Cameo consents

For Wizard Kings (and higher) to discuss the Realm Editor and the creation of realms.
Sun Mar 12, 2017 7:04 pm

• I'm wondering what the current process is concerning plugging lords into your realm design in terms of permission? It seems like most of the lords comprising the database are not current, as i don't recognize them. Of the limited few whom I do recognize, the vast majority do not participate in the forums, so communicating with them becomes a game of cyberChicken, and can take enormous stretches of time to ask permission. Attempting to connect with lords who have a specific build or are willing to forge new ones is a bit of an overwhelming process, but this is necessary in order to really dial-in a specific realm experience. This could be bridged by extending the capacity to create new lords with a higher degree of customization, ie: choosing mega types and talismans etc...

Thanks
    -Aka
    larksleep

Sun Mar 12, 2017 9:45 pm

• I skipped the whole Wizard Lord phase, but my understanding of the mechanic is that Wizard Lords have to opt in. In this regard, the Wizard Lords choose their staffs and robes, including mega spells, already. Realm Designers choose from who has opted in.

NoWorries
    GOD

Sun Mar 12, 2017 11:58 pm

• Hey Baldr- right, i forgot about that aspect, my role as Lord was pretty brief. so, that seems like fair game then....
    larksleep

Mon Mar 13, 2017 12:12 am

• Long term I think we're going to have a situation where very few active players are at Lord ranking, to that end it might be an idea to allow all players at Lord or above to be able to put themselves forward for realm duty.

Chief tentacle arranger in The Guild of the Cephalopods .
    SpiteAndMalice

Mon Mar 13, 2017 2:21 am

• Would be interesting to add a wizard battle mechanic directly into the Encounter system. Came up with the idea of shrines. E.g., designer makes an shrine encounter. E.g., pick door number 1, there is a XX% chance of combat with God Z, or a YY% chance of a positive outcome. Though for this work, gods would need to be able to submit themselves similarly as Wizard Lords and Ladies. No reason that this mechanic couldn't be extended to all players with a social rank over Wizard Lord, too. Might allow it to remain current, as well.

NoWorries
    GOD

Mon Mar 13, 2017 3:17 am

• SpiteAndMalice wrote:Long term I think we're going to have a situation where very few active players are at Lord ranking, to that end it might be an idea to allow all players at Lord or above to be able to put themselves forward for realm duty.

+1, Yes please, If there is any way to revise the system to allow this and populate realms with active lords. I would like the option to stay at lord level to be able to specialize in doing lord duty.

I feel like you should be able to choose your station and role within the RPG elements of the game in the same way that you can choose what style of mage you are.. Some of us may want to stay humble warriors.. pawns to be used by kings and gods (seasoned realm creators) as their champions.

..I backed at lord level so my wizard is always going to have lord skins and look like a lord. I thought lord was going to be my role within the social aspects of the game, being a lord, fighting for kings and gods etc.

I like making optimal load-outs for AI lords, ones that suit the way the AI plays. I make different ones for each realm (to suit the realm theme) rather than use the same load-out throughout.

Obviously I've unlocked access to the realm creator having leveled up beyond lord and king level (demi), I still want to create content (realms) at some point so I guess there would need to be a way to switch between lord duty and 'king duty'.

The promotion/ascension system is alright but it would also make sense if it was possible for there to be players at all of the social ranks at different wizard levels, i.e, sometimes have lords with higher XP levels than kings. You don't want a situation where everyone in the active player-base is a king or above.

Currently demi-gods and gods get to remain active as kings (for realm making purposes) but kings don't get to remain active as lords. Maybe as you unlock each tier the amount of things you can do increase i.e, lords can perform lord duty but not create realms, kings can create realms and/or do lord duty, demi-gods can run a guild and/or create realms and/or perform lord duty.

I wonder if the reason lord duty is being bypassed so quickly is because it is possible to level up super fast in Duel. Lord duty is one of the best features in the game, it's a shame to be able to bypass it so quickly without being able to unlock it again.
    Mazy

Mon Mar 13, 2017 8:53 am

• larksleep wrote:This could be bridged by extending the capacity to create new lords with a higher degree of customization, ie: choosing mega types and talismans etc...

This would be desired. However, it is unlikely to be implemented for awhile as Snapshot are extremely busy atm.

Farious
    Realm Designer, King Backer, Demigod, Realm Moderator & Wiki Admin.
    Graduate of Chaos & Lords of Chaos.

#ChaosReborn stuff:
    Wiki | My Videos
    Farious

Return to Realm Design

Information