Please make realm design available in offline mode.

For Wizard Kings (and higher) to discuss the Realm Editor and the creation of realms.

• I travel most days, and it's often a time when I take the opportunity to read or write something.

I just tried to start working on an idea for realm which had been knocking around inside my head, but of course it's only available when you are online.

Does this need to be the case? Or could realms be created offline and then only uploaded when complete?

The Guild of the Cephalopods is now recruiting - We embrace all.

- Chief Tentacle Arranger in The Guild of the Cephalopods.
    SpiteAndMalice
    DEMIGOD

• You'll be happy to note that there is now an "Offline Realms" button that has appeared in the v0.30 testing login. It doesn't work, yet, but it portends a future with offline realms possible, just like the original design documents said they'd be. Yay! :)

Oh, there is also a Wizard Training button, which suggests a forthcoming tutorial.

One Theme to rule them all, One Theme to find them, One Theme to bring them all and in the Chaos bind them.
      NoWorries plays as Baldr, God of Wonder & Progress | Compete together with Baldr in the Order of Baldrlux
    NoWorries
    GOD

• I wonder what the difference will be for offline realms? Will this simply allow us to play realms without being invaded or having an ally to help? Will we still get xp/gold from playing offline?
    Tess
    GOD

• The more functionality for people who play offline, the better. I'm away for months at a time with no internet, thank goodness for offline CR against the AI otherwise I'd have to play the original or something. Being able to create and test your realms offline would be great news, travel is a good time to be creating realms.
    krayzkrok

• Since this thread started, the v0.30 testing version has updated to have an Offline Realms button (which doesn't work, yet). And the Realm Editor seems to allow for local saves and uploads of Realm files. Though right now we have to go online to access the Realm Editor.

One Theme to rule them all, One Theme to find them, One Theme to bring them all and in the Chaos bind them.
      NoWorries plays as Baldr, God of Wonder & Progress | Compete together with Baldr in the Order of Baldrlux
    NoWorries
    GOD

Return to Realm Design

Information