Adjustable realm expiry limits.

For Wizard Kings (and higher) to discuss the Realm Editor and the creation of realms.
Tue Dec 01, 2015 8:59 pm

• I'm thinking it could be a good thing if the realm designers had a bit of flexiblity to decide how many times they'd like to see a realm be played through before it expires.

A well established and streamlined realm might suit 2000 play throughs nicely, but a newly created realm with a new realm designer making it might be better served if that designer we able to choose a lower limit of say 100 play throughs in order to get some initial feedback from players.

The Guild of the Cephalopods is now recruiting - We embrace all.

- Chief Tentacle Arranger in The Guild of the Cephalopods.
    SpiteAndMalice
    DEMIGOD

Wed Dec 02, 2015 5:08 pm

• I do like this idea! especially since the idea for resubmitting a realm is becoming a thing. Even if it passes moderation it doesn't ensure that it's going to be the best thing ever and being able to adjust a realm after you get some folks to try it would be cool.

I'm kind of overlooking things like a written review system and messaging to actually get input but i'd leave that up to your discretion.
    anjovi

Wed Dec 02, 2015 10:05 pm

• SpiteAndMalice wrote:I'm thinking it could be a good thing if the realm designers had a bit of flexiblity to decide how many times they'd like to see a realm be played through before it expires.

A well established and streamlined realm might suit 2000 play throughs nicely, but a newly created realm with a new realm designer making it might be better served if that designer we able to choose a lower limit of say 100 play throughs in order to get some initial feedback from players.

+1, I'd also like the option for it never to expire and there never to be a winner declared, imho that would be useful for those creators who want to tell a story, especially over multiple Realms.
    Farious

Return to Realm Design

Information