Any chance of removing placement limitations?

For Wizard Kings (and higher) to discuss the Realm Editor and the creation of realms.

• Hi snapshot gang, I was thinking about trying my hand at a new type of realm, though the simple limitations to how many towers i can put in as well as stuff like limited gold rewards is a little too limiting.

Since there is a moderator system in place, could it be as simple as having them look over things to make sure things are up to snuff?

Just thought i'd suggest it as it might actually be one of the things that is possible to change in the next update.
    anjovi

• Hi.
    I'd be reluctant to alter gold-payouts;
    However I think most of the other things could be modified.
    What limit would you (or anyone) like to see on towers, and are there any other limits you'd like to change?
    CGR
    SNAPSHOT DEV

• CGR wrote:Hi.
    I'd be reluctant to alter gold-payouts;
    However I think most of the other things could be modified.
    What limit would you (or anyone) like to see on towers, and are there any other limits you'd like to change?

Construction Points need to go & the limit on everything removed (except gold). It is ridiculously difficult to generate Reinforcement Points for Low Casting Chance creatures so the cap on Citadels should be removed as a priority, or, the player be able to set the number of Reinforcement Points Citadels generate (though I guess that would require more work & imho a Mission Log would be the most important interface change). Basically if Designers want a realm that is 90% forest then they should be able to make one… if it's unplayable then it will be sent back to them following Moderation.

If you are able to do this, and huge thanks if so, then will it be available in the next update (it will give me something to review for the OcUK thread).

Thanks,
    Farious
    Realm Designer, King Backer, Demigod, Realm Moderator & Wiki Admin.
    Graduate of Chaos & Lords of Chaos.

#ChaosReborn stuff:
    Wiki | My Videos
    Farious

• I can understand the gold cap, i was originally going to try my hand at creating something similar to a duel system were the player gets more rewards as they go.....Though i can understand how that could make things unnecessarily difficult for mods.

Otherwise, as far as limits go, I'd just remove them across the board. Along with requirements to place things. Villages for alot of realms do not make sense, and the option to not have to place them would be nice.

Before i forget. If this could also be applied to encounter rewards/penalties (ex max 50 days, 50 reinforcement pts, etc.) That would be an immense help in making new realms, especially the one i'm looking at making.
    anjovi

• Removing the cap (or at least increasing it) for the number of encounters that you can create would be very good.

Chief tentacle arranger in The Guild of the Cephalopods .
    SpiteAndMalice

Return to Realm Design

Information