Can this be changed back Please

For Wizard Kings (and higher) to discuss the Realm Editor and the creation of realms.
gary
DEMIGOD

Can this be changed back Please

Post by gary » Mon Nov 23, 2015 7:07 pm

Before in realms you used to have to kill all the lords to earn the right to have a pop at the king.

Then this breach spell came in to effect so that you didnt have to kill them all and as long as you had enough meta mana to cast the spell you could go try and dethorne the king anytime you want.

However, as it stands now, even if you have killed all the lords, you still need to cast the breach spell to be able to have a go at the king.

Now to me this feels a tad unfair and silly. If you have battled all the lords and won you deserve the right to fight the king like you did before and not have to worry about the breach spell.

The breach thing was brought in for those that didnt want to fight their way though all the lords and add a little layer to the realms but it still hinders those that want to kill every thing in sight.

So can it be that if you defeat all the lords that you dont have to breach the palace like before please :)
R Tape loading error, 0:1

SlipperyJim

Re: Can this be changed back Please

Post by SlipperyJim » Mon Nov 23, 2015 7:10 pm

That does make thematic sense - the Lords are no longer able to maintain the palace shield etc...

Perhaps the breach spell remains in place but also if you kill all the Lords it also goes down?

Regards,

Jim
The Battlemage!

gary is my master now...

Current Unicoin Total: 54.2

Twitter / Steam: SlipperyJim72

Farious

Post by Farious » Mon Nov 23, 2015 10:28 pm

SlipperyJim wrote:That does make thematic sense - the Lords are no longer able to maintain the palace shield etc...

Perhaps the breach spell remains in place but also if you kill all the Lords it also goes down?

Regards,

Jim
I'm going to have to disagree as the Wizard King and a Wizard Lord are still in the Palace and, to me anyway, it wouldn't make too much sense for the Wizard King's Palace's protection spell to be brought down by defeating everyone outside the palace but not those in it. So for me, the Breach Spell works better and if you do kill all the other Lords surely you'll have built up enough mana to cast it with no problems anyway?

SpiteAndMalice
DEMIGOD

Post by SpiteAndMalice » Mon Nov 23, 2015 10:32 pm

Farious wrote:
SlipperyJim wrote:That does make thematic sense - the Lords are no longer able to maintain the palace shield etc...

Regards,

Jim
I'm going to have to disagree as the Wizard King and a Wizard Lord are still in the Palace and, to me anyway, it wouldn't make too much sense for the Wizard King's Palace's protection spell to be brought down by defeating everyone outside the palace but not those in it. So for me, the Breach Spell works better and if you do kill all the other Lords surely you'll have built up enough mana to cast it with no problems anyway?
You still have to find the citadel though.

I think that having a variety of routes to success is more interesting that just one. Could this be something that the realm designer sets one way or another when creating a realm?

The Guild of the Cephalopods is now recruiting - We embrace all.

- Chief Tentacle Arranger in The Guild of the Cephalopods.

NoWorries
GOD

Post by NoWorries » Mon Nov 23, 2015 10:35 pm

Marauders complicate the calculus.

Also, if you defeat all assigned wizards in a Realm, then it's really hard not to have enough mana to breach the palace.

Farious

Post by Farious » Tue Nov 24, 2015 8:19 am

SpiteAndMalice wrote:You still have to find the citadel though.

I think that having a variety of routes to success is more interesting that just one. Could this be something that the realm designer sets one way or another when creating a realm?
If you're still looking for a Citadel at this point I think the realm designer probably deserves to be blobbed :) However, I can see how having an alternate route to victory could be appealing. Perhaps you could breach the palace by finding x number of artefacts protected by a special super Wizard Lord or something? But I'm still not keen on defeating all normal Wizard Lords breaches the palace.

anjovi

Post by anjovi » Tue Nov 24, 2015 8:50 am

I would argue that managing the time regarding killing the varying wizards and the days you have left to move to and from citadel/manaflux/palace is sort of the fundamental mechanics that you'd have to consider but this can vary so much from each realm that having this as an option could be reasonable.

I suppose the alternative would be having a realm were all of the wizard battles were placed on choke points and you place the manaflux/citadel in such a way that you'd be able to charge up mana and then set off the spell at the end....just make it so it's not some straight line or something so that it falls under the realm guidelines.