So who's got some realms in the works?

For Wizard Kings (and higher) to discuss the Realm Editor and the creation of realms.

• To get an idea: Think of how things were before the moderator/guideline implementation. Though now you've got QA for stuff like spelling, grammar, exploits (gold farms) and weeding out bugs with encounters (flags/activations).

If you are making a more simplistic realm, i'd expect the moderation process to be relatively painless. If your getting more ambitious with things like encounter flags/activations and the like, your going to want to be more meticulous (making sure it works right, wording objectives so that they're understandable).
    anjovi

• I took a look.

It seems like there aren't many people building much of anything! :|
    Interrupted

• Interrupted wrote:I took a look.

It seems like there aren't many people building much of anything! :|

You can only see Realms that are equal to or below your wizard level. Two are currently in moderation & I have made 9 myself.
    Realm Designer, King Backer, Demigod, Realm Moderator & Wiki Admin.
    Graduate of Chaos & Lords of Chaos.

#ChaosReborn stuff:
    Wiki | My Videos
    Farious

• So I've got the basics of a new one worked out. It's going to focus mostly on villager recruiting/razing/battling. Trying to make a strategy focused realm. (wizard lords have lots of reinforcements) I think most of it's worked out to the point that I just need to hunker down and write all of the encounters...xD also has some high stakes battles (once you commit to certain battles, you cannot lose or retreat or you lose the realm)

It could be interesting....or a big mess!
    anjovi

• Yea, I decided to add about 20 more encounters, and having a bit of writers block about it all, but i have two in the works whenever i get some free time to hash out an absurd amount of desert encounters
    Bob

• Just submitted it! I'm beat! lol!

It'll probably take a wee bit to moderate it, flags and balancing it. I think I managed to rig the difficulty to a few variables so i can adjust the difficulty as needed.

1)Days lost. Still using these to ensure AI gets reinforced, though not as obnoxious as the coop realms. some of it's hidden in the time you have to spend activating objectives (which i've hopefully provided enough factors to mitigate it just being a Point A to B affair....villages/rumors of places were to scout lords for their reinforcements/etc.) I should be able to just nudge up/down lost days for these specific encounters.

2)banish spell subtraction. Your ideally going to be pressed for time but each objective in the realm gives you some days back (in the form of reducing banishing spell) This will allow you to make decisions like "should i progress this quest..get them days..or maybe i can spend a bit more time running to villages a/b, upgrading them...maybe go to the mana flux...etc.) Simply if the encounters are too generous i can tweak the rewards down.

---

Ultimately I want village encounters to be a big part of the realm, it's just a matter of tweaking it so you don't get this boat load of time were you can just sit an max out all of the villages. I want each day to be fairly precious so your more inclined to make your attack before maximizing reinforcement counts..as well as making each villager lost in battle something significant (days wasted waiting for others to come) I'm thinking of trying to release multiple versions of the realm with different difficulties...
    anjovi

• I am curious about these realms and how to make one, i am not a wizard king yet however. if any of u are making a realm it would be cool if u could add me. The wizards name is Eldrad
    Eldrad

• I just finished my 2nd realm. Still so much to learn. This time I worked on a low level realm with lot's of branching. I probably start working on a series realm soon, if I can fit it in my schedule.

Farious I'm w8ing for your rejection :P
    WhiteLion

• WhiteLion wrote:I just finished my 2nd realm. Still so much to learn. This time I worked on a low level realm with lot's of branching. I probably start working on a series realm soon, if I can fit it in my schedule.

Farious I'm w8ing for your rejection :P

XD. I'm not totally evil, well, may be just a little XD. I'll put it into Review Testing tonight.
    Realm Designer, King Backer, Demigod, Realm Moderator & Wiki Admin.
    Graduate of Chaos & Lords of Chaos.

#ChaosReborn stuff:
    Wiki | My Videos
    Farious

• Eldrad wrote:I am curious about these realms and how to make one, i am not a wizard king yet however. if any of u are making a realm it would be cool if u could add me. The wizards name is Eldrad

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hq8MWQ4 ... G7Apv1DLyt
    ^^^Farious has some realm-design videos here.
    RafiRomero

PreviousNext

Return to Realm Design

Information