Realm Data: Level & 'Realm Difficulty does not match Level'

For Wizard Kings (and higher) to discuss the Realm Editor and the creation of realms.

  • Realm Difficult Specification
    In order to get some sort of consistent experience across Realms for Players here are the Specifications that have been agreed.

    These specifications are a guide that should be used as a foundation for Designers and during Moderation. However, the balance of the entire Realm will be taken into account during the Moderation process. Thus, Designers should create the Realm they wish and then set the Level that most closely matches their ready for submission creation.

    The 'Human' Difficulty name is just that, a tag for easy reading, & doesn't mean anything.

    Hard coded Formulas
    Realm Level 1: Equipment Level 1-3, no talismans
    Realm Level 2: Equipment Level 4-7, up to 2 talismans
    Realm Level 3: Equipment Level 8-11, up to 4 talismans
    Realm Level 4+: Equipment Level 12, up to 6 talismans

    Realm Level 1: Wizard Lord AI: Basic
    Realm Level 2: Wizard Lord AI: Average
    Realm Level 3: Wizard Lord AI: Advanced

    Max number of Reinforcements per Wizard Lord = Realm Level + 2
    Max number of Marauders = 1 + (Realm Level / 3)
    Total Score = # of Wizard Kings Killed * 500 + # of Wizard Lords Killed * 50 + # of Invaders Killed * 15 - Number of Days

    Human Difficulty Name: Training / Apprentice (excludes the Tutorial Realm)
    Realm Level: 1
    Max number of Citadels: 1
    Max number of ManaFluxes: 1
    Max number of Ruins: 3
    Max number of Towns: 3
    Max number of Villages: 18
    Banish Spell Progress: 0%-50% full upon reaching the Palace with a near perfect run.
    Encounter Outcomes Prohibited: Banish Spell, Disconnect, ReleaseNextMarauder & Time.
    Max Reinforcement Rates: High Casting Chance Spells: 80%. Low Casting Chance Spells: 4% Spider: 4% Undead: 4%
    Reinforcements Prohibited: Giant, Hellhound, Hydra, Vampire, Sapphire Dragon, Zombie
    Reinforcements per average Wizard Lord: 0-1 (Max 3)
    Taboos Prohibited : All.

    Special Qualifying Conditions:
    • All battles must be able to be fought with the aid of a Village.
    • Citadels, ManaFluxes, & Palace must be included in at least 1 Town's Rumours.
    • Citadels, ManaFluxes, & Palace must not be on a disconnected island
    • Player must not be forced to abandon the Realm.
    • Undead Reinforcements must be countered by the player being granted easily accessible counter Undead or Undead Slayer Mercs for no gold fee.

    Human Difficulty Name: Easy / Lord
    Realm Level: 2/3
    Max number of Citadels: 3/3
    Max number of ManaFluxes: 2/3
    Max number of Ruins: 3
    Max number of Towns: 4
    Max number of Villages: ∞
    Banish Spell Progress: 0%-50% full upon reaching the Palace with a near perfect run.
    Encounter Outcomes Prohibited: Banish Spell, Disconnect, ReleaseNextMarauder & Time.
    Max Reinforcement Rates: High Casting Chance Spells: 100%. Low Casting Chance Spells: 20% Giant. Hellhound, Hydra, Vampire, Sapphire Dragon, Zombie: 5%
    Reinforcements Prohibited: None.
    Reinforcements per average Wizard Lord: 1-3 (Max 4/5)
    Taboos Prohibited: Creature, High Casting Chance, Low Casting Chance, Non-Creature.

    Special Qualifying Conditions:
    • All battles must be able to be fought with the aid of a Village.
    • Location of Citadels, ManaFluxes, & Palace must be included in at least 1 Town's Rumours.
    • Player must not be forced to abandon the Realm.
    • Undead Reinforcements must be countered by the player being granted access to counter Undead or Undead Slayer Mercs for no gold fee.

    Human Difficulty Name: Medium / King
    Realm Level: 4/5/6
    Max number of Citadels: 3/3/4
    Max number of ManaFluxes: 3/4/4
    Max number of Ruins: 6/8/10
    Max number of Towns: 8
    Max number of Villages: ∞
    Banish Spell Progress: 50%-80% full upon reaching the Palace with a near perfect run
    Encounter Outcomes Prohibited: None
    Max Reinforcement Rates: High Casting Chance Spells: 60%. Low Casting Chance Spells: 30%. Undead: 10%
    Reinforcements Prohibited: None.
    Reinforcements per average Wizard Lord: 3-5 (Max 6/7/8)
    Taboos Prohibited: None.

    Special Qualifying Conditions:
    • The Palace battle must not be able to be fought with the aid of a Village.
    • At least 1 Citadel must start in an Active state with an AI Wizard Lord placed on it.
    • Location of active Citadels, ManaFluxes, & Palace must be indicated to the player in at least 1 Town's Rumour or Encounter that player must Activate.

    Human Difficulty Name: Hard / Demigod
    Realm Level: 7/8/9
    Max number of Citadels: 6/8/10
    Max number of ManaFluxes: 6/8/10
    Max number of Ruins: 12
    Max number of Towns: ∞
    Max number of Villages: ∞
    Banish Spell Progress: 50%-99% full upon reaching the Palace with a near perfect run
    Encounter Outcomes Prohibited: None
    Max Reinforcement Rates: High Casting Chance Spells: 33%. Low Casting Chance Spells: 66%.
    Reinforcements Prohibited: None.
    Reinforcements per average Wizard Lord: 5-7 (Max 8)
    Taboos Prohibited: None.

    Special Qualifying Conditions:
    • Citadels & Palace battles must not be able to be fought with the aid of a Village and must be guarded by an AI Lord either directly or indirectly.
    • At least 2 Citadels must start in an Active state with an AI Wizard Lord placed on them.
    • Location of at least 3 Citadels, 3 ManaFluxes, & 1 Palace must be mentioned or revealed in passing but such information can be missed by player. Citadels & ManaFluxes can be placed on tiles inaccessible to Player.
    • Undead Reinforcements must be countered by the player being granted access to counter Undead or Undead Slayer Mercs with some element of difficulty or fee.

    Human Difficulty Name: Nightmare / God
    Realm Level: 10/11/12
    Max number of Citadels: 12/24/∞
    Max number of ManaFluxes: 12/24/∞
    Max number of Ruins: ∞
    Max number of Towns: ∞
    Max number of Villages: ∞
    Banish Spell Progress: 90%-99% full upon reaching the Palace with a near perfect run.
    Encounter Outcomes Prohibited: None.
    Max Reinforcement Rates: High Casting Chance Spells: 20%. Low Casting Chance Spells: 100%
    Reinforcements Prohibited: None
    Reinforcements per average Wizard Lord: 6-8 (Max 8)
    Taboos Prohibited: None.

    Special Qualifying Conditions:
    • Citadels, ManaFluxes, & Palace battles must not be able to be fought with the aid of a Village and must be guarded by an AI Lord either directly or indirectly.
    • At least 3 Citadels must start in an Active state with an AI Wizard Lord placed on them.
    • Location of at least 3 Citadels, 3 ManaFluxes, & 1 Palace must be mentioned or revealed in passing but such information can be missed by player. Citadels & ManaFluxes can be placed on tiles inaccessible to Player..
    Choose FREEDOM! Choose the ANARCHY WOLVES Chaos Reborn guild! Click here!
    Discord & Forum Moderator, Realm Moderator, & Wiki Admin.
    PM me to ask Realm Design questions or for help.

    #ChaosReborn:
    DISCORD | Wiki | My Videos
    User avatar
    Farious
     
    Posts: 1172
    Joined: Fri Oct 16, 2015 9:36 am
    Location: England


Return to Realm Design




Information
  • Who is online
  • Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest