No XP

For Wizard Kings (and higher) to discuss the Realm Editor and the creation of realms.
Sat Nov 14, 2015 3:47 am

• Why can't I give out XP in an Encounter? Some of the premade ones do.
    I had a cool idea for an Encounter (thinking I could give out XP based on the premade encounters) and was disappointed to find out that's not an option. Now the whole premise for my Encounter is dumb. I was treating it like a side-quest and if you happened to find it, you could gain a little extra XP and Gold if the RNG favored you with the penalty a bit much if it didn't to balance out the reward and make you even think twice about following through.

I'm assuming because of "balance" but that's what moderators are for, is it not?

Chaos is the law of nature, breeding life; Order is the dream of man, breeding habit.”
    Chaos is rejecting all you have learned; Chaos is being yourself.”
    "Fear accompanies the possibility of death. Calm shepherds its certainty. "
    SeryfEl

Sat Nov 14, 2015 3:54 am

• SeryfEl wrote:I'm assuming because of "balance" but that's what moderators are for, is it not?

You'd be asking ALOT of community moderators to arbiter appropriate XP awards for every single encounter in every realm.

One Theme to rule them all, One Theme to find them, One Theme to bring them all and in the Chaos bind them.
      NoWorries plays as Baldr, God of Wonder & Progress | Compete together with Baldr in the Order of Baldrlux
    NoWorries
    GOD

Sat Nov 14, 2015 4:11 am

• NoWorries wrote:
    SeryfEl wrote:I'm assuming because of "balance" but that's what moderators are for, is it not?

You'd be asking ALOT of community moderators to arbiter appropriate XP awards for every single encounter in every realm.

I suppose. I was just really psyched for my idea...lol.

Chaos is the law of nature, breeding life; Order is the dream of man, breeding habit.”
    Chaos is rejecting all you have learned; Chaos is being yourself.”
    "Fear accompanies the possibility of death. Calm shepherds its certainty. "
    SeryfEl

Tue Nov 24, 2015 11:49 pm

• I really think you should be able to give out small amounts of xp in encounters, even if just for thematic purposes.

Referring to an encounter I made, if you take the time to examine how the goblins build their houses instead of immediately trying to recruit or destroy them, for instance, you should be able to learn something and gain a tiny amount of xp.

Viking34 cast Raise Thread, and succeeded
    Viking34

Return to Realm Design

Information