So....who's playing with the new tools?

For Wizard Kings (and higher) to discuss the Realm Editor and the creation of realms.
Farious

Re: So....who's playing with the new tools?

Post by Farious » Sun Feb 07, 2016 10:51 am

If Realms were linked imho a better way to do it would be to have a global flag for your Realms that is stored with the players data on the server. That said, for simplicity sake I think if Realms were ever linked (& it would be cool if they were) it should be done by the player being rewarded an artefact (like we've been discussing).

anjovi

Post by anjovi » Sun Feb 07, 2016 6:26 pm

I wasn't referring to the linking of realms, I'll just clarify in case. The whole 'realm hub' thing is just a variant on encounters that has a broader functionality. A persistent center were you can place multiple encounters on one tile without causing any conflicts.

You can then link varying encounters that a player can explore from there.

*Just thought of the idea to chain "Outcomes" to this menu so say you can click an option and simply get a screen with a reward/penalty as opposed to having to design 2 pages (encounter+outcome)

----

But anyways, I do agree that would be a nice feature! being able to check for a artifact in the player's inventory for the 'linked' 'sequel' etc realm

Farious

Post by Farious » Mon Feb 08, 2016 9:10 am

anjovi wrote:Just thought of the idea to chain "Outcomes" to this menu so say you can click an option and simply get a screen with a reward/penalty as opposed to having to design 2 pages (encounter+outcome)
Ok, I get it. Sorry brain was in Coventry. I'd still say for me 2 pages or a combo selection box that simply has a list of outcome 1-6 would be preferable. But that's just my opinion and others of course may differ.

anjovi

Post by anjovi » Mon Feb 08, 2016 6:07 pm

I just realized that my idea doesn't quite account for multiple page scenarios. This due to the fact that it'd loop back to the main hub screen were you'd click effectively open another encounter (options could unlock as you open encounters due to the "unlock encounter" outcome feature)

Though in my mind it was going for what you were describing. Ultimately just a variant of encounters that:

-that was persistent (though could be deactivated via encounter result)
-Had more then 3 options

It would be handy to have hub centers but it wouldn't be a deal breaker for me otherwise.

Otherwise...here's some propositions for some tweaked realm encounter tools. (way easier to do this then put it into words lol!)

Encounter tool main page (with added choices # + Pages
1.png
Sub page for added choices
2.png
Outcome Tool menu with integrated page function as well as a more versatile "check" functionality (in the form of being able to mix and match more of a particular check type (wizard/flag/companion)
3.png
Otherwise you could just add a few more outcome rewards/penalties like:
-Go to Page:

Only one i can think of for now...
Last edited by anjovi on Mon Feb 08, 2016 6:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

anjovi

Post by anjovi » Mon Feb 08, 2016 6:13 pm

Heres an example of what an alternate page would look like (just to make sure my intent here is clear)
4.png
Basically just have the tab at the top highlighted in some way to indicate which page you are on...could easily be something else though.

Farious

Post by Farious » Wed Feb 10, 2016 9:27 am

I like the page idea but imho the extra Encounter outcomes should just increase in number, eg:
Page 1, Outcomes 1-3
Page 2, Outcomes 4-6
Page 3, Outcomes 7-9... etc.

Will be interesting to see how Snapshot now takes Realms forward. I'm guessing it'll evolving as the requirements for the offline content does.