New Realm Design Guidelines and Features

For Wizard Kings (and higher) to discuss the Realm Editor and the creation of realms.
Julian Gollop
Site Admin

New Realm Design Guidelines and Features

Post by Julian Gollop » Wed Dec 23, 2015 11:25 am

I have updated the realm design guide lines. You no longer have to be consistent with game lore, and you can have silly jokes. Bring back Trivonia!

There are quite a few new features for the encounters system, which are not documented yet. Hopefully most of it is self-explanatory. There are a few things to bear in mind:
- Encounter conditions apply to the visibility of each choice
- Encounter activation - each encounter outcome effect that 'activates' another encounter will reduce that encounters activation counter by 1. If the activation counter reaches zero, the encounter is activated.
- Encounters can be placed on locations with wizard lords, and can be set to activate before battle or after battle.
- You should not put an encounter on the wizard king to activate after battle, because it doesn't work yet. Encounters before battle do work.
- If you change encounter tags, wizard names or companion names you need to update any encounters referring to them manually
- Taboos are completely manually controlled - you can choose the taboo type and how many days before it is activated

SlipperyJim

Re: New Realm Design Guidelines and Features

Post by SlipperyJim » Wed Dec 23, 2015 11:27 am

Can't wait to get home and check this out!

Regards,

Jim
The Battlemage!

gary is my master now...

Current Unicoin Total: 54.2

Twitter / Steam: SlipperyJim72

Farious

Post by Farious » Wed Dec 23, 2015 9:50 pm

SlipperyJim wrote:Can't wait to get home and check this out!
:lol:
Regards,

Jim
They are pretty cool but I'm afraid it does mean I can now produce my epic multi-realm story #PityTheQuesters :lol:

Tess
GOD

Post by Tess » Wed Dec 23, 2015 10:36 pm

Such a shame I'm now away from my computer until New Year so it'll be ages until I can work on the Return of Carandorf!