Realm Feedback: Arenji's Curse

For Wizard Kings (and higher) to discuss the Realm Editor and the creation of realms.
Tess
GOD

Re: Realm Feedback: Arenji's Curse

Post by Tess » Mon Nov 09, 2015 2:35 pm

Asdreus - thanks so much - your account made the effort all worthwhile :D Love the thought of Carandorf holding the breach in the final battle!

SlipperyJim

Post by SlipperyJim » Mon Nov 09, 2015 6:13 pm

I love the Realm Tess but Arenji is being very harsh.

As a follower can't she just let me leave with the Pontacto talisman I so badly want? ;)

Regards,

Jim
The Battlemage!

gary is my master now...

Current Unicoin Total: 54.2

Twitter / Steam: SlipperyJim72

Decagon

Post by Decagon » Sat Dec 12, 2015 2:27 pm

I respect the story, but with so many wizards, the fact that most of them are undead is just frustrating, not really a "fun change" as usual.

Also, is the time schedule supposed to be that tight? Or are you supposed not to battle every wizard. I think I fought all of them but two, haven't died single time, and still didn't make it in time. Would probably need ~30 more days to go to the second citadel, cast the breaching spell, and then go to the palace.

Other than these two things, I enjoyed that realm, even though I didn't play the first one (it was already suspended, or how do they call it when it has 2000 players).

Tess
GOD

Post by Tess » Sat Dec 12, 2015 4:05 pm

Thanks for the feedback. I'm kinda surprised people are finding it time-pressured. It's fairly linear so it's not like you can really get lost. The expected route is that you go quickly to the mana flux, guard it with villagers while you proceed to the citadel up north. By the time you get there you should have enough fluxmana to breach the palace (which you can discover earlier if you follow the clues). I think I have 60 days left roughly once I get to the palace (which is an easy battle given the dragons and spiders nearby).

SpiteAndMalice
DEMIGOD

Post by SpiteAndMalice » Sun Dec 13, 2015 11:46 am

Decagon wrote:I respect the story, but with so many wizards, the fact that most of them are undead is just frustrating, not really a "fun change" as usual.
One thing to point out is that realm designers don't currently pick the talismans which are used by Wizard Lord. It's done randomly as that Wizard Lord is created. Therefore when you face a number of them in a realm, it's not necessarily down to the realm designer. They simply have been lucky/unlucky in the talisman draws that were made for their Wizard Lords.

You can as a realm designer delete a Wizard Lord and then recreate them. (Another reason why it should be possible to pull a realm back into design mode following release). But after 6 hours+ spent designing a map, I know that I'm not overly inclined to go and battle every Wizard Lord that I made in order to see what gear they were assigned.

The Guild of the Cephalopods is now recruiting - We embrace all.

- Chief Tentacle Arranger in The Guild of the Cephalopods.