Hegemony

Discussion and development of guilds, including guild lore and recruitment.
Mon Aug 14, 2017 4:00 am

• HEGEMONY

is a guild for players to pool their knowledge and cooperate to dominate PvP in Chaos Reborn. I'd especially like to form 2v2 and 3v3 teams that can challenge other guilds.

Once we have a core of players I'd expect to pickup a Mumble or Team-speak account, etc. We could also have our own web forum. Forum could be for tactics, strategy, role-play, fan-fiction, and so on.

HEGEMONY has a horror-fantasy role-play theme. Inchoate disparate bonds of control bind both the unwitting and the cunning. We expand from realm to realm unlike other organizations. While others seek gold or a throne the Hegemony seizes people. Once the Wizard King/Queen perishes the realm's entire population is removed to home domains. Migration complete; the invaded realm ceases to exist. This is the little that is known of Hegemony to the scholarly in Limbo.

I'd like to create realms via realm editor that are lore-based with Chaos Reborn and flesh out Hegemony's theme/activities. We can also use the custom games to setup role-play rules or scenarios.

If you are interested in joining Hegemony hit GLASSJAW up online or respond to this post. The initial requirement I'm setting for membership is sportsmanship. Join! :mrgreen:
    GlassJaw, Agent of Hegemony
    Glass Jaw

Sat Aug 19, 2017 8:19 pm

• This Guild intrigues me. Mysterious means, mysterious goals... I would humbly request membership, should the Guildmaster permit.

Signed,

Othrek
    Othrek

Sun Aug 20, 2017 12:55 am

• Hi Othrek, thank you for your interest. I'll shoot you an invite. Most of the guild background is blank so members can co-create it.
    Glass Jaw

Wed Aug 23, 2017 6:01 pm

• (let me know if this crowds your post up too much, i can delete it :D)

Just a thought from an opposing guild regarding lore:
    I'm currently making a realm, and wouldn't mind dropping some nods to other guilds. Was thinking of adding some interplay between Hegemony and Baldrlux (from the perspective of some of the ANU dudes) the hegemony stuff kind of sounds like a bit of the stuff I refer to in some of my realms (sort of a realm harvester vibe). Could be fun to associate your guild to it.

Theirs a section in the chaos lore guide that talks about demons and their relation ship with wizards. Sort of just talks about the dynamic between wizards summoning them for power, sometimes being overtaken by the demon, etc.

Might be a fun area to play with in your realm lore. It implies that demons are incorporeal beings that can range in power from lowly things to more powerful entities (stuff that could be powerful enough to start a guild..hehe)

Here's a paste of it:

Demons
    Wizards who seek the rare and potent darkness turn their ear to the whispers of the unnamed. The promise
    of great power and dominion over others is tempting and to some it becomes too much to resist.
    Such rituals require blood and rare ingredients that are difficult to find amidst the void.
    In the depths of such power, the gifted lose their way and identity, lapsing to become the minions of the
    fell spirits they have summoned where they once were masters.

Once beginning on the darkest of paths, few can navigate in any other direction. Yet, some still make the
    attempt and the advice below might save a life from damnation.Whether bargaining or binding a demon, there are three things that a wizard must first obtain. The creature’sname (note that this does not need to be its True Name, the name that it commonly uses should besufficient), a weapon to coerce it or payment that the demon will find apt. This is the most skilful part ofthe ritual, since weapon or payment must be tailored very specifically or it will fail.

Often the True Name of the demon is sufficient to bind it in servitude for a year, but only the very foolish will rely upon only
    this as an inducement. Demons will not suffer one who knows their true name to live long. Lastly the
    Ritualist will need a defence should anything go awry. Again this should be carefully considered, although
    defences need to be of a more general nature than the inducement, in the event that something other than
    that which was intended is summoned.

Once a demon has acquiesced to the ministrations of the summoner, it should be stated that the contest
    of wills is not over. Many creatures will look to find a loophole or missed phrase within a bargain, whilst
    those bound, will always seek to exploit the weaknesses of their new masters.
    However, the profit of such a servant can be immense. The properties of creatures from the darkness and
    even of those who have great power can be varied and vast. Often they can perform the most difficult of
    tasks with relative ease and can become far more useful than any other minion.
    anjovi

Thu Aug 24, 2017 9:09 am

• Glassjaw, destroyer of worlds and victor of many, I offer you my most sincere respect. Scholars of the Repository of Wikia who are associated to my most grand and much triumphant Order of Anarchy Wolves inform me that they have completed a work that pertains to document the Hegemony. They beg that you do take time from your conquests to cast your most observant eye over that which they have wrote. Thus, the document awaits you or your emissary's inspection at:… http://chaosreborn.wikia.com/wiki/Hegemony

The Divine Wolf General,
    Farious
    Farious

Wed Aug 30, 2017 2:18 am

• @Anjovi

I am very interested in a rivalry with Baldrlux. The core values of Hegemony are in direct opposition with Baldr, but Hegemony goes to great lengths to keep it's means and ends confidential. I think there will have to be some manner of investigation on the part of other parties to engender an in-game rivalry. That could be done through realm creation or even creating custom matches whose outcomes further the story.

The Demon lore is very familiar as Hegemony is this concept on steroids. If you are going to include Hegemony in your realm I'll send a private message with Out of Character (OOC) background data.

@Farious

I took my time editing the guild wiki. The wiki now states everything that is known to the uninitiated: Hegemonic Agents employ a covert magical technology to vastly enhance their physical, mental, and/or magical capacities. After beheading a realm's ruler Agent's are pied-pipers saying and demonstrating whatever is required to gain the confidence of subject populaces. Also noted, the esprit de corps of Agents is relentless determination and unflinching discipline. I would rather the guild be known for "No lead is ever safe" over repute for win-rate.
    Glass Jaw

Wed Aug 30, 2017 7:03 am

• Greetings Glassjaw, destroyer of worlds and binder of magic & technology. The mortal scholars in question have been dismembered and their worthless body parts fed to my Hellhounds. I hope this act makes for a suitable apology for any slight felt against you.

The Divine Wolf General,
    Farious
    Farious

Mon Sep 25, 2017 12:46 pm

• Hello! :twisted: I request membership?
    Ozu

Mon Sep 25, 2017 8:48 pm

• Hi Glassjaw, hope all is well.
    I would like to be considered for joining Hegemony.
    I look forward to many battles and the chance to be an apprentice wizard in the guild.
    Theregrond

Tue Sep 26, 2017 9:04 pm

• Ozu and Theregrond have been assessed and approved to become Agents of Hegemony. Excellent additions.
    Glass Jaw

Next

Return to Orders and Guilds

Information