Benefits of creating a realm?

For Wizard Kings (and higher) to discuss the Realm Editor and the creation of realms.
Sun Nov 15, 2015 1:10 am

• So, is the sole benefit of creating a realm to get bragging rights of people liking it? Or does it actually net the designer anything? I could have sworn I read somewhere that the Wizard King could benefit from the realm in some way, but I may be totally wrong on that?

Chaos is the law of nature, breeding life; Order is the dream of man, breeding habit.”
    Chaos is rejecting all you have learned; Chaos is being yourself.”
    "Fear accompanies the possibility of death. Calm shepherds its certainty. "
    SeryfEl

Sun Nov 15, 2015 1:18 am

• If you make realms which lots of people play through, you could get tens of thousands of XP a month. See my rant here: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=3290.

One Theme to rule them all, One Theme to find them, One Theme to bring them all and in the Chaos bind them.
      NoWorries plays as Baldr, God of Wonder & Progress | Compete together with Baldr in the Order of Baldrlux
    NoWorries
    GOD

Sun Nov 15, 2015 1:37 am

• NoWorries wrote:If you make realms which lots of people play through, you could get tens of thousands of XP a month. See my rant here: http://www.forum.chaos-reborn.com/viewt ... f=6&t=3290.

OK, sure. I think I agree with Tess on how it should be handled, though. Obviously changes need to be made to limit XP, but to wipe it out all together is not fair to the time spent making realms and not benefiting at all. But I digress; that's for that thread and I'm not going to respond there since Tess is thinking how I do on that matter.

What I am concerned about is one thing Tess said: " When I raised it they admitted the lack of Xp was a bug."

So, there is a bug where realms are not giving XP right now?

Chaos is the law of nature, breeding life; Order is the dream of man, breeding habit.”
    SeryfEl

Sun Nov 15, 2015 2:48 am

• Once the social rank features are fully implemented, churning out well-received realms can get you promoted to Demigod status, which involves guild management. As of now, it serves only content population.
    But the problem is, indeed, it zlots at Vlurxtrznbnaxl.
    TΛPETRVE

Sun Nov 15, 2015 7:40 am

• SeryfEl wrote:So, there is a bug where realms are not giving XP right now?

No, this was fixed in the 1.1 patch (apparently). So yes, you will be rewarded with XP if you create a Realm, and there's a chance that you'll receive the adoration of your peers (75% casting chance).
    krayzkrok

Sun Nov 15, 2015 12:15 pm

• krayzkrok wrote:
    SeryfEl wrote:So, there is a bug where realms are not giving XP right now?

No, this was fixed in the 1.1 patch (apparently).

Can confirm it was fixed.
    Tess
    GOD

Mon Nov 16, 2015 12:24 am

• Tess wrote:
    krayzkrok wrote:
    SeryfEl wrote:So, there is a bug where realms are not giving XP right now?

No, this was fixed in the 1.1 patch (apparently).

Can confirm it was fixed.

I had 498XP on my current level and 5 people had played my Realm. Now it's at 7 players and I still haven't gotten any XP. Same after I released it and came back and 4 people had played it (at least I'm pretty sure nothing had changed with my XP after the first four players. I wasn't 100% paying attention at the time, but I did feel like I remembered the number and it didn't seem different and is what made me think I may not have gotten XP and made me start this thread).

Is it only if they lose that I get XP? Only after they finish it completely? Maybe the new two players have put it on "pause" and will come back later?

SeryfEl

Mon Nov 16, 2015 1:01 am

• Your AI-controlled wizard earns XP as if you were playing it yourself. If you're not earning XP, then this likely means no one is playing against your wizard.

One Theme to rule them all, One Theme to find them, One Theme to bring them all and in the Chaos bind them.
      NoWorries plays as Baldr, God of Wonder & Progress | Compete together with Baldr in the Order of Baldrlux
    NoWorries
    GOD

Mon Nov 16, 2015 9:27 am

• SeryfEl wrote:Is it only if they lose that I get XP? Only after they finish it completely? Maybe the new two players have put it on "pause" and will come back later?

Firstly, there's a difference between the number who start your realm and the number who actually end up fighting the wizard king in the palace battle at the end.

For example, 1699 people have started my first realm 'The Quest Begins', but several hundred fewer have finished it and gained a score. I can see the higher number when I look at my realm list and it says 1699 adventurers have entered my realm. Once that reaches 2000, the realm goes away. The lower number is shown when I look at the realm scores and I see Questers (should this be Questors?) = 1069. I'm assuming this is the number that have beaten the palace battle and defeated the realm. So that's 600 people who entered my realm but didn't complete it.

So I presume I get xp from the 1069 but not from the other 630. In practice of course I didn't start getting xp except for the final 100 or so of those adventurers because of the bug previously mentioned.

So I suggest you take a look at the realm score list and see how many people have actually posted a score. It may only be 2 or 3 if your realm is very new, so you might not have noticed the small amount of xp you'd get for that.

Obviously, if your realm is very hard to complete because of time constraints, a large number of people will never reach the final battle and you'll never get xp from them.

Hope this helps.
    Tess
    GOD

Mon Nov 16, 2015 12:50 pm

• a realm designer gets XP from the palace fight even though they are not playing it live as it were???

Really?

That seems very unfair on those that earn their XP the normal way.

Not that XP actually means anything other than a number in your icon but still, feels unfair to me.

Sure a few will say they should get something from spending time making a realm, which of course is only fair but I thought that making a realm and getting it scored etc all contributed to a player moving up the social ranks which is a reward in itself.
    R Tape loading error, 0:1
    gary
    DEMIGOD

Next

Return to Realm Design

Information