Crash in Anjovi's new realm

For Wizard Kings (and higher) to discuss the Realm Editor and the creation of realms.
Kahangriel
GOD

Crash in Anjovi's new realm

Post by Kahangriel » Thu Jan 14, 2016 10:02 am

A little after battling the first wizard there is an encounter where you can recruit an elf named Gaston. Then if you have Gaston and go southeast you can recruit an eagle named Brit. Right after that there is another battle, and if Brit dies (which can happen quite easily, since the AI likes casting magical attacks on eagles in the first turn) the game crashes after you win. If Brit survives you get a message involving Brit and the game continues without a hitch, but I think Anjovi may have forgotten to allow for the possibility of Brit dying during that fight. You get xp and kudos, but afterwards you cannot move, pass days or do anything at all. Even exiting to menu and returning to the realm doesn't help. The only thing you can do if Brit dies and you win the fight is abandoning the realm.
Who's that riding across the plain?
Who's lost count of the foes he's slain?
Who's the man who's plumb insane?
Kahangriel! Kahangriel! Kahangriel!

RafiRomero

Re: Crash in Anjovi's new realm

Post by RafiRomero » Thu Jan 14, 2016 10:17 am

Until this is fixed, if it is an option, you can bind "Raise Dead" (and possibly chaos shift) and raise Brit *near the end of the battle*.
Brit won't count as having died then. I always have "raise dead" bound in realms to keep Carandorf alive:) <3
Putting Brit in a low-level corner (so it can't swoop, and can't cover very many tiles) will minimize the threat posed by brit, and make the AI less likely to magic attack brit (especially if you cast a more threatening eagle).
Of course, I guess you could avoid recruiting Brit (unless that causes the same problem) or avoid the problematic encounter.

Kahangriel
GOD

Post by Kahangriel » Thu Jan 14, 2016 10:32 am

RafiRomero wrote:Putting Brit in a low-level corner (so it can't swoop, and can't cover very many tiles) will minimize the threat posed by brit, and make the AI less likely to magic attack brit
I actually did that once and the AI still took it down with a magical attack. Then in my last game I managed to cast a pegasus and kept it adjacent to Gaston and Brit the entire match.

RafiRomero wrote:(especially if you cast a more threatening eagle).
I don't know... there was one realm where I had one normal paladin adjacent to the enemy wizard and one named paladin two hexes away. The AI then disengaged from the normal one to go kill the named one. Of course it was probably a coincidence, but at that time I was quite convinced that the AI had it in for named creatures.

RafiRomero wrote:Of course, I guess you could avoid recruiting Brit (unless that causes the same problem) or avoid the problematic encounter.
Yeah, but it should be relatively simple to fix the problem altogether by creating a scenario where Brit dies in the fight. ;)

Farious

Post by Farious » Thu Jan 14, 2016 11:11 am

Kahangriel wrote:I think Anjovi may have forgotten to allow for the possibility of Brit dying during that fight.
It shouldn't work that way. If inParty = False and there are no other outcomes defined you should just get the normal Encounter box with just the 'ok' button at the bottom iirc. If anyone can post a screenshot it would be a great help, meanwhile I will have a look at this and have then have the Realm pulled.

Farious

Post by Farious » Thu Jan 14, 2016 11:44 am

If it's the Wizard battle to the south in the ruins that causes the crash you should just get a standard Encounter if Birt dies (see screenshot). However, I also lost Gaston this tme:

I have requested the Realm be returned to the moderation queue anyway until I can understand what has gone wrong. Thanks for reporting it.
Attachments
2016-01-14_00001.jpg

Kahangriel
GOD

Post by Kahangriel » Thu Jan 14, 2016 2:26 pm

Farious wrote:If it's the Wizard battle to the south in the ruins that causes the crash you should just get a standard Encounter if Birt dies (see screenshot). However, I also lost Gaston this tme
Yes, it's that battle. I think I got that screenshot you posted and then some xp and kudos, but afterwards I couldn't do anything at all, which to be precise meant I couldn't move or pass days. If I exited to the menu and returned I would get the xp + kudos screen again, and once again be unable to move after that.

Farious

Post by Farious » Thu Jan 14, 2016 4:36 pm

Kahangriel wrote:
Farious wrote:If it's the Wizard battle to the south in the ruins that causes the crash you should just get a standard Encounter if Birt dies (see screenshot). However, I also lost Gaston this tme
Yes, it's that battle. I think I got that screenshot you posted and then some xp and kudos, but afterwards I couldn't do anything at all, which to be precise meant I couldn't move or pass days. If I exited to the menu and returned I would get the xp + kudos screen again, and once again be unable to move after that.
It have posted a bug report here >> viewtopic.php?f=7&t=3735

anjovi

Post by anjovi » Thu Jan 14, 2016 8:33 pm

oh no! :o

i just tested it myself and i'm getting the same thing. Your supposed to get an outcome based on the eagle's death (if Gaston survives) that sets a flag for another encounter down the line.

I have a feeling that this might have something to do with the 'if character in party'. I think that although the encounter is set off after the encounter it might be triggering that parameter before the battle (because you show up with the eagle and gaston) so even though the eagle does die you have this conflict of the creature being in the party and hitting the tile while being dead after the battle.

When i initially tested it everything checked out though. I was 100% auto resolving all of the battles though so perhaps it might not be registering in the programming when i do an actual battle then when i just auto resolve it (in the editor testing tools)

though what happens to me specifically:
1)i end the battle without the eagle but with gaston
2)The encounter resolves not registering parameters are met for 1 of the outcomes and you get the ok
3)You aren't able to move your wizard on the realm map
4)When i go to exit to the main menu and come back it repeats 2) and 3)

seeing farious' thread it seems that it is specifically to do with creature deaths not registering properly when triggering on tiles with wizard lords (using after battle) For now creators could avoid this by making sure creature checks are on different tiles then wizards or before wizard battles but i hope it gets fixed :D

This means that alot of the realm is probably going to be really bugged out at this point in which case it should be taken off.

Farious

Post by Farious » Thu Jan 14, 2016 9:44 pm

anjovi wrote:seeing farious' thread it seems that it is specifically to do with creature deaths not registering properly when triggering on tiles with wizard lords (using after battle)
That is correct. When your Realm was moderated the condition was tested with Birt both alive & dead, but not with Birt dying in the battle on the same tile as the Wizard Lord so the bug was missed.
anjovi wrote:For now creators could avoid this by making sure creature checks are on different tiles then wizards or before wizard battles but i hope it gets fixed :D This means that alot of the realm is probably going to be really bugged out at this point in which case it should be taken off.
Hopefully Snapshot will find time to fix it in January's update. As you can tell I tested it using Candle & the Mask: 3 so I can't really release it until the problem is sorted. I think Candle & the Mask: 2 probably also suffers from it :-/ I'll have to check & probably request that it is pulled also if it seriously falls down at some point.

Dreykrafft

Post by Dreykrafft » Fri Jan 15, 2016 5:48 pm

I had a REALLY annoying problem, after finishing "King Ahnaahn"-Realm.
When I left the realm I didnt get any money and the realm seems to be deleted from the realm list?
Is that intended? If so I must have had a really bad timing. :/