Viking's Realm

For Wizard Kings (and higher) to discuss the Realm Editor and the creation of realms.
Sat Oct 03, 2015 6:17 pm

• I have to say this is the toughest realm I've played so far - simply because the wizard king battle was so darned difficult!

I don't know if it's possible to choose your wizard king gear or if it just takes whatever your current gear is (or whatever it was when you created the realm). Anyway, Viking's gear is such that he has movement three at the start, plus multiple wind walker spells. In one of the matches he ended up with movement 6!! Yes, SIX (four successful wind walker spells cast). He only died because he performed a last turn kamikaze against my paladin for no good reason whatsoever.

Overall it took me six attempts to win because of this OP combo of massive movement speed plus a really irritating palace map where the edge of the map was 2 tiers higher than the rest, so the enemy wizards can easily hop away to safety. Eventually on my sixth attempt I got impatient and charged him with all the goblins and rats from the nearby village before he could cast wings or enough creatures to stop me.

Nice challenge though. I hadn't considered creating a set of gear that would be super-potent if all the totems are auto-activated! Undead, leech, multi-attack...
    Tess
    GOD

Sat Oct 03, 2015 7:52 pm

• I'm glad it wasn't just a cakewalk then!

Yes, I kept the talismans at the front of my mind when submitting it - though I think I would have preferred to have a sorcery slot with +1 range to all spells as well as the +1 movement. One of those super-potent major buff talismans would be great too (the ones that cost like 50 mana to activate but double certain stats).

The map was just a lucky draw, though I can see how people would want to remove and replace their palace multiple times to get a map where their king has the advantage.

Interestingly enough, when testing the realm I also lost to myself (can I say won to myself?) multiple times before he decided to forfeit the match by jumping off his manticore to hit me.

You can be sure my final set of forgemaster gear will be filled with sockets to benefit a king. :twisted:
    Viking34

Sat Oct 03, 2015 8:03 pm

• Oh yeah, I'm not quite finished with the mountains of Vaugh yet, I still have pages of text to somehow incorporate into the realm without just forcing players into encounters via bottlenecks. This is just a preview so I could familiarize myself with the editor, besides I couldn't edit it if I tried (still suffering from realm blackout bug).
    Viking34

Return to Realm Design

Information