So I had access to the realm tools....(spoiler:i'm no lord)

For Wizard Kings (and higher) to discuss the Realm Editor and the creation of realms.

  • Not sure if it was a bug or some plan to get more lord backers (i got to admit it's tempting)

    but i played around with it for a bit and everything looks pretty ace! Looks like it just needs the server and the little quirks regarding how you can't leave unfinished encounters alone.

    It looks pretty though! Makes me want to make my own little domain....This will be my goal for my when my wizards all growned up :D
    anjovi
     
    Posts: 1450
    Joined: Thu Apr 10, 2014 5:34 am


  • sort of what i had going...had fun trying to place the buildings in a aesthetically as well as relevant way. How the palace in the mountains overlooked the towns in the distant islands...the ruins tucked in behind the mountains...Sort of laid everything down before the towers so i could make a relative path to be taken, distributing little events throughout the forests mountains that would require some rumors as well as mental note taking (for more secret stuff) though i didn't really play around with any of that stuff.

    Note: no idea whats with that isolated tower...also was going to put a town in by the giant village/palace island as well as place a wizard on the island to the west. (sort of a fight this dude or spend some days traversing around him in the mountains?

    Should allow people kings to collaborate with others to build realms..I wouldn't mind putting some work in for someone :D this is fun!

    Another suggestion would be to give the creator a good indicator of the village ranges or being able to tweak said things so they can place them more effectively.

    Also a guide pertaining to what makes an effective realm for to help creators balance their realms would be cool.
    Attachments
    2015-10-02_00001.jpg
    anjovi
     
    Posts: 1450
    Joined: Thu Apr 10, 2014 5:34 am


  • anjovi wrote:
    Another suggestion would be to give the creator a good indicator of the village ranges or being able to tweak said things so they can place them more effectively.


    This is a very good idea!
    Image

    The Guild of the Cephalopods is now recruiting - We embrace all.

    - Chief Tentacle Arranger in The Guild of the Cephalopods.
    User avatar
    SpiteAndMalice
    DEMIGOD
     
    Posts: 6159
    Joined: Sun Apr 06, 2014 10:45 pm
    Location: UK


  • anjovi wrote:Not sure if it was a bug or some plan to get more lord backers (i got to admit it's tempting)


    Also this - I think letting all players see and make use of the realm designer during Early Access (or even just in the Betas) would be a good way to gather more feedback on it/get more ideas. And it will also in all likelihood lead to some players upgrading to Wizard King.
    Image

    The Guild of the Cephalopods is now recruiting - We embrace all.

    - Chief Tentacle Arranger in The Guild of the Cephalopods.
    User avatar
    SpiteAndMalice
    DEMIGOD
     
    Posts: 6159
    Joined: Sun Apr 06, 2014 10:45 pm
    Location: UK


  • It could be integrated as an alternative beta testing branch.....example:

    .30 release: regular release
    .30 Realm beta: regular release but allows player to tinker with the tools (no exporting realms/equipment though)

    assuming you could have these 2 separate branches compatible for PVP/Realm Rankings/etc. it could be a tidy way to allow testing of it without taking anything from those who've backed at king level.
    anjovi
     
    Posts: 1450
    Joined: Thu Apr 10, 2014 5:34 am


  • anjovi wrote:assuming you could have these 2 separate branches compatible for PVP/Realm Rankings/etc. it could be a tidy way to allow testing of it without taking anything from those who've backed at king level.

    One kink is that that there is word that the beta Realms will be ported to the v0.30 release version. This encourages people to invest significant time creating Realms in the testing branch for more than purely altruistic reasons.
    ___________________________

      One Theme to rule them all, One Theme to find them, One Theme to bring them all and in the Chaos bind them.
      NoWorries plays as Baldr, God of Wonder & Progress | Compete together with Baldr in the Order of Baldrlux
    User avatar
    NoWorries
    GOD
     
    Posts: 5022
    Joined: Fri Apr 18, 2014 4:17 am
    Location: Baldrlux.com


  • NoWorries wrote:
    anjovi wrote:assuming you could have these 2 separate branches compatible for PVP/Realm Rankings/etc. it could be a tidy way to allow testing of it without taking anything from those who've backed at king level.

    One kink is that that there is word that the beta Realms will be ported to the v0.30 release version. This encourages people to invest significant time creating Realms in the testing branch for more than purely altruistic reasons.


    I can see that, though if it didn't impede any of my other activity in the game (i.e having my beta version with the added realm editor tool tester incompatible with the regular .3 players) I wouldn't mind tinkering around and providing some feedback. Though if that's only me is a fair thing to keep in mind :lol:
    anjovi
     
    Posts: 1450
    Joined: Thu Apr 10, 2014 5:34 am



Return to Realm Design




Information
  • Who is online
  • Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest