New Realm moderator system coming with next update

For Wizard Kings (and higher) to discuss the Realm Editor and the creation of realms.

• NoWorries wrote:In the scheme of social RPG ascension mechanics, the gods are the players who (a) prove themselves among the top players at making enjoyable Realms and (b) prove themselves among the top players at creating successful guilds. And that's just to ascend to godhood. You are unlikely to get trolls who ascend to the social rank of god.

You only need to get one troll.

Not so long since you posted this in a thread you raised about potential for exploitation of the realm voting system.

NoWorries wrote:That all depends on how the god game works. As I understand it, guilds who follow the same god can be (and likely will be) rivals, still. Heck, Demigods and their Gods will not necessarily have the same ambitions, for the ascension of Demigods is not necessarily something existing Gods will want. So if I were a Demigod focused on becoming a God and realm rankings might influence my ascension to godhood, then I would exhort all my guild members to down-vote every realm they enter.

If there's potential for exploitation in realm voting, then there definitely potential for exploitation if you allow anyone who ascends to godhood to have the automatic right of being able to moderate.

The Guild of the Cephalopods is now recruiting - We embrace all.

- Chief Tentacle Arranger in The Guild of the Cephalopods.
    SpiteAndMalice
    DEMIGOD

• I haven't been very active lately, and have only made one realm (one is in progress).

Nevertheless, I volunteer.
    Viking34

• SpiteAndMalice wrote:What I don't trust is some future unknown god who comes along, rises to godhood on the basis of popularity amongst peers (which has been sited as a potential flaw of the social ascension system before) who can then reject content that I've invested a lot of time into creating as a realm designer.

And I include myself in that, would you trust me to moderate if I became a god at some point? Because I wouldn't, certainly not just because I've become a god.

+1. As a Wizard King backer I kind of feel it should be restricted to those you have actually helped get the game financially going, except in exceptional circumstances, because those people have an interest in getting quality Realms in to better the game experience.
    Farious

• On the basis of the last couple of realms I've played, I've changed my mind, I volunteer.

I have two realms uploaded and if they are the kind of thing Snapshot are looking for then I will happily try and implement the design guidelines fairly. If not, just chuck my application on the junk pile, no hard feelings, as all I'm interested in is good realms and the others in this thread are amazing designers and I'd be happy to have a realm rejected by any of them.
    Farious

• A very good idea indeed with realm moderation, some really sub par quality out there atm.
    D00m

• I agree there are some bad realms out there. I don't see moderating going very well with every aspect of the moderators guide being subjective opinion. Not enough guidance on making a mechanically functional game for the players. There needs to be more static numbers. If gold should scale with difficulty, difficulty scales with realm level, then how much gold should be attainable in each realm level? An average distance to re-spawn for town/tower wizards, wizard lords and kings. Number of total wizards, wizard lords and average time days for completion related to realm levels. Some examples of map design/navigation difficulty scaling from 1-12.

One moderator may except graphic descriptions of violence, fart jokes, or map design choices that another wouldn't. What a 10 year old boy finds entertaining is much different then what a 40 year old woman would. This system seems like your'll have to find a moderator that agrees with your opinions because that's all they have to work with. If you find one that doesn't agree, you could resubmit and hope for a different moderator. Will probably just be discouraged from creating realms(for better or worse).
    Psylum

• Psylum wrote:I agree there are some bad realms out there. I don't see moderating going very well with every aspect of the moderators guide being subjective opinion. Not enough guidance on making a mechanically functional game for the players. There needs to be more static numbers. If gold should scale with difficulty, difficulty scales with realm level, then how much gold should be attainable in each realm level? An average distance to re-spawn for town/tower wizards, wizard lords and kings. Number of total wizards, wizard lords and average time days for completion related to realm levels. Some examples of map design/navigation difficulty scaling from 1-12.

One moderator may except graphic descriptions of violence, fart jokes, or map design choices that another wouldn't. What a 10 year old boy finds entertaining is much different then what a 40 year old woman would. This system seems like your'll have to find a moderator that agrees with your opinions because that's all they have to work with. If you find one that doesn't agree, you could resubmit and hope for a different moderator. Will probably just be discouraged from creating realms(for better or worse).

I'd guess that once Snapshot have chosen the mods they'd all get together and work that out, possibly doing some realms as a team before going off to moderate individually?
    Farious

Previous

Return to Realm Design

Information