Realm Feature Wish List [Updated: 24 April 2017]

For Wizard Kings (and higher) to discuss the Realm Editor and the creation of realms.

• Unstickied at Farious' request.

Regards,

Jim
    The Battlemage!

gary is my master now...

Current Unicoin Total: 54.2

Twitter / Steam: SlipperyJim72
    SlipperyJim

Tue Sep 13, 2016 6:46 pm

• Restickied with Farious' agreement. :D

Regards,

Jim
    The Battlemage!

gary is my master now...

Current Unicoin Total: 54.2

Twitter / Steam: SlipperyJim72
    SlipperyJim

• Encounter feature request: have an outcome that boosts reinforcement points. I have realms that require the lords get reinforcements to provide pacing for the gane (through encounters) currently i have to rely on 'lose days' + 'Reverse banishing spell' to get the desired effect. It'd be nice if i could just use 1 of the variables and just set it to 'Boost reinforcement points'
    anjovi

• anjovi wrote:Encounter feature request: have an outcome that boosts reinforcement points. I have realms that require the lords get reinforcements to provide pacing for the gane (through encounters) currently i have to rely on 'lose days' + 'Reverse banishing spell' to get the desired effect. It'd be nice if i could just use 1 of the variables and just set it to 'Boost reinforcement points'

Would go well with being able to set the global reinforcement rate - great idea. Done!
    Realm Designer, King Backer, Demigod, Realm Moderator & Wiki Admin.
    Graduate of Chaos & Lords of Chaos.

#ChaosReborn stuff:
    Wiki | My Videos
    Farious

• Was thinking of an idea to make marauders more effective.

Currently the marauder takes reinforcements from were ever he spawns, whether that be citadel or palace. This can tend to make battles easier then they would otherwise be. Splitting a lord w/5 reinforcements into 2 lords with 1-3 reinforcements each.

An idea to counter this could be to make:

1)The marauder spawn with his own creatures, ignoring the creatures from were he spawns.
    2)Having the lord spawn with more reinforcements each time one is spawned, this would add to the pacing of the game..the farther you get in, the more stuff they throw at you.
    3)The cost of the lord can stay the same with each incriment of more powerful lord, that's what the player pays for spending more time

You could simply scale the level from 1-12 like:
    1- 1st lord starts with 10 pts (each level adds 10)
    2- 1st lord starts with 15 pts (each level adds 10)
    3- 1st lord starts with 20 pts ..

Number doesn't have to scale that high inbetween levels, it's more of just a background effect to coincide with other stuff (like AI level, talismans, etc.)
    anjovi

• anjovi wrote:Was thinking of an idea to make marauders more effective.

I have requested that designers have greater control over Marauders.

On Tuesday the devs looked at the list & there was a discussion about Marauders and Designers possibly having more control. However, they are very busy atm, which I'm sure you understand, so although they would like to do a Realm Editor update as part of the next update, as ever with any game's development, there can be no guarantees (well, you know how it rocks with such things). They may be able to provide more information on Friday, it being 1.12 Release Week and all.

Of course, is goes without saying, huge thanks to the Snapshot for their continuing updates to Chaos Reborn and the huge work the devs do & hopefully, for us Designers, they'll be an update to the Realm Editor coming over the horizon soon :)

Farious
    Realm Designer, King Backer, Demigod, Realm Moderator & Wiki Admin.
    Graduate of Chaos & Lords of Chaos.

#ChaosReborn stuff:
    Wiki | My Videos
    Farious

Previous

Return to Realm Design

Information