Guild grudge matches.

Discussion and development of guilds, including guild lore and recruitment.
Sun Mar 18, 2018 10:39 am

• So we've had a few attempts at getting some grudge matches going between guilds with some very mixed degrees of success. I think one handicap we've got with this is that we're all into playing different formats of the game.

So @ other guilds, what I'm going to propose is that in the event of wishing to make a challenge; we just setup a custom match in game, invite the opposition guild leader to that lobby, and then ask them to nominate other members of the guild to join them (if required) - The guild leader themselves has the possibility to even step back out of the match if they wish to... but we might be better off simply trying to arrange some games 'in game' rather than on the forum.

I'm sending out a few invites based on how the The Cephs like to play, if you want to come and try beat us in our own backyard then we'll happily show you the error of your ways... similarly if there's a match type that any other guild feels brave enough to invite The Cephs to, then you know where to find us. ;-)

The Guild of the Cephalopods is now recruiting - We embrace all.

- Chief Tentacle Arranger in The Guild of the Cephalopods.
    SpiteAndMalice
    DEMIGOD

Sun Mar 18, 2018 1:29 pm

• Hegemony is ready. I'm happy to see some inter-guild competition. We have members who favor Law or Chaos, Equipped or Classic :)
    Glas Masv, Child of the Light-Eater, Ascendent Metamorphic Singularity; MastrMynd of Hegemony

Join Hegemony! Original PvP/Realm/Lore Guild.

Send a PM or contact Glas Masv aka GlassJaw in-game or on Discord to Apply.
    Glas Masv

Sun Mar 18, 2018 1:39 pm

• Well, I've made challenges to each of you for Classic Chaos - If you're up for it, sort out who's playing and then let me know in the game lobbies who else you would like me to invite.

@Anjovi - Can you add me as a friend in game? I tried adding you, but there's 8 user names which are exactly the same.

The Guild of the Cephalopods is now recruiting - We embrace all.

- Chief Tentacle Arranger in The Guild of the Cephalopods.
    SpiteAndMalice
    DEMIGOD

Sun Mar 18, 2018 7:18 pm

• I represent Baldrnox. But our front wizard RafiRomero is not into async too much? Correct me there if I'm wrong.
    No One is God, but Many Humanyti | Baldrnox Unighted | Order of Baldrlux
    celwulf

Tue Mar 20, 2018 1:39 pm

• Hi,
    I quite like ranked async, but I should probably stay out of it for now. Let me know if there are any live matches going, and feel free to front for Baldrnox instead of me, Cel!
    RafiRomero

Tue Mar 20, 2018 3:05 pm

• Can do spite!

Otherwise, in the case that Rafi or CGR sees this, what might the chances of devoting a section of the main menu splash screen to guild handled tournaments be? Perhaps as guild masters, we could devise tournaments in which we can set rules/parameters for the participants to play. The winning guild as well as MVPs could possibly be displayed on the front page, along with the banner of the guild.

I'm thinking this might be a great way to incorporate guilds in the meantime until something more automated came into play.

I see alot of potential in this as it lets the guild leaders moderate a bit of the meta gaming. The simple dynamic of having Spite host a game and invite a guild leader from other guilds, were upon that guild leader can invite their members could go provide a cool dynamic for doing proper tournaments. Tournament progress can either be depicted in the splash screen as they are in progress or after completion (perhaps a community member can be tasked with keeping this page up to date?)

Perhaps along with having their guild appear on the front page with their banner, written blurb, etc. they could possibly establish the parameters for a tournament in which they "host". Even stuff like special rules could come into play as the players can moderate this in game. Although, if this were to be a thing, fixing it so we can use the special rules for async games would be required imo.

I wouldn't mind going about recruiting folks to participate in these on ANU's behalf. Other guilds that get made down the line could participate too if their leaders are active enough to check in with the rest of the chaos reborn guilds...Will have to get my champion Xircanius in on these (seriously though, he needs a raise! :D)

Why I think this'd work is that we already have moderators for realms, as well as those who are moderating tournaments with 3rd party software...I think it'd just be a matter of designing a document that tournament hosters could abide to in order to make sure it's all up to snuff. No programming required (though the moderator will probably need access to the splash screen..at least the portion where you'd plug the tournament results) Seriously, this thing needs to get used more.

So...whadyathink?

-------
    Although, if you really wanted to facilitate this with some programming...What i'd do is add a guild feature were you could have the demigod/god send an invite to a guild. From here, any of the guild's members could respond to the invite. How cool would that be?

Perhaps guilds could get setup as 'adversaries', so that they'd appear in this guild invite list, similar to how friends appear in friend invites in lobby. Otherwise, you could perhaps just have a process in which guilds qualify to be placed on the guild invite list (keep in mind this is all just to avoid guild spam, which would quickly clog up the list) the process could be as simple as getting a greenlight from the tournament moderator.

------------------

Next bit is inspired by Glass: Regarding blurbs and the like; perhaps the guild leader could write a blurb to give some flavourful background to what the tournament meant to their guild. Otherwise, the MVP could also have the opportunity to write some little blurb about what the tournament meant to their wizard.

This would be totally optional and moderated (of course) to give the sense that there is an actual community around this game. The charts and ranks of duel and rank are cool, but they don't really sell the game as one with a dedicated community.
    anjovi

Return to Orders and Guilds

Information