    NoWorries
    GOD

Return to Realm Design

Information