When are Wizard Lords set?

For Wizard Kings (and higher) to discuss the Realm Editor and the creation of realms.
SpiteAndMalice
DEMIGOD

When are Wizard Lords set?

Post by SpiteAndMalice » Thu Feb 11, 2016 9:01 am

At what point is the loadout of any Wizard Lords that I place into my realms set?

Is it at the point of the design process when I add them to the realm?

Or is it at the point where I release the realm?

I'm hoping its the former, otherwise it means that after having added Lords to a realm and written custom encounters which relate to those Lords that you then run the risk of them appearing differently to how they are described.

Example; I add Wizard Lords Tom, Dick and Harry to my realm as Air Staff wielding mountain wizards, but by the time the realm is released Wizard Lord Tom has switched to a Growth staff and rolls up to battle wielding that for the next 2000 play throughs.

The Guild of the Cephalopods is now recruiting - We embrace all.

- Chief Tentacle Arranger in The Guild of the Cephalopods.

NoWorries
GOD

Re: When are Wizard Lords set?

Post by NoWorries » Thu Feb 11, 2016 9:09 am

What about our Wizard Ladies?

Mazy

Post by Mazy » Thu Feb 11, 2016 9:40 am

I think I have the answer to this one. Whichever configs a lord has at the moment they are placed in a testing realm, that config becomes set.

For example, the configs that my AI lord has in the realms that you currently have in 'Testing' are set (they show up on my 'lord duty' list as realms in which my AI lord features in).

Basically if I was to change my lord config now it wouldn't alter the configs I'm using in testing realms or released realms, which is cool because it means that some of my AI lord load-outs are using forged gear that I made when it was unlimited forge in beta (when lords also had access to realm editor), so there are some unique forge items out there that cannot be purchased.
NoWorries wrote:What about our Wizard Ladies?
:lol: ...that reminds me actually, if anyone needs me to be an AI wizard lady in their realm..just ask, I'll make the necessary adjustments, I think I have a few fetching Arcane gowns lying around somewhere.

AllenStroud

Post by AllenStroud » Thu Feb 11, 2016 9:52 am

Can 'lord' not become a gender neutral term? 'Actor' is becoming gender neutral.

Stephen Donaldson's fantasy work uses lord as a gender neutral term.

Prudent Viper

Post by Prudent Viper » Thu Feb 11, 2016 11:26 am

AllenStroud wrote:
Can 'lord' not become a gender neutral term? 'Actor' is becoming gender neutral.

This.
Not to mention, that a Lady can be a very different to a Lord.

SpiteAndMalice
DEMIGOD

Post by SpiteAndMalice » Thu Feb 11, 2016 12:03 pm

Prudent Viper wrote:
AllenStroud wrote:

This.
Not to mention, that a Lady can be a very different to a Lord.
Gender terms are important topic to discuss, but please can we discuss that topic in the thread that was set up for it.

www.forum.chaos-reborn.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=3857

The Guild of the Cephalopods is now recruiting - We embrace all.

- Chief Tentacle Arranger in The Guild of the Cephalopods.

NoWorries
GOD

Post by NoWorries » Thu Feb 11, 2016 3:11 pm

AllenStroud wrote:

Good point. Though for categorical descriptions, "Wizard Nobles" and "Wizard Royals" are better, especially as "King" is distinctly not gender neutral.

NoWorries
GOD

Post by NoWorries » Thu Feb 11, 2016 3:12 pm

SpiteAndMalice wrote:Gender terms are important topic to discuss, but please can we discuss that topic in the thread that was set up for it.
You can also edit the subject line to refer to "Wizard Nobles"? :mrgreen: