Discussion: Customisation of Town Mercs

For Wizard Kings (and higher) to discuss the Realm Editor and the creation of realms.

• A thread for discussing all things relating to Designers being able to set the specific type of Mercenaries available for Hire In Towns. This does not mean Hired Mercenary Customisation will be added to the Realms of Chaos either now, in the future, or ever, it only means that it is an interesting topic worthy of further examination.

Farious
    Farious

• +1 Not sure that the development will happen, but anything that gives control to realm designers to be able to design the realms that they want is going to lead to more varied and interesting realms being created so I'm in favour of this.

The Guild of the Cephalopods is now recruiting - We embrace all.

- Chief Tentacle Arranger in The Guild of the Cephalopods.
    SpiteAndMalice
    DEMIGOD

• I could imagine these being fun:
    -Naming the mercs in the towns.
    -Adding a pool of names in which the towns can pull from for rng mercs.

Perhaps adding these named mercs to the pool of mercs that could be referenced for encounter checks.
    anjovi

• anjovi wrote:I could imagine these being fun:
    -Naming the mercs in the towns.
    -Adding a pool of names in which the towns can pull from for rng mercs.

Perhaps adding these named mercs to the pool of mercs that could be referenced for encounter checks.

That's really clever, I hadn't thought of doing it that way around! So instead of having say drop down menus on the edit Town dialogue box for each Merc to hire you'd have an entire screen of drop down menus, like the Flags Screen where you'd pick all the Mercs for the Realm and then each time a Player started the Realm RNG would seed them? That actually sounds really cool but I would suspect may take more time to implement as they'd be no variable for storing the name and which Merc is allocated to which Town. However, yeah, cool!

Farious
    Farious

Return to Realm Design

Information